Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com/ Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Championship

Trapr and I have often thought of a big match with 300 slots, 150 of which would be T.O. 50 Open, 50 T. 1X, and 50 H.M. When one division is full you can pick any of the 3 other or not shoot. It would be interesting to see. It may only be a one time deal as shooters might not like it, OR it might be the next Bread Slicer....you never know. :devil:

This is a good idea - would be interesting to see the choices people make, and would probably be a lot easier for the staff to set up a more equitable prize table among the different divisions.

I like that A LOT! Like you said though Kurt your not going to please everybody. I'm not as serious into 3 gun as I'm pistol but I do like shooting it and the price is right as well as the drive time so I'll be there regardless. Just say what divisions its going to be....unless you just did....and lets role! :cheers:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There won't be any PRO TAC/IRON division. I still feel that the whole thing should have ben Tac only. By the time you split off the guys who Don't want to get beat by ____ in open again, or the guy who just can't stand facing off against _____ in Heavy Metal....etc,and put them in AM, you end up putting on a match in the smaller divisions of 6-8 guys tops.

Now the AM side is where there should be divisions and those should be Tac Non Magnified, and Tac. so folks CAN compare.

I guarantee that when you put on a major match you will NEVER please everyone, but at the same time you have to ask why are we even bothering to take the extra effort in scoring/prize distribution for 6 guys out of 300.

Trapr and I have often thought of a big match with 300 slots, 150 of which would be T.O. 50 Open, 50 T. 1X, and 50 H.M. When one division is full you can pick any of the 3 other or not shoot. It would be interesting to see. It may only be a one time deal as shooters might not like it, OR it might be the next Bread Slicer....you never know. :devil:

I am with you Kurt!

Patrick

It does seem to make the most sense for a ProAm match.

Edited by ap3

Great discussion guys, lots of new ideas, ya'll feel free to give them a try, for this year we are going to try open and Tac in Pro and Tac in Am, many other things to work out and get done. Luckily I actually practiced pistol this weekend, first time since Benning, my bimonthly practice.

And in response to one post, there is no ruling to force anyone into Pro or Am it will be shooters choice, but there are limited slots to each side of the match unfortunately, we have to maintain the proper balance for the match timetable to work

thanks all

Jeff

Great discussion guys, lots of new ideas, ya'll feel free to give them a try, for this year we are going to try open and Tac in Pro and Tac in Am, many other things to work out and get done. Luckily I actually practiced pistol this weekend, first time since Benning, my bimonthly practice.

And in response to one post, there is no ruling to force anyone into Pro or Am it will be shooters choice, but there are limited slots to each side of the match unfortunately, we have to maintain the proper balance for the match timetable to work

thanks all

Jeff

I think what some us us average but regular participants are looking for is a sense of direction as to where we should sign up Pro or AM. Your suggestions as to a guideline is appreciated, especially given the desire to bring a lot of new 3gun competitiors into the game through the AM division. I am not even close to being a PRO(except at telling bad jokes), but I would be happy to sign up as such if it will support the goal of the match.

considering recent news/events...just let me get this straight...

if you consider yourself an amateur and you have a Saiga 12 shotgun, if you want to shoot it at Rockcastle, you will have to sign up in the Pro category in order to shoot Open division???

all the amateurs get to be experts at shucking in shells in by hand???

Three cheers for all us sandbaggin' B class shooters!

My name is Bryan, and I am a B class shooter.

Are you the same AM that won his division in Ozark?????

I never said I was an AM, and I'm certainly not claiming to be a Pro! :)

I'm all thumbs with a pistol, and it looks like I've only shot a total of 5 classifiers in the last 2 years. Which is probably why I'm still a B.

Edited by Bryan 45

What made me decide to shoot on the pro side is the method of prize distribution, and the promise of a bit more challenging stages.

I'm not even a sandbagging B class, much less a pro but I prefer order of finish ove random draw.

I never said I was an AM, and but I'm certainly not claiming to be a Pro! :)

I'm all thumbs with a pistol, and it looks like I've only shot a total of 5 classifiers in the last 2 years. Which is probably why I'm still a B.

My problem as well. i am a B class and only shot two classifiers last year.

I would say if you are an A class or better USPSA shooter you're a Pro. If you are a sandbagging B class shooter like me you should also shoot Ppro.

Whoo! I made the cut!

Now if only I could start shooting like a pro... :lol:

And there lies the problem with using USPSA classification as a judge. I'm a solid Master, most of the time, but when it comes to 3 gun I get my butt handed to me by a B class USPSA shooter because all they shoot is 3 gun. There is nothing wrong with just don't use USPSA classifications and say B vs B class when the people are on to totally different levels.

And there lies the problem with using USPSA classification as a judge. I'm a solid Master, most of the time, but when it comes to 3 gun I get my butt handed to me by a B class USPSA shooter because all they shoot is 3 gun. There is nothing wrong with just don't use USPSA classifications and say B vs B class when the people are on to totally different levels.

Exactly. 3 gun is a whole different animal than pistol only.

It's a guideline guys. If you are a M class pistol guy you can be an M class 3 gun guy in a year with the same practice routine on the long guns. Clint Upchurch showed everybody that last year.

How about saying you should shoot Pro if you have shot in 3 or more majors and finished in the upper 50% in them all or if you have shot 6 or more local matches and you finish top 10-15% in those matches.

It's not like a new group of pro shooters is coming out of the woodwork for this match. There will be the same guys that are at the other major matches except at this match there will just be less divisions for them to hide out in.

Edited by jtischauser

Yeah, if we dedicate the time, money, to it. I don't have the time or the money to do both. 95% of the time though the 3 gunners are way under classed because they don't have the time/money to do both so they do mostly 3 gun and a few uspsa matches and get classified by default.

Let me edit to add. Its not that they are sandbagging, well most of them, its just that they don't shoot enough pistol to get classified. Even then your only getting classified in one of the tools of your trade. Its not a big deal as I just look at order of finish anyway.

Edited by steel1212

I don't shoot pistol matches very much and I am classified as a "B" shooter. I am going to shoot Pro only because there will be more stages and they should be a good challenge.

I will be working on my pistol skills more this year because that is my weak gun of the three. Accuracy is fine, just need to learn to pick up the pace.

How about saying you should shoot Pro if you have shot in 3 or more majors and finished in the upper 50% in them all or if you have shot 6 or more local matches and you finish top 10-15% in those matches.

That would certainly be a forumla to increase the pool of PRO shooters and hence allow for a higher prize money payout.....

I never said I was an AM, and but I'm certainly not claiming to be a Pro! :)

Chad, B doesn't stand for Beer class.

So with all the interest on the AM side here and ARF, how many slots will be availible? Will it be like a Benning signup with everybody's finger on the mouse at midnight? Kinda seems like there might be quite a few dissapointed am's that won't get to play or am I way off base? Signed a verifiable 1 major 3Ggun match shooter and a lowly B limited.

DaG