Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com/ Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Championship

I understand JC Penney's has boys pants half off that weekend so that will take out Chaarles Bond and maybe others

Just like Sam Colt made guns to make men equal, Henry Ford made trucks so I do not have to Troop......anyone who troops at Rockcastle would be my personal hero and I will buy them a new pair of pants. Email me to sign up. :closedeyes:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys sound like a bunch of freakin' pistol shooters, WWWwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! :roflol:

If you're not sure if you are a Pro. then you probably should be in Am, If you can't regularly break into the top 10% at a large major match then you should probably be in Am, If you sign up in Am, and do win, we will congratulate you and welcome you to Pro next year.

this isn't rocket science, who is it you're afraid of offending???? that you haven't already offended on this forum??????

Trapr

If registration is anything like Benning over 1,000 people will be hitting an execute key within .015 seconds on the 15th.

And I'm going to be out of the country on the 15th :angry2: ....wonder how fast the internet works south of the border ?

you guys sound like a bunch of freakin' pistol shooters, WWWwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! :roflol:

If you're not sure if you are a Pro. then you probably should be in Am, If you can't regularly break into the top 10% at a large major match then you should probably be in Am, If you sign up in Am, and do win, we will congratulate you and welcome you to Pro next year.

this isn't rocket science, who is it you're afraid of offending???? that you haven't already offended on this forum??????

Trapr

Good point! What major matches are you talking about though 3 gun or pistol?

we're talking about a 3 gun match right, pistol matches do not compare!!!

If you feel they do then by all means sign up for Pro.

Jesse, top 10% in HM would be the first place, but I also shoot more than one division at times. So I'll be signing up in Pro provided I'm allowed to shoot the match, I'm staff!!!!

Trapr

Jesse, top 10% in HM would be the first place, but I also shoot more than one division at times. So I'll be signing up in Pro provided I'm allowed to shoot the match, I'm staff!!!!

Trapr

Jesse and Trapr, I heard if you sign up for PRO you get your own personal bottle of Makers Mark :cheers: for the fact that you totally "maned up" for the match.

Trapr

See I think that is a lot of the confusion as we keep hearing if you shot a major then sign up for pro. There is a lot of us out there that only shoot pistol but want a taste of what a big 3 gun match will be and wanted to shoot this but we keep getting told we need to shoot Pro. I'm not scared of anybody, hell I don't care if I come in last place, its not my arena so I'm just shooting it to have a good time.

or the snow and subfreezing temps, or the fact that I'll be required to shoot one of those tubey,glassey,mounted things if I want to do well, or that I'll probably try and shuck the forend of my Benelli auto thinking that its my Nova.

I don't recall anyone "telling" anyone that they couldn't sign up where ever they wanted???? If they did, it was probably a suggestion, just like my post was, I intend to shoot pro because I prefer to select my own prize, and I feel that is the division I should shoot in, some may disagree. I do recall Jeff saying something similar to that and I do not want to have to go back and reread all the posts, but I felt his comment to mean that if you had shot a "major" then you probably have a lot of experience with 3 gun, but to me that doesn't mean you are a Pro shooter, simply someone with more experience than others.

I could be completely wrong and could be stepping on toes that I shouldn't. perhaps if you looked at it as Experienced/InExperienced then you might decide that you shouldbe in the Pro division.

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

or the snow and subfreezing temps, or the fact that I'll be required to shoot one of those tubey,glassey,mounted things if I want to do well, or that I'll probably try and shuck the forend of my Benelli auto thinking that its my Nova.

I don't recall anyone "telling" anyone that they couldn't sign up where ever they wanted???? If they did, it was probably a suggestion, just like my post was, I intend to shoot pro because I prefer to select my own prize, and I feel that is the division I should shoot in, some may disagree.

Trapr

I'm going to shoot pro, if I get in, and see how I like the "real" deal 3 gun, long-er range, 2.5 days of fun. I"ll be shooting HM until the KY state 3 gun match then I'll be doing the same as you and switching over to TO afterwards, granted I won't be like you just the gear :roflol:. Some have suggested B class or higher should shoot pro. Some have suggested if you have shot a major match shoot pro, some have suggested if you have shot a major 3 gun match shoot pro. Just a little muddy for us not-3-gun-shooters.

Given the Benning-type signup system, there's a good chance there will be a lot of disappointed wannabe PRO shooters out there. I figure the PRO side of the match will fill fast (maybe not in .3 seconds like Benning, but still pretty damn quick). Personally and for very selfish reasons, I hope everyone teetering back and forth between AM and PRO decides to sign up for AM. I may be wrong, but my guess is that AM won't fill nearly as quickly as PRO. I'd be willing to bet that MOST of the same shooters who shoot Benning and other major matches will really want to shoot this new match - especially given the reputation of the guy who's running it and the obvious sponsor support getting thrown at it.

Most AM Shooters are not conditioned to the Benning-type signup and the excessive anal-retentiveness it takes to successfully click the mouse a fraction of a second after the signup time begins, without clicking too early. If you're on the fence and just want to maximize your chance of shooting the match, AM might be the safer option.

Or my thinking could be totally screwed up - wouldn't be the first time. :cheers:

Either way, I've already got a room reserved at Rock Castle and I really hope to get into the match on the PRO side.

Hell I just hope to get a slot. Did Benning really sell out in .3 second? Free Makers? Pro it is. I too, have to buy one of those tubey things with knobs on it.

I have two cabins reserved just in case.

Edited by want2race

I figure the PRO side of the match will fill fast (maybe not in .3 seconds like Benning,

I had my best finish of the season in the Ft. Benning sign up match. 3rd overall! I'm taking applications for my application partner now. Starting bid is your jug of Makers Mark.

Edited by jtischauser

I figure the PRO side of the match will fill fast (maybe not in .3 seconds like Benning,

I had my best finish of the season in the Ft. Benning sign up match. 3rd overall! I'm taking applications for my application partner now. Starting bid is your jug of Makers Mark.

If you can get me into the match, you're on! Linda told me all about your MANY practice runs leading up to the FB3G registration :roflol: Guess in this case, practice pays off.

How are you healing, brother? When's your first (next) big match?

If you can get me into the match, you're on! Linda told me all about your MANY practice runs leading up to the FB3G registration :roflol: Guess in this case, practice pays off.

Linda! That was our secret;)

I'm gonna do the "Run Forest" thing when I break out of my leg braces at the Midwest 3 gun. I sure do miss the rascal though. Chicks loved that thing!

Edited by jtischauser

I stumbled across a thread in another forum...where shall we say, help was requested :surprise:

What??? Back to the Pro-Am division thing again? And here I thought we were done whining about that and were whining about something entirely different.

I finished this for you. Mike Professional whiner. :ph34r:

Yea well, not about the ticks though. I plan to eat so much garlic, hot peppers and fresh habenero salsa in the weeks leading up to this match that when I step on the property the ticks will think they are being invaded by Chinese pirates. They'll all head for you, Mr. Darby, and FB3GDQ.

FB3GDQ is a magnet for those little buggers so no way am I squadded or rooming with him .....and thinking about it I am not getting a lift on his Off Road Utility thing again....

Driving with him aged me 10 years at the Pan Ams !! :roflol: