Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mossburg 930

benny hill

I took my 28" barrel to local gunsmith here in town to have it cut but he refused to cut it coz he said it's too thin to re thread the part of the barrel right behind the porting. I guess my next option is to by 24' non ported coz there's no 22" available. How much 24" cost? Any help please? :unsure:

I also have a 22 re-threaded for Mossberg chokes. No problem.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may come down to the new comp model for me just because I can't any other model I want right now. Turkey is out of stock and the waterfowl is discontinued(?) And out of stock anyway.

Are there any other model that wont require buying another barrel?

Thanks

Vince

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I took my 28" barrel to local gunsmith here in town to have it cut but he refused to cut it coz he said it's too thin to re thread the part of the barrel right behind the porting. I guess my next option is to by 24' non ported coz there's no 22" available. How much 24" cost? Any help please? :unsure:

Send it to Guncat.

Send it to Guncat.

Yes, send it to Guncat.

Send it to Guncat.

Yes, send it to Guncat.

How can I get hold of Guncat? By the way thanks for all the reply gentlemen I really appreciate you'll.

Send it to Guncat.

Yes, send it to Guncat.

Yap I'm sending it to him.

Send it to Guncat.

Yes, send it to Guncat.

How can I get hold of Guncat? By the way thanks for all the reply gentlemen I really appreciate you'll.

Send him a message through this forum or you can go to his website.

Rose Action Sports

Dont expect good customer service from mossberg. I bought a 930 that everyone was going nutz over. Got it home and a small part was broke. I got in touch with CS. They told me a part would go out the 7th. I have a shoot tomorrow but with another shotgun, because that part did not ship until the 11th.

Dont expect good customer service from mossberg. I bought a 930 that everyone was going nutz over. Got it home and a small part was broke. I got in touch with CS. They told me a part would go out the 7th. I have a shoot tomorrow but with another shotgun, because that part did not ship until the 11th.

Although you may have had poor service.....I have not. Some of their CS are not good, but I don't bother with anyone besides Edna......I like consistencey!!!

Put it in a shipping tube and send it to Benny at Triangle, he is in Corpus, getting to the point he is doing them every week if not every day. 361-241-1091.----------Larry

• 2 weeks later...

Supposedly:

Black Composite Stock – Matte Blue Finish

24” Vent Rib Barrel w/ NO PORTING

Choked barrel to include 3 choke tubes: I.C., Mod., Full.

Front Green Fiber Optic Sight – No mid-bead

9 Round magazine tube w/Barrel clamp (+1 for total of 10 round capacity)

Bolt release button to be drilled and Nordic Bolt Release button added

Bottom loading port will be rounded for easier/faster loading

Supposedly:

Black Composite Stock – Matte Blue Finish

24” Vent Rib Barrel w/ NO PORTING

Choked barrel to include 3 choke tubes: I.C., Mod., Full.

Front Green Fiber Optic Sight – No mid-bead

9 Round magazine tube w/Barrel clamp (+1 for total of 10 round capacity)

Bolt release button to be drilled and Nordic Bolt Release button added

Bottom loading port will be rounded for easier/faster loading

Source?

For those who have had their 930's for a while. How many rounds do you have through them? Any weak areas on the gun? Any recommended spare parts?

I got mine 5/2009 and have roughly 800-900 shells through it of all type. No issues so far. No breakage so far, and it eats everything- I can mix slugs and different brands in the tube and no issues. I only do a couple 3-guns a year.

Also good news about the 930: I was just able to order a "no ports", VR, F/O, changeable choke barrel from Mossberg today- no more being in open beating guys in 3 of 5 stages only to place down by a few seconds 'cuz I'm really shooting tac optics (with a single stack too :).

It's awesome having Benny Hill and Jerry Miculek behind this gun, I'm excited to see the stuff they'll come out with!

For those who have had their 930's for a while. How many rounds do you have through them? Any weak areas on the gun? Any recommended spare parts?

I got mine 5/2009 and have roughly 800-900 shells through it of all type. No issues so far. No breakage so far, and it eats everything- I can mix slugs and different brands in the tube and no issues. I only do a couple 3-guns a year.

Also good news about the 930: I was just able to order a "no ports", VR, F/O, changeable choke barrel from Mossberg today- no more being in open beating guys in 3 of 5 stages only to place down by a few seconds 'cuz I'm really shooting tac optics (with a single stack too :).

It's awesome having Benny Hill and Jerry Miculek behind this gun, I'm excited to see the stuff they'll come out with!

Do you have a tube extension on yours and did you use a clamp as well