Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com/ Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Championship

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I posted before we are organizing some PRO clinics for the match to try to aid some of the AM's and newer shooters, these will happen on Friday afternoon/ evening, I have a tentative list of PRO's who are checking the schedule to see if they can support. Mr. Pat Kelley is one of our confirmed guest, along with Mr Weakhand as soon as the other schedules are confirmed I will be announcing, the rest of the cadre.

This is a generous effort from some of the best in our sport to share, promote and pass on some of thier knowledge and lessons learned on gear, techniques and mistakes. I hope the rest of the schedules get confirmed soon so I can tell you the rest of the field that will be there.

jeff

As I posted before we are organizing some PRO clinics for the match to try to aid some of the AM's and newer shooters, these will happen on Friday afternoon/ evening, I have a tentative list of PRO's who are checking the schedule to see if they can support. Mr. Pat Kelley is one of our confirmed guest, along with Mr Weakhand as soon as the other schedules are confirmed I will be announcing, the rest of the cadre.

This is a generous effort from some of the best in our sport to share, promote and pass on some of thier knowledge and lessons learned on gear, techniques and mistakes. I hope the rest of the schedules get confirmed soon so I can tell you the rest of the field that will be there.

jeff

Well since you haven't called to ask me to give out my glorious 3 gun adivce. :roflol:

I guess I will be signing up to take Pat Kelly's classes.

Edited by jtischauser

jeff

Well since you haven't called to ask me to give out my glorious 3 gun adivce. :roflol:

But Jesse, your a PRO! Shouldn't you be teaching a class?

jeff

But Jesse, your a PRO! Shouldn't you be teaching a class?

Not sure how much interest there would be in a hover-round class. . . :surprise:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

just my two cents....since this is sponsored by AR15.com...

I am not on that forum myself; it does NOT like my yahoo.com email account when I go to register...

but I am on other forums where there is definitely a rift between the tactibilly's/mall ninja's and us gamers....

the mall ninja crowd seems to be overly preoccupied with one power red dot sights like the Aimpoints and the EOTECHs, and they do like to poo-poo on iron sights (and iron sight shooters)....

so I would like to see a Limited or Irons division where the RDS guys can shoot head to head against iron sighted shooters... in the hopes of finally, putting that seed spitting contest to rest, finally.

like I said it was just my two cents...

if it is just one division and it's "run whatchya brung as long as it's not open" that would still be fine with me as long as there was some sort of combination results/equipment survey posted to the web.

sorry..I don't mean to interject my own personal biases or peeves into this thread, but it bugs me to no end to read/see/hear the Gecko45's of the world tout EOTECH's and Aimpoint's as being the best thing since sliced bread when they themselves have never competed and have never seen firsthand what a skilled iron sighted shooter can do.

I would just like a "one stop shopping" website of match results of iron sights vs. red dots to direct a "tactiblly" to when he brags on his EOTECH/Aimpoint and poo-poo's on iron sights.

Chills I'm with you Bro. I like to compare my scores to those in other divisions. Even though it usually hurts I still do it.

I like the idea Jeff. Like old school drag racing, run what ya brung and hope ya brung enough.

Mall ninja's, the "sniper" crowd, I am beginning to think as a 3gunners we are not loved. :surprise:

I beleive we should have a "I-take-myself-too-serious, Dressed in black" ,Own all tactical gear,Red dot laser pointing rifle,Knife carrying with flashlight hanging" class or more simply called I. D.O.R.K. :D

Edited by ap3

How about a stage where we get to stab something! Come to think about it, after watching Top Shot on the History Channel, how about a knife or tomohawk throw worked into a stage. Seriously....just something different to lighten up the crowd a little bit. I can already sense some of the tension from the different camps. Remember, this is supposed to fun. Last time I checked, I haven't seen any seven figure contracts for 3 Gun Competitors.

This is in no way meant to reflect any opinions or judgements about previous posts either, so please don't take this the wrong way.

I'll leave it up to those in charge about how to categorize/organize/lable/divide us for the match. I JUST WANT TO SHOOT..........AND SHOOT A LOT!

Now let's get that website up and running and start taking money and names!

Let's get it on!!

BTW, I will have "Mall Ninja", "Tacticool" and "Internet Commando" T-shirts available for sale at the match or you can PM me for pre-order.

Edited by DMAC

I don't give a crap how much stuff another shooter has on their rifle, nor how they carry mags, or what kind of holster or optic they run, as long as I don't have to run/carry it. Equipment choice dictates the division I shoot in same as everyone else.

Why be hating on people because of their opinons about equipment choice. Hell, I want ALL OF THEM to come to the matches. Most people who stick with it (competition) will modify their equipment/kit all along anyhow.

Cut your shooting neighbor some slack, 3-gun isn't such an exclusive endeavor.

I don't give a crap how much stuff another shooter has on their rifle, nor how they carry mags, or what kind of holster or optic they run, as long as I don't have to run/carry it. Equipment choice dictates the division I shoot in same as everyone else.

Why be hating on people because of their opinons about equipment choice. Hell, I want ALL OF THEM to come to the matches. Most people who stick with it (competition) will modify their equipment/kit all along anyhow.

Cut your shooting neighbor some slack, 3-gun isn't such an exclusive endeavor.

Sorry about that I wasn't trying to hate on anybody, just adding a little amusement to the whole mall ninja concept. Your right, the more the merrier!

P.S. Save me one of those Tacticool shirts.

Edited by ap3

Well guys, don't worry about what anyone else is running, just come shoot and have a great time.

Let's see where to start, SHOT show was great lots of interest and sponsors, obviously AR15.com (

),and Brownell's (good meetings with both) now also have Warne, MGM, Vortex, Hornady, Triangle Shooting Sports, Nordic, Bushnell, Blackhawk just got word from Bushmaster that they were in too, many more I have to get posted up, many on the website already, lots more coming. Had good meetings and looks like Linda will have online registration ready for Feb 15 registration.

Website is http://rockcastle3-gunproam.com/ if someone knows how to hyperlink (please)

Sighting In will be doing a segment on the match as well

More to follow

jeff

Well guys, don't worry about what anyone else is running, just come shoot and have a great time.

Let's see where to start, SHOT show was great lots of interest and sponsors, obviously AR15.com (

),and Brownell's (good meetings with both) now also have Warne, MGM, Vortex, Hornady, Triangle Shooting Sports, Nordic, Bushnell, Blackhawk just got word from Bushmaster that they were in too, many more I have to get posted up, many on the website already, lots more coming. Had good meetings and looks like Linda will have online registration ready for Feb 15 registration.

Website is http://rockcastle3-gunproam.com/ if someone knows how to hyperlink (please)

Sighting In will be doing a segment on the match as well

More to follow

jeff

Great news! I saw the video done the day before SHOT on ARFCOM. Great idea to promote the event! I'm glad Triangle Shooting Sports is sponsoring this event. I just sent Benny a check for a 9mm 6" fat free and I should have it in plenty of time for this match! Come to think of it, I have spent money on products from all of the sponsors you listed.

Rules are pending revision to include Open

Hitting a close range plate with a slug is a serious safety issue, a large slug fragmenting at close range is more than a procedural issue, it's unsafe, lungs have been punctured before by this type oops! A gun in a drop box with the safety off or an AD hitting 8 feet away are both less dangerous to the shooter, RO and spectators than hitting a plate with a slug 12 yards away. It will be a DQ, safety is paramount.

However good course design would prevent most of these issues by only using clays in proximity to slug targets to minimize this risk. I'm not out to DQ folks, and good course design and common sense will be used where ever possible, but it is ultimately the shooters responsibility for safe gun handling.

Benny will be building a custom gun for the match, not sure yet what table or if it will be a raffle item but God willing someone will walk away with a Triangle work of art blaster when the match is over!! :cheers:

Edited by benelli2

How about a stage where we get to stab something!

How about this:

One of the stages could be called "General Discussion: In Before the Lock."

Starting position, facing downrange with both hands touching keyboard. Upon the start signal, you will swear loudly and throw the monitor outside of the shooting area. Engage all targets from within the fault line.

:lol: