Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Season 4 Competitor Bios

jar

Help me out. I just looked at classification for Season 4 competitor Gabby Franco A69761, and with a current and high percentage of 34.58%, but she's listed as a "C" shooter.

My wife has a higher current and high percentage, 36.99, but she's still listed as a "D" shooter. What am I missing here?

I suspect it's because she came in 2nd D in Limited at the Area 5 match with a 40.1500%: http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-display-match-results-detail.php?indx=1258&division=Limited&guntype=Pistol

There were enough GM's at that match in that Division so the following item kicked in:

In addition, if the competitor shoots an Area Championship or major tournament and wins first or second in a class higher than his or her current classification, the member may be promoted to that higher class, except for Grand Master.

- USPSA Classification Course Book -- Fourth Edition, page 8

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Skydiver, makes perfect sense.

Help me out. I just looked at classification for Season 4 competitor Gabby Franco A69761, and with a current and high percentage of 34.58%, but she's listed as a "C" shooter.

My wife has a higher current and high percentage, 36.99, but she's still listed as a "D" shooter. What am I missing here?

I suspect it's because she came in 2nd D in Limited at the Area 5 match with a 40.1500%: http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-display-match-results-detail.php?indx=1258&division=Limited&guntype=Pistol

There were enough GM's at that match in that Division so the following item kicked in:

In addition, if the competitor shoots an Area Championship or major tournament and wins first or second in a class higher than his or her current classification, the member may be promoted to that higher class, except for Grand Master.

- USPSA Classification Course Book -- Fourth Edition, page 8

Got to hangout with Gabby Franco at SHOT Show. She's got a great story, and a lot of passion for the sport. I think she's going to do well in Top Shot...and in her future as a competitor and trainer.

I'm going to be cheering her on.

• 4 weeks later...