Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com/ Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Championship

Jeff I have always thought you were a brilliant SOB so now let me say it. You are a brilliant SOB! I can't wait for this match. Now I just need to decide if I am a Pro or an Amateur. Wait who am I kidding here. I know exactly what I am.

Jesse, YOU HAVE GOT TO GET OUT OF THE CHIMP LAB MORE.....it is starting to cloud your judgement :D

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you shoot both Pro and AM divisions?

Only if you can prove you suck with previous match results. Lol! I'm in for both.

Um my 18th place finish at Benning should be enough to prove my suckage.

This time I will say it was an 18th place finish, might have been 19 I cant remember. I wont say I finished top 20 if someone asks.

You're absolutely right, you can't push 500 through the same stages in a weekends time. There in lies the Pro Am nature, the Pro's will shoot one set of stages and the AM's will shoot a similiar but seperate set of stages. Essentially 2 matches running at the same time being scored seperate and having seperate prize tables, so that you compete against only those in that division(Pro or Am). However everything else is fully mixed, side matches, dinners, finalle shoot off. Only able to do this at a facility as large as Rockcastle and with lots of help from experienced RO's. Goal was to allow more people into the event and have a great social event with new and return competitors, gaining exposure to the sport and the sponsors that support it.

We are aiming to have fun and shoot lots of bullets

Sounds fantastic. How many stages do you anticipate?

Just for a little food for thought the entry fee for Pro will be $250 and Am side is $125

thanks for the compiments I think, I can't believe I got myself into this, again

For those of you that shot my old Shotgun matches you may see a similiar stage to the helicopter come back if I can make the timing work

Now I just need a good pilot for the truck, maybe the same guy is available :devil:

jc

Jeff,

I can rev a engine to 5000 rpm and dump it with the best of them! You might want to check the belts on that baby again. :ph34r:

Dont hesitate to ask if you need anything.

Alan

You're absolutely right, you can't push 500 through the same stages in a weekends time. There in lies the Pro Am nature, the Pro's will shoot one set of stages and the AM's will shoot a similiar but seperate set of stages. Essentially 2 matches running at the same time being scored seperate and having seperate prize tables, so that you compete against only those in that division(Pro or Am). However everything else is fully mixed, side matches, dinners, finalle shoot off. Only able to do this at a facility as large as Rockcastle and with lots of help from experienced RO's. Goal was to allow more people into the event and have a great social event with new and return competitors, gaining exposure to the sport and the sponsors that support it.

And of course, experienced stats people help get it done, too.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

one of those friends of Jeff's

Edited by LChico

Sounds like a great match. I have to ask though, how do you get 500 people through in three days when other matches seem to barely get 200 or so through in the same time? For the record, I've only been to a couple "big" matches.

It's ROCK CASTLE

Sounds like a great match. I have to ask though, how do you get 500 people through in three days when other matches seem to barely get 200 or so through in the same time? For the record, I've only been to a couple "big" matches.

It's ROCK CASTLE

This place has got to be huge.

And finally somebody on my end of the country running a major match using IMG scoring. Thank you Thank you Thank you! We're going to put the "run" back into "run and gun"!

Jeff,

Thanks for taking this thing on! You've definitely got the right people lined up and the right match structure in place to make this thing a huge success! The facility isn't bad either :) Looking forward to helping out any way possible.

DT

So is it safe to assume that if my wife and I are shooting different "matches" (one of us is shooting Pro and the other Am) then we would be with different squads, locations and/or shooting different schedules?

Trying to figure out our logistics possibilities if this scenario arises.

Thanks

Space, as Jeff said yesterday:

The Pros and the Ams will be - for the most part - shooting entirely different stages and effectively, different matches.

Your wife would be on a different squad and even if a particular stage was shot by both the Pros and The Ams, they would shoot at different times.

Otherwise, we'd never get 500 people through a 3 day match.

Interested . . .

Jeff said details are forthcoming but what equipment rules(open, tact-optics, irons, etc.) would be recognized in the two divisions/matches for both professional and amateur?

This is great! A major three gun match that is in driving distance and you have to have it the weekend of my 25th wedding anniversary. How am I going to pull this off?

Hurley

That is an easy one. Just tell her you couldn't go with me to Blue Ridge so you have to make this one. Honey if I don't go with Ryan he'll be sad. :(

This is great! A major three gun match that is in driving distance and you have to have it the weekend of my 25th wedding anniversary. How am I going to pull this off?

Hurley

You could use the "I Love you SO much" defense and plan a big blow out the weekend PRIOR then you would be free the following weekend.....You could tell her something like "Honey, I just could't wait any longer to CELEBRATE how much I love you!"......