Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Season 2 - Episode 3

BritinUSA

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad Guida bailed. I feel for him though, I know what pulled hamstrings feel like.

I lost respect for him. He gave up without even trying. The way Jermain was running around, if the red team could have hit a target they could have made up for John being slow. The way they edited the show, he gave up long before he walked off at the team challenge.

I think that Guida quitting before the challenge helped his team more than hurt it... I think that his move was very unselfish and honorable. :cheers:

I didn't think so at first but I wholeheartedly agree now. I realized that since he had sat out the last team challenge, he would be forced to compete in this one. His dropping out before the challenge strengthened his team. :cheers:

If I thought that was the reason he quit, I might agree with you. It looked to me like he decided to quit the day before the challenge.

Safety should be taken more seriously and there should be penalties for ad's or finger on trigger/180 rule

In talking to and reading posts from past competitors and current competitors I get the feeling that safety has been a paramount concern of the shows producers. Maybe they can chime in again to alleviate your concerns.

I was just able to watch this episode and was surprised about several things. Jermain did quite well in practice while Jay did poorly. When it came to the challenge, Jay either got better or was doing a good job of compensating for his "low left" shooting gun. It's hard to tell from the editing of the shooting, but the doors were not moving too fast and with 30 seconds and two 17 round mags, I would have expected Jermain to get more than 7 hits based on his practice.

Here's the question in my mind, did Jay win or Jermain lose? It may just be that there is more to Jay than his mouth - he seems to function well under pressure.

Safety should be taken more seriously and there should be penalties for ad's or finger on trigger/180 rule

In talking to and reading posts from past competitors and current competitors I get the feeling that safety has been a paramount concern of the shows producers. Maybe they can chime in again to alleviate your concerns.

I'm glad there is an emphasis on safety behind the scenes. No need to have them chime in, I'll take your word for it. Perhaps they should simply emphasize it a bit more in the show....not to the point of overkill where non-shooting viewers get sick of the "safety talk" and are turned off because guns seem so dangerous. Maybe say something like "if a shooter exhibits negligence with the firearm, such and such penalty applies". Like on the elimination comps, if you violate certain rules, it's an immediate DQ resulting in a loss. This does NOT mean they have to use USPSA/IDPA rules, they can make up their own specific to their competition. I don't know....just a thought. I'm not a TV producer.

note: guns ARE dangerous, but only when used improperly.

This series is starting lame. The M14 is for 300-600 yd work-not 75-100. Shoulda used the sharps for that distance. Compound bow next...snore. Already had paint guns-what's next? Derringers? DVR getting shut down for the rest of this year.

What would you have rather seen, Butch?

(beside s a 3-gun/Multi-gun match? :D )

I personally think Daryl Parker is a big part of the problem with Jay. Jay THOUGHT he was supposed to be the leader and was trying to lead. He was active, working to help the team members. He's not a born leader, but he was trying.

Daryl was standing behind his back talking crap. That undermines the team. It's malignant and spreads.

So maybe Jay comes off wrong, but he's an amature. I think Jay's intent was good.

Daryl is a LEO not far from me. I imagine he has the same attitude in his job. Gives good LEO's a bad name.....

When I watched the elimination round between between Jay and Jermain I thought that both of them broke penalty plates. I had it recorded on the DVR but deleted it after watching it. Can someone check it out....

When I watched the elimination round between between Jay and Jermain I thought that both of them broke penalty plates. I had it recorded on the DVR but deleted it after watching it. Can someone check it out....

Here you go, you can watch it online http://www.history.com/shows/top-shot/videos/playlists/season-2-full-episodes#top-shot-2-uphill-battle

I enjoyed this episode! My observations:

1. How many times do you think the competitors swept each other with the M1As when they were running around with them? Judas Priest.....

2. At the moment somebody said, "John just doesn't seem to have his heart in this," I'm pretty sure the camera swung over and caught a couple seconds of him from the back, and he appeared to be taking a leak.

3. Barney Miller had quite possibly the best instrumental theme song in television history. Listen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VcepUEv-mE

and he has a smokin' hot wife.

Dont we all?

As far as Guida goes, with pulled hamstrings in both legs I would have popped smoke and headed for the couch long ago. He saw the challenge and knew he would only hurt his team, but after what we saw he may not have really hurt the team after all.

Surprise!

That was a pretty badass audition tape.

Without some serious and specific practice for those particular feats I don't know many (anyone) who could do that.

Do I remember correctly that he said he just picked up pistol a year ago? If true, seems like he is one of those natural talents.

I was just able to watch this episode and was surprised about several things. Jermain did quite well in practice while Jay did poorly. When it came to the challenge, Jay either got better or was doing a good job of compensating for his "low left" shooting gun. It's hard to tell from the editing of the shooting, but the doors were not moving too fast and with 30 seconds and two 17 round mags, I would have expected Jermain to get more than 7 hits based on his practice.

Here's the question in my mind, did Jay win or Jermain lose? It may just be that there is more to Jay than his mouth - he seems to function well under pressure.

Jermaine said in the post interview that when he hit the "friend" target he stopped. Also, I don't think either of them went fast enough. You have 34 rounds (assuming they're loaded to max) in 30 seconds, with approx. half that time with the doors closed. You would think they would wing some downrange in that short amount of time. ALso, with no "Friend" targets this would have been good with the Tommy Gun from last week.

I enjoyed this episode! My observations:

1. How many times do you think the competitors swept each other with the M1As when they were running around with them? Judas Priest.....

That's the reason they carried the ammo separate. I watched this close and when the gun was on the move, I didn't see any inserted magazines in the guns. Not good practice to sweep anyways, but safer with an unloaded gun than unloaded.

Too bad Guida bailed. I feel for him though, I know what pulled hamstrings feel like.

I lost respect for him. He gave up without even trying. The way Jermain was running around, if the red team could have hit a target they could have made up for John being slow. The way they edited the show, he gave up long before he walked off at the team challenge.

There's a difference between hurt and injured. He was injured. It winced to even walk. I know it's an experience and no one here thinks they would just walk away, but to not risk more damage and help the team? Probably the right move.

I really think he was picked as a sleeper and to big an attitude

seems to have worked for the show so far, guess who we are all talking about........kind of what they wanted

A sleeper indeed... and what happened to his "Barney Miller grip" in his audition video???

post-15030-066086800 1298554784_thumb.jp

Jermaine said in the post interview that when he hit the "friend" target he stopped. Also, I don't think either of them went fast enough. You have 34 rounds (assuming they're loaded to max) in 30 seconds, with approx. half that time with the doors closed. You would think they would wing some downrange in that short amount of time. ALso, with no "Friend" targets this would have been good with the Tommy Gun from last week.

I'm pretty sure those were 10 round magazines, it being California and all.