Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Season 2 - Episode 3

BritinUSA

I dont know if this is the best thread to post this but I am very intrigued by watching the high speed video of the pistols being shot.

For instance I was always told and was under the understanding that the recoil of the weapon happens before(or at least the unlocking of the breach) the bullet leaves the barrel. I was told that this is the reason a heavier bullet with a slower velocity impacts higher on a target. I was told the the rising of the barrel causes the impact to be at a slightly higher angle.

Looking at the video of the glock (with history channels awesome cameras) this does not necessarly seem to be the case. I was wondering if any of you who have this tivoed would mind rewatching the end and telling me what you saw(I watch it on hulu so the resolution is not as good and there is no slow-mo).

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erik, for some reason I don't think you've ever torn both of your hamstrings, have you?

No, but a close friend of mine did and he was down and out.....it crippled him. I can't say I know how bad it is because it's never happened to me, but I've seen the effects on close friends. Did NOT look fun.

Of course my first comment was just a joke anyway. I'd probably take myself out of the comp for it too.

Wow, that is pretty sweet slow mo.

Did you do that or find that online somewhere?

If you did, can you do another one with a .500 S&W? I'm really curious to see that in a side by side :P

Nah, I just searched in on youtube.

Like so....

THAT is why you keep your thumb and all other fingers behind the plane of the front of the cylinder! :surprise: Pretty cool...I've seen some really neat high speed stuff on Youtube. The bullet impact one is pretty cool.

Wow, that is pretty sweet slow mo.

Did you do that or find that online somewhere?

If you did, can you do another one with a .500 S&W? I'm really curious to see that in a side by side :P

Nah, I just searched in on youtube.

Like so....

Whoa. There must have been only one round loaded in that cylinder, otherwise it looks like the shooter was going to accidentally "revolver bump fire" it.