Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com/ Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Championship

Chills,

If God came down and explained it to you it wouldn't be enough.

No less than six people, including the match director and the range master have attempted to explain it to you and you still don't understand. Nothing I, Jeff, Kurt or anyone else says will be sufficient.

Why don't you pick one or the other, shoot it and if you made a mistake, shoot the other division next year. This is of course if you get in the match. If registration is anything like Benning over 1,000 people will be hitting an execute key within .015 seconds on the 15th.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The AM division is really for folks that have not been competing in the big matches before, if you've been shooting state and larger matches your place is probably in the Pro's

jc

Sounds like the horse's mouth to me... which is one of the nicer parts of a horse Jeff's been called. :devil:

Somewhat seriously, I think a few people are getting waaaay to wrapped around the axle about the whole pro/am thing. Just pick a division and shoot. If you shoot Am and win, unless it was your first 3-gun match, you're going to get hazed... plain and simple. I consistently get my butt handed to me in the few major matches I make it to, but if I were to shoot and somehow miraculously win the AM match, I would fully expect to be ridiculed mercilessly (but good-naturedly) and wear the "sandbagger" label for life. I've agreed to RO, and intend to shoot the Pro match, mainly because Jeff said I could shoot either one and it means I get to shoot more. :cheers:

DanO

And I've been shooting 3 Gun since 1984.

Unless you ant to count Vietnam which would make it 1966.

This is quite possibly the finest thing I've ever seen in print.

Thank you for your service.

+1 Thank you, sir.

Craig

scout454 wrote:

Chills If God came down and explained it to you it wouldn't be enough No less than six people, including the match director and the range master have attempted to explain it to you and you still don' understand. Nothing I, Jeff, Kurt or anyone else says will be sufficient....

I am just asking several simple questions. I do not understand the tone of your post.

And you still haven't answered my question about where you fit in the food chain of things.

It would also make it easier for me to meet you in person, shake your hand, and say thank you for your service. The first round is on me.

I went just now to the match website to look for clarification on Pro vs. Am thing.

I didn't see anything.

Yes, I have seen benelli2's posts.

I'm sorry call me retentive...but I don't know what benelli2 has been posting to the AR15.com forum.

Is what he writes there is as official as what he writes here?

I mean should I be checking the AR15.com thread too?

Are AR15.com'ers coming here to check out this thread?

I would just like a one stop offical (in black and white) on the official website clarification.

My bosses at work are pressuring me for my vacation time dates, and I am thinking I can't keep putting them off until Feb 15th, when the online registration becomes active.

as it stands now, I would technically qualify as an amateur as per benelli2's criteria.

I don't want anyone crying foul or "sandbagger!" come next August.

And unfortunately this will be like Ft Benning on registration, plan is (emphasis on plan) to have an online registration on Feb 15 where everyone clicks the mouse and tries to get in.

Jeff why not just use a registration method that does not start out with an apology? It is your match and you can use what you want but why not just take written registrations and take them in order of receipt or take written registrations and throw them in a basket and draw them out at random? Neither method is less fair than the the internet instant method and neither of these methods require someone to spend hours eliminating duplicates. Having said that you know me and I am going to jump through what ever hoop necessary to get in the match.

One question. If you use the Benning method, will we be able to register a friend for the match?

think am would be good. I hear the match will be great no matter what division you shot, and as jeff so nicely posted I get my own clinic. Jeff I am going to charge $500 a head.

Edited by FB3GDQ

I'd rather hear what constitutes a Pro or an Am straight from the horse's mouth, and/or have it posted to their website.

to do otherwise, is to subject oneself to conjecture/speculation and somebody else's preconceived notions.

show me something in black and white, please.

Ok in black and white if this decision is hard you should shoot am.

:roflol:

We are trying to introduce our beloved sport to novices, then expose them to the WHOLE thing. That includes the divisions, whether we all shoot them or not. We don't limit new USPSA shooters to production division in handgun. We are looking at what might be the great mainstreaming of 3gun to the mass shooting public in this match. Shame most will only see 1/5 of what we do.

You know you could just call the AM division "Trooper Class" and be done with it :devil:

Dude, have you been to Rockcastle? Having a trooper class on that property where they all carry their packs and walk for a day would be about the same as an extendd patrol in the Afganistan Mountains.

To schlep 3 guns and related gear over the expanse of Rockcastle for 3 days in August would definitely present some physical challenges for all but the hardiest competitors.

Maybe save that match for November or December...

Mike, to do Trooper at Rockcastle you and I would have to start now and finish by about November.

DanO

I hear you Dano, but that may be too optomistic. I should have left before Christmas (with damn snowshoes)

OTOH Rockcastle may have the real estate and expertise to host something like ITRC here in the southeast. Wouldn't that be cool. Unless it was in the summer, then it wouldn't be cool.