Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10+1 in Open USPSA Shotgun?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a USPSA rule too only.

Agreed.

I'd ask the current President, then talk to your AD to get it changed!

That's a good question to ask. The USPSA President appears to enjoy shooting Outlaw multigun and I'd be interested in hearing his thoughts. I'd assume that the A6 AD is a fan of Outlaw multigun as well.

The problem is fixing itself though. There are a wide variety of outlaw multigun matches to choose from for those who would like to shoot them more frequently.

What moron changed open to a limited 10 shotgun sport?

IPSC General Assembly decided to change it on vote which we (big shotgun regions)lost.

Now box fed open SG can use only 10rd magazines and tube fed can hold 14 rds.

Maximum speed loading device can hold 6 rds.

There is also length limit on open SG as well 1320mm.

What moron changed open to a limited 10 shotgun sport?

Holy cow Matt, how long has it been since you shot a USPSA match? It's been that way for well over 10 years. Haven't been around long enough to know if it's always been 10+1. I'm hoping to get it changed with the new rule book. I'd say talk to your AD, but I doubt you need to. Chris already knows his way around a Multi Gun match.

This is one of 2 reasons I dont like USPSA scoring for multigun. Im currently shooting a Saiga and use AGP mags but if I want to use surfire or drums then thats my choice in open. I also dont like power factors in multigun. I am transitioning to 9mm and dont have to worry about minor.

This goes hand in hand with the debate about one ruleset for multigun. Im fine with one set, as long as they are IMG style. Not USPSA or some other weak sister.

Are we going to get rid of the 170MM restriction too?

We should keep it 10+1. Let USPSA be the ruleset where you actually have to reload in Open.

Do you need to reload your AR-15's also? Is there mag capacity restrictions also?

USPSA has no mag restrictions for rifles whether they be open or otherwise.

As to the comment about IPSC rules, think about how much sense it makes that all of these IPSC regions who can not shoot rifle or shotgun have the same vote on amendments to rules that regions where rifle and shotgun matches are held.

We should keep it 10+1. Let USPSA be the ruleset where you actually have to reload in Open.

Open is Open, not Limited 10, for shotgun or anything else...If you want to do a 14 round tube, why not? 20 round drum? sure!

No reason not to get rid of the 170mm rule for pistol either... RM3G did it several years ago. Why? to promote the TRUE meaning of Open! If someone wants to come up with a beta mag for their 2011, go for it! :sight:

jj

Im just saying if you look at the large large matches and club matches in my neck of the woods none use USPSA. There is a reason.

IF you want to reload lets make the max mag capacity 10 for everything. That would be really fun wouldnt it? Then it turns into a reloading contest.

Edited by tnek

USPSA has a purpose we need to be a part of IPSC, but no need to be more restictive than the rules they have in IPSC,

free open, I am pretty sure a modified division shotgun in IPSC can hold more rounds than a USPSA Open, hmmm

USPSA has no mag restrictions for rifles whether they be open or otherwise.

As to the comment about IPSC rules, think about how much sense it makes that all of these IPSC regions who can not shoot rifle or shotgun have the same vote on amendments to rules that regions where rifle and shotgun matches are held.

Never thought of that. I think USPSA wants to get as much control of multigun as it can though because of the money involved. Thats just my opinion and personaly I like the way IMG scores, the open class for shotguns means open. The weight of shells will limit any kind of race. The xrail is one example, I have not shot one but have talked to a couple people who have and the X rail has the drawback of weight. I also am glad that as long as I shoot 9MM or bigger I dont have to worry about minor or major or pistol division.