Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com/ Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Championship

Enough speculation it is now official, there will be a new 3 Gun event at Rockcastle Shooting Center Aug 26- 28, 2011 sponsored by AR15.com/ Rockcastle and Brownells. This event is being planned to be all about the shooters and having a great time.

I will be match director and Mr. Weakhand Kurt Miller has agreed to assist me by being the Range Master, assisted by the great Rockcastle staff, a bunch of friends and industry support we intend to make this the best possible match for everyone lucky enough to get in.

In order to increase the participation we have developed a plan to have a Pro Am match and run the two divisions, professional and ametuer at the same time with combined social and side events similiar to what is done at major golf and other events. This will take 3 gun to the next level allow 500+ competitors making the largest 3 gun event in history.

There will be a ProAM Charity Cup event combining teams with a shooter from Pro and Am sides to see who's team comes out on top to raise money and support a charity and see who has bragging rights for the year. It will be a great time just seeing how all the team building happens and who gets teamed up with the shooting super stars and celebrities.

Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun side match events will be occuring throughout the weekend to allow head to head competition between all competitors with cash paybacks. Sponsor firearms will be available for use in winning the cash.

Stages will be designed by well known 3 gun competitors to allow challanging, fun and achievable stages. The stages for each division will be similiar but not exact. Pro Division will be shooting heads up for prizes in order of finish while Am Division will be competing for trophy, recognition and a randomn draw prize table (at a reduced entry fee compared to Pro division).

As the largest 3 gun gathering ever, we are working to develop the richest prize table and provide the greatest shooter value possible. We are also planning on several selected instructors to provide training classes a couple days prior and after the match to allow combining a training class with the competition.

Website and details will be coming out as quickly as possible, online registration is expected to be around Feb 14, 2011

We are working arrangements with local hotels and those details will be provided as soon as available

Please remember to support the Sponsors that support our events and your shooting needs. Be patient and plan on spending some time in beautiful Kentucky in August with us.

thanks

Jeff :cheers:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a great time, I really like the idea of building other activities around the 3 gun match.

I know it may be a little early to start asking questions, but what determines Pro vs. Amateur? And do I need to start petitioning Jerry M. to be his amateur?

There is no official limitations to entering either catagory, just depends if you want to shoot for a lesser entry fee and a randomn draw prize table or go head to head in the big event :sight: , also there will be a limited amount of slots in each event so we are hoping folks enter the event they are best suited, but it's a free country. The goal is to allow greater participation and include more of the folks from waiting list and more newer competitors that are always a little hesitant to enter other 3 gun events. This event should allow accomodating all the regular 3 gun competitors and hundreds of newer folks wanting to give it a try, and allow a lot of interaction between experienced and newer participants. with everyones support I think we can make this an enormous milestone in 3 gun and shooting for future growth :cheers:

jc

There is no official limitations to entering either catagory, just depends if you want to shoot for a lesser entry fee and a random draw prize table or go head to head in the big event :sight: , also there will be a limited amount of slots in each event so we are hoping folks enter the event they are best suited, but it's a free country. The goal is to allow greater participation and include more of the folks from waiting list and more newer competitors that are always a little hesitant to enter other 3 gun events. This event should allow accommodating all the regular 3 gun competitors and hundreds of newer folks wanting to give it a try, and allow a lot of interaction between experienced and newer participants. with everyones support I think we can make this an enormous milestone in 3 gun and shooting for future growth :cheers:

jc

Jeff I have always thought you were a brilliant SOB so now let me say it. You are a brilliant SOB! I can't wait for this match. Now I just need to decide if I am a Pro or an Amateur. Wait who am I kidding here. I know exactly what I am.

Just for a little food for thought the entry fee for Pro will be $250 and Am side is $125

thanks for the compiments I think, I can't believe I got myself into this, again

For those of you that shot my old Shotgun matches you may see a similiar stage to the helicopter come back if I can make the timing work

Now I just need a good pilot for the truck, maybe the same guy is available :devil:

jc

Once all the final details are worked out we will do an online registration similiar to what Linda Chico has done for Ft Benning 3 gun for the last few years, anticipate this will be mid Feb, far enough in advance so everyone can make plans once they know they are in.

Squadding schedule has you shoot one hour then off for an hour to allow shooting side match, getting to next stage to watch, checking out vendors, etc

Shooting times will begin at 8am and finish shooting at 5, pending no weather delays, we have plenty of daylight in reserve for issues and plenty of time for socializing afterwards and checking out sponsors and each others gear (and maybe having a pint with an old friend or new)

We are working to have dinner/ pig pull type events for all to engage in in the evenings

I plan on it running smooth enough that I can bring a hammock and just hang around

jc

Count me in!

Let me make sure I understand this correctly.

Pro means you shoot against each other for prize pick.

Amateur means you shoot against each other for trophies and raffle for prize pick.

That's pretty much it, Pro will go to the prize table in order of finish, AM will get trophy(recognition of some nature) for winners and will go to the prize table in a randomn draw order to pick their prize

Each division will have seperate prize tables based on the number of entries in the division, so not picking off the same table, but great prizes on both

Count me in! This sounds like an incredible idea! I really wanted to make it to one more major 3-gun match in 2011, this makes the choice pretty easy. I know there's probably going to be a million "helpful suggestions" about scoring, rules, divisions, etc, but I can't help thinking that a match this big, with this much attraction for newer shooters, would be a perfect test-drive for a prototype "Production" division... :devil:

DanO

(flame suit on)

I can't help thinking that a match this big, with this much attraction for newer shooters, would be a perfect test-drive for a prototype "Production" division... :devil:

DanO

(flame suit on)

Everyone has opinions and mine usually stink- but I think this would be a good format to consider a heads-up format. No divisions, no restrictions, plasma rifles allowed, lets just shoot.

You're absolutely right, you can't push 500 through the same stages in a weekends time. There in lies the Pro Am nature, the Pro's will shoot one set of stages and the AM's will shoot a similiar but seperate set of stages. Essentially 2 matches running at the same time being scored seperate and having seperate prize tables, so that you compete against only those in that division(Pro or Am). However everything else is fully mixed, side matches, dinners, finalle shoot off. Only able to do this at a facility as large as Rockcastle and with lots of help from experienced RO's. Goal was to allow more people into the event and have a great social event with new and return competitors, gaining exposure to the sport and the sponsors that support it.

We are aiming to have fun and shoot lots of bullets

My wife is going to want some payback if I ask to go to this match too. I better pick up a few more Christmas presents.

Let's see.....hmmmmmm.......AFRCOM match.......how 'bout some Zombie targets in the cave!

Edited by DMAC