Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ammo Catching @ match

I like doing it .....

It is showing off ....

I will continue to do it ....

I could care less what others think ....

When I used to play a lot of tournament poker I used to shuffle stacks of chips at the table

Helped keep me focused

That was showing off too

I also didn't care what people thought of that either ..... :)

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to think of it as a creative outlet... Kind of like when a NHLer scores a goal or an NFLdr scores a touchdown etc etc... I just burnt a stage down, that little flip and catch is my celebration... Think of it what you will, like Nimitz I don't care.

Or likewise I just took a crap on a stage and that little flip is me blowing of some steam... Again think what you want, I don't care!

We pay our dues but we are all different. One answer isn't going to appease everyone. Flip if you want, don't flip if you don't want to. But don't form an opinion of the shooter off of it just because it's not what you think is right!

Edited by Vanniek71

But don't form an opinion off of it just because it's not what you think is right!

I personally don't care about ammo flipping either way - but what better reason is there to form an opinion than because you think something is not right?

I meant form an opinion of the shooter off of if they flip or don't

I know in IDPA they dont allow this ammo catching after you shoot your stage for safety reason. , Some of shooters in USPSA /IPSC do this in the match, I recently was told by someone in local match that it is not allowed anymore even in USPSA. is that something new?

I just took the RO class with the DNROI, I asked him directly and he said it is 100% legal. and, that he would rather see that than putting the hand over the ejection port to dump the round in your hand.

Edited by aceinyerface

I let it hit the ground. I got ok at the flip, but was very uncoordinated at the catch. Walk and chew gum?

I too did a flip and missed the catch today at steel match. Totally am busted now. Everybody waiting to shoot the stage has seen me for the poser I am.

I should have at least gone for the flip and swat, knocking the round clear of the shooting box. I feel like I have laid landlines on a playground now.

Some of us have no life ....

Is it 'lazy' to not want to bend over and pick up a round or is it just more efficient? Lazy has a negative connotation where efficiency has a positive one ... I'm all about being positive ... And not lazy ...

Edited by Nimitz

Is it 'lazy' to not want to bend over and pick up a round or is it just more efficient? Lazy has a negative connotation where efficiency has a positive one ... I'm all about being positive ... And not lazy ...

I don't think lazy is necessarily negative. I just don't want to expend unnecessary effort. i think it's good that you are lazy. ;)

Edited by motosapiens

edit- I tried to reply with a quote, botched it- here is what I was referencing- http://re-gun.com/2011/03/eye-pro-people-wear-it/

There was a rule when I was going through SFARTAETC that you were not allowed to catch the ejected round, one dude had this happen when a round landed in the gravel. One in a million chance, but millions of rounds are ejected each year...

Not super dangerous, it doesn't have much velocity without a barrel- you might catch some minor frag in your legs if you have shorts on.

Edited by WeDefy

I don't think lazy is necessarily negative. I just don't want to expend unnecessary effort. i think it's good that you are lazy. ;)

I've worked for the gov't for 33 yrs ... I'm the very definition of 'lazy' ...

If I wasn't lazy I'd shoot 50,000/yr instead of only the 25,000/yr I currently shoot ...