Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10+1 in Open USPSA Shotgun?

Burkett --- Saiga

Nope. FN w/ XRail (at least, so he told me at the Open Nationals this year)

He shot a Saiga at Ironman at the Open match.

I'm not the boss of him so I don't know if he has shot any majors since then with an XRailed gun. It would be interesting to see how he does with a gun that actually works.

If you read the Uploader Comments he also mentions he switched to a Xrail open gun :P Also I guess the saiga breaks and he uses a Xrail'd benelli to finish the match

Edited by DocMedic

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burkett --- Saiga

Nope. FN w/ XRail (at least, so he told me at the Open Nationals this year)

He shot a Saiga at Ironman at the Open match.

I'm not the boss of him so I don't know if he has shot any majors since then with an XRailed gun. It would be interesting to see how he does with a gun that actually works.

If you read the Uploader Comments he also mentions he switched to a Xrail open gun :P Also I guess the saiga breaks and he uses a Xrail'd benelli to finish the match

Thats just payback, the year before he broke his Benelli and used my Saiga to finish the match.

Doug

I actually kind of like hit factor scoring much better than 2 to netralize and move on. I realize its faster to score the 2 to netralize but it does not reward accuracy. My preferred scoring is using IDPA style points down where you add 1/2 a second for a C zone hit 1.5 seconds for a D zone and 2.5 seconds for a miss. Then a 5 second penalty for not hitting the A,B or C zone at least once. That is what I have come to like to run the best at the matches I host. Not sure if any big matches do something similar.

Pat

No more 170MM rule means...

glock_flyer2.jpg

I wonder what my draw times would be?

The 170 rule is pretty split. Some matches have gone away from it, but only a couple I'm aware of. I don't have a major problem with keeping that one in place. But I'm only 1/9 of the USPSA votes let alone the input from the rest of the IMGA crew. BTW, thanks for posting that. I already hit them up about getting one for my G18. Might use it for Trooper next year with my Roni stock.

I probably ought to steer this back on topic...before people start making jokes like...

- It looks like a seated bench in the booking area of a jail. Nah, that is your sister's house

- I have to know... what are the handcuffs for????? Just ask your wife.

ph34r.gif

OK...none of that...back to 10 rounds!!!

1911bench.jpeg

I have to know... what are the handcuffs for?????

It looks like a seated bench in the booking area of a jail. You sit the prisoners down and handcuff them to the bench.

Pat

That's what I thought the bench looked like, but w/ a 1911 on it??? Maybe I should have asked what jail lets you keep you carry gun in the booking cell?

And Kyle, those are not my wife's handcuffs. Hers are leopard skin lined.

Edited by Bryan 45

USPSA had no limits on Shotgun capacity in the 1991 3 Gun Nationals and 2" SG shells were also legal to use. What happened was they started copying SOF rules and wanted to keep the magazine tubes (B4 box mags) just 1" past the barrel. That year shotguns barrels (34-38")started getting longer to get approved capacity by another dumb rule. Same had happened with AR15 comps, the 1" x 3" is an old SOF rule which was only intended for the AR15s. Now that same rule applies to 308s by USPSA.

• 3 weeks later...

Bill you got your wires crossed in there somewhere. First off S.O.F. rules stated quite plainly that the barrel shall NOT exceed 22" and the magazine extention could NOT extend more than 1" past the end of the barrel. NEVER did they allow 33" or 34" barrels. The capacity change for USPSA happend in 96 for open shotgun NEVER in relation to S.O.F. While we are here, S.O.F. did limit breaks on rifles to a "factory" configuration because so many post ban rifles came that way from the factory, this was in 98, but they never quantified it, Superstition mountain quantified it as did RM3G, I know cause I was the guy who did it for RM3G. Kurt Miller

• 3 weeks later...