Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com/ Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Championship

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is great! A major three gun match that is in driving distance and you have to have it the weekend of my 25th wedding anniversary. How am I going to pull this off?

Hurley

You could use the "I Love you SO much" defense and plan a big blow out the weekend PRIOR then you would be free the following weekend.....You could tell her something like "Honey, I just could't wait any longer to CELEBRATE how much I love you!"......

PM sent for more advice on how to convince the wife I need to shoot more matches.

I appreciate all the encouragement and offers of help and assistance and will be taking ya'll up on it as we get moving closer.

I think we have an all star group of folks working to bring together a monumental event, as Linda posted we have the Linda Chico driving the stats side of the house so we know that will be in great order, Kurt Miller as Range Master keeping the peace on the range and we are pulling together the finest group of RO's possible to ensure all the stages run smoothly and fairly.

Looking forward to a fantastic event and year ahead

To address one question over the weekend, if you are shooting different Level (Pro and Am) you will be on different squads, shooting different stages, so logistics may be a bit challanging if you need to be there for each other to shoot, however I'm sure a good squad can provide most needed logistics other than the moral support, to make it doable and enjoyable.

Looking forward to getting into this one. Made reservations today and only a couple of rooms left at the lodge. Who will shoot in the caves pros or am? Any don't really care just want to get in. This should be the best match all year.

Mike :ph34r:

May have to make the cave the side pistol shoot so that everyone can have a chance to experience rather than limiting to one group or the other, then change targets every day or so to keep it interesting, i don't want to have anyone getting bored you know! :devil:

May have to make the cave the side pistol shoot so that everyone can have a chance to experience rather than limiting to one group or the other, then change targets every day or so to keep it interesting, i don't want to have anyone getting bored you know! :devil:

That would be a good idea. I was next in line to go hot when they called the stage due to weather at the BRM3G last

April. So I would like a chance to shoot the cave.

Craig

Working on getting the website up as we speak, holiday's delaying a little bit, I apologize

announcement on 3 Gun Nation below, but we will have our own website soon

http://www.3gunnation.com/news/ar-15.com-rockcastle_to_host_3-gun_pro-am

Announcement also went out in AR15.com newsletter, match is at same facility Blue Ridge has been used

http://www.parkmammothresort.us/rockcastle.htm

jc

Speaking of 3GN, I think a 3GN Shootoff for the Amateur match would be a great idea. The best of us "mere mortals" to go through the same shootoff that the big boys do, right before the main event. The winner could even get a "big check"... even it was way less than 5 grand, one of those big checks would be super cool (think Happy Gilmore). Also the Am division winners that go to the shootoff could get paid slots into the Pro division for the 2013 match. I think it would be very well received by the shooters, and would make for great TV as well.

DanO

It is a dry county so we will need to import enough to keep us afloat and sane through the event

3 Gun Nation determines how they do points series not me so I have no idea how that is planned,

I am working on a planned final event that the Pro and Am shooters can both shoot rather than leaving anyone out, and it will allow a bunch more shooters in than an 8 person shoot off, plan to bring lots of ammo :cheers::devil::devil:

So I have shot 3 big matches (BRM3Gx2 and FB3G). I usually finish just better than middle of the pack in Tact Optics (although I shot Tac Optics with my 308 just for fun last match). If I had the time to practice, I could probably get into the top third (maybe top 25%). I do this just for fun because I enjoy shooting and I'm trying to get others involved.

Any advice as to whether I should shoot Pro or AM for this match? (I could care less about the prize table and the difference in the entrance fee is not a concern). I think I would be pushed harder and learn more shooting in the Pro division, but the Amateur who matches with me would probably think "WTF....this guy is a pro!". :blink: