Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com/ Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Championship

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FB3GDQ is a magnet for those little buggers so no way am I squadded or rooming with him .....and thinking about it I am not getting a lift on his Off Road Utility thing again....

Driving with him aged me 10 years at the Pan Ams !! :roflol:

I'll bring bourbon.

Mikey,

You can room with me and I promise I won't be angry. I will be cuddle bear for you.

I have just thrown up a little in my mouth..... :sick:

This is gonna be great fun, but as I like my beauty sleep and shoot better after lots of rest .... I dont think I should shoot in the AM catagory but will shoot the PM catagory who presumably start shooting just after midday.

Edited by mike.45

Just looked at the list of Pro's giving their time for the clinics. WOW!! How do you pick just one from that group!?!? I shoot lefty rifle/shotgun and righty pistol if any of you Pro's wanna use me as a trainig aid. :D Slinging a left rifle and drawing a right pistol is a challenge (for me anyway)

DaG

Mikey,

You can room with me and I promise I won't be angry. I will be cuddle bear for you.

I have just thrown up a little in my mouth..... :sick:

This is gonna be great fun, but as I like my beauty sleep and shoot better after lots of rest .... I dont think I should shoot in the AM catagory but will shoot the PM catagory who presumably start shooting just after midday.

Hey budy the only tea time around here is for golf. Dang limies want everything their way.

There is a "practice sign-in" available at http://www.lchico5u.com/ar15.html

I encourage you to use the form on that page to get a better idea of what will be required to "sign in" for the match.

You may continue to practice until 8 PM Eastern time (7 PM Central, 6 PM Mountain, 5 PM Pacific) on February 15. At that time all the practice entries will be deleted, and the system will be re-set so that you are not able to sign in until 9:30 PM Eastern time (8:30 PM Central, 7:30 PM Mountain, 6:30 PM Pacific) on February 15.

If you are unable to personally sign in at 9:30 PM Eastern time on February 15, literally anyone with an internet connection can sign in for you. Whoever you designate to sign in for you should have your information that is required on the practice screen. Have them use the practice screen so that they see what they need to do.

There is no need to continue once you see a message:

"Added entry for John Smith with confirmation number 15788849.03 -- You will receive a Registration Code by email within 24 hours."

Only the first entry will count. If you have more than one person trying to sign you into the match, be sure they know that there is no point to repeat entries after they see a message similar to the one above.

Please note that filling in the screen is NOT a speed event. Errors in the email address or phone number may make it impossible to reach you. Please make sure the contact information is correct. On February 15th, get to the webpage a few minutes early, so that you can fill in the information correctly, and only need to click on the "submit" button once the time is correct.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2011 AR15.com/Rockcastle 3 Gun Statistician

803-629-7095

Linda:

We have always been able to register a shooting buddy for the Ft Benning match. Given the distance that many 3 gun shooters travel to shoot these matches this is rather important. I will be hauling gear 9 hours and that is a walk in the park compared to the distance other shooters will be traveling so it is quite understandable that for many shooters, having a travel buddy to share the ride and gas and hotel is rather important. Is there a reason we can not register our travel companion when we register?

Charles, go back and read Linda's post:

"If you are unable to personally sign in at 9:30 PM Eastern time on February 15, literally anyone with an internet connection can sign in for you. Whoever you designate to sign in for you should have your information that is required on the practice screen. Have them use the practice screen so that they see what they need to do. "

At no point does she say that you can't submit for you and a buddy or two.

"If you are unable to personally sign in at 9:30 PM Eastern time on February 15, literally anyone with an internet connection can sign in for you. Whoever you designate to sign in for you should have your information that is required on the practice screen. Have them use the practice screen so that they see what they need to do. "

I think what Charles is saying is there is only room for one shooter per online application so no way to guarantee both you and your travel partner are in or out.

I think what Charles is saying is there is only room for one shooter per online application so no way to guarantee both you and your travel partner are in or out.

Thanks Brian and that is exactly what I intended. Getting myself into the match and then typing in my travel partner sort of violates the all for one and one for all lesson I learned from the Three Musketeers. One of us being in and one being out might mean we are both out.

You don't have to have just one instance of that website on your screen. You can bring up two (or more), fill them out, and hit the submit button on each when the time comes.

SignIn1.jpg

For the real gamer...you can stack your windows to get the Submit buttons closer...

SignIn2.jpg

Just make sure you click on the one on top first because once you click on the bottom one it will obscure the top, but that's why you have time to practice. :)

You don't have to have just one instance of that website on your screen. You can bring up two (or more), fill them out, and hit the submit button on each when the time comes.

SignIn1.jpg

For the real gamer...you can stack your windows to get the Submit buttons closer...

SignIn2.jpg

Just make sure you click on the one on top first because once you click on the bottom one it will obscure the top, but that's why you have time to practice. :)

Maybe that works for the pro shooters......but Benning filled in less than a second. What is your best time so far for getting both submitted.

I still maintain that if we are going to have to use this registration method, we should be allowed to register a buddy just like what has worked for Benning. If there is a reason not to do it that way, I would like to know why we should do it differently here.

Charles, Linda listed a phone number. Why not just call and ask her?

Actually this is likely set up as the match producers intended since Linda is only doing registration and stats. My inquiry was not directed at her on intended to be critical of what anyone is doing. I really do not have a great deal of heartburn either way but I do think it is beneficial to know that the person you are traveling with is in the match with you before register.

Charles,

Other than RO's and shooters sponsored by match contibutors no one will know who is in until after registration. Yes you have to use this system and no it has not worked easily on the behind the scenes for the Ft Benning matches, so sorry if you don't like it but it is the system that will be used and I wish both you and your traveling partner good luck, as you will have the same opportunity as everyone else who wants to get in. It's always easiier from the outside to say how to run a match. Having been on the shooter side and the match administration for more than a couple matches I certainly understand both sides of the coin.

Less than a week til registration, best of luck to all

jeff

A-6533