Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mossburg 930

benny hill

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally! This are the specs on the new gun we are going to be releasing.

Black Composite Stock – Matte Blue Finish

24” Vent Rib Barrel w/ NO PORTING

Choked barrel to include 3 choke tubes: I.C., Mod., Full.

Front Green Fiber Optic Sight – No mid-bead

9 Round magazine tube w/Barrel clamp (+1 for total of 10 round capacity)

Bolt release button to be drilled and Nordic Bolt Release button added

Bottom loading port will be rounded for easier/faster loading

:surprise:

Ok stacking the cash... ready to buy! SmileyMoneyLots.gif

Finally! This are the specs on the new gun we are going to be releasing.

Black Composite Stock – Matte Blue Finish

24” Vent Rib Barrel w/ NO PORTING

Choked barrel to include 3 choke tubes: I.C., Mod., Full.

Front Green Fiber Optic Sight – No mid-bead

9 Round magazine tube w/Barrel clamp (+1 for total of 10 round capacity)

Bolt release button to be drilled and Nordic Bolt Release button added

Bottom loading port will be rounded for easier/faster loading

I too am curious if the modified bolt release button will be available separately.

• 2 weeks later...

This is pretty much exactly what I was hoping for! A sub-$1000 ready-to-run shotgun modified for 3-gun should fill a very large hole in the 3-gun market. I've got a mossberg 500 that I've shot in 1 3-gun match, but I'm definitely going to get one of these when they come out.Where is everyone getting theirs from?

Also, what model is this going to be? I need to know what to ask for when I call to order it.

Thanks!

Edited by Erucolindon

I like wood furniture so I bought a NIB Field model off of Gunbroker for $399, with a price-padded $30 in shipping. I decided to buy the Mossberg 24" unported turkey barrel rather than chopping off the Field barrel & rethreading. I6t came with an extended extra-full turkey choke, which is worthless to me, but I used the IC choke that came with the gun. The 24" barrel came with front/rear FO sights, so I am happier than with a bead anyway. I'm at ~$620 for the gun, Nordic tube and new barrel.

This is pretty much exactly what I was hoping for! A sub-$1000 ready-to-run shotgun modified for 3-gun should fill a very large hole in the 3-gun market. I've got a mossberg 500 that I've shot in 1 3-gun match, but I'm definitely going to get one of these when they come out.

Where is everyone getting theirs from?

Until we have a name or model number for it, it would be hard to start searching. Yvette, is the model number known / public knowledge yet?

This is pretty much exactly what I was hoping for! A sub-$1000 ready-to-run shotgun modified for 3-gun should fill a very large hole in the 3-gun market. I've got a mossberg 500 that I've shot in 1 3-gun match, but I'm definitely going to get one of these when they come out.

Where is everyone getting theirs from?

Until we have a name or model number for it, it would be hard to start searching. Yvette, is the model number known / public knowledge yet?

No, not yet.

So, the new shotgun is basically a tricked out 930 correct?

Are the internals on the trigger going to be any different on the new model?

For USPSA sake, what is the limitations of opening up the loading area on a 930 spx ? (limitations being limited or tactical class?)

Thinking about just upgrading mine with the increasingly popular 24" unported, popping a +4 tube on, trigger work, and opening up that loading area.

Lastly, anyone for 18" barrel with that will accept accu chokes? I've heard about some having theirs tapped to fit chokes, but are there any available without having to tap it?

You have to have it tapped.

If you need one to send out, I will cut you a hell of a deal on one.

So, the new shotgun is basically a tricked out 930 correct?

Are the internals on the trigger going to be any different on the new model?

For USPSA sake, what is the limitations of opening up the loading area on a 930 spx ? (limitations being limited or tactical class?)

Thinking about just upgrading mine with the increasingly popular 24" unported, popping a +4 tube on, trigger work, and opening up that loading area.

Lastly, anyone for 18" barrel with that will accept accu chokes? I've heard about some having theirs tapped to fit chokes, but are there any available without having to tap it?

Anyone know of a competent gun smith within the San Francisco Bay Area, or someone else that I can send it off to that does reasonable work ? Thanks!

If you're looking to get a fully decked out 930... I hear Benny is the man to call... Check PM.

Anyone know of a competent gun smith within the San Francisco Bay Area, or someone else that I can send it off to that does reasonable work ? Thanks!

If you're looking to get a fully decked out 930... I hear Benny is the man to call... Check PM.

Absolutely. Just spoke to him on the phone today.

FYI Mossberg is not selling the 24" barrels un ported as far as I can tell. Edna Perez is no longer working with the company?!? True? I called today but it maybe that the lady wasn't well informed.

FYI Mossberg is not selling the 24" barrels un ported as far as I can tell. Edna Perez is no longer working with the company?!? True? I called today but it maybe that the lady wasn't well informed.

Try asking for Yvette, she's active on this thread.