Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What competition holster do you use and why?

GrumpyOne

I've only shot two matches so far, so this isn't worth much, but after reading up here (this web site is great for Newbies!) I use a Blade Tech DOH. Shooters Connection had a left hand in stock that fits my STI. The only issue was the mount, it came with the belt loop style, when I tried to use it on my equally new DAA belt the adjustment spacer bar just plain won't work. The extra thickness of the belt defeats the locking bar's design. I had extra Lok-Tek mounts, one of which I used, it is a tight fit but seem secure.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Limited/Open: CR Speed

Holds securely, protects the muzzle, operates simply. It would be nice to have the holds-any-length-gun convenience of a Ghost or Limcat, but I don't trust those designs.

Production: Bladetech

I like the ride height (non-DOH) and the design of the belt attachment. But there are lots of nice Production holsters with no clearly superior choice.

Ok this is gonna be really funny but I use a knockoff of a JR Holster from the Philippines. After getting it and comparing it to some of our club members JR speed holsters, we found no difference in the quality of the construction, materials, or locking mechanism. Worse, its an airsoft holster with the IPSC logo on it along with the matching mag pouches. Total for 4 universal/reversible mag pouches, and holster $130. They even sell an inner and outer belt set for $20. Gun used for scale. Just couldn't beat the price and the locking mechanism is really nice. When reaching for the gun, your natural hand motion while gripping the gun pulls the lock up and allows a really smooth draw. When reholstering the gun snaps in with a resounding click. Lets me know it is secure and I use thumb to push the lock back down. I hope to make a vid of this holster real soon. Pics Attached.

post-25308-078586300 1288011477_thumb.jp

post-25308-026841800 1288011497_thumb.jp

i use 2 bladetech doh,one for my production shadow,one for my CZ TS in limited...i also use a fobus gl2 for one of my glocks G17 in prodie,i know peoples generaly hate them, but i like the fact the fobus isn't hard on the coating..

having seen guns falling off from race holsters,i think i'll stick to what i have for now.

Edited by sigsauerfan

I use a comptac belt holster because, well, that's the only company that makes one for the HK P30L. It's very well made and just as nice as any other kydex holster. I like it better than the bladetech DOH because it doesn't point the gun at my thigh.

I been using a CRspeed with my glock limited gun and another for my SS, STI open and 5" limited gun. gun fell out of it in training so I bought a blade tech DOH for my new 6" I got 6 months ago and didn't shoot a match til I worked out a load and spring combo which took probably 6 weeks. That is what I voted for since it has been my primary this year and it retained my gun, and wasn't any slower than the WSM or anything else. It looks like I will be getting a Racemaster as my primary for everything but production/SS. haven't shot production, but I voted other for Uncle Mikes kydex, But chances are I'll buy another bladetech if I ever shoot production. Frankly, I'm not good enough and I like the grip size,angle & feel of 19/ 2011's more than glocks & CZ.

Ok this is gonna be really funny but I use a knockoff of a JR Holster from the Philippines. After getting it and comparing it to some of our club members JR speed holsters, we found no difference in the quality of the construction, materials, or locking mechanism. Worse, its an airsoft holster with the IPSC logo on it along with the matching mag pouches. Total for 4 universal/reversible mag pouches, and holster $130. They even sell an inner and outer belt set for $20. Gun used for scale. Just couldn't beat the price and the locking mechanism is really nice. When reaching for the gun, your natural hand motion while gripping the gun pulls the lock up and allows a really smooth draw. When reholstering the gun snaps in with a resounding click. Lets me know it is secure and I use thumb to push the lock back down. I hope to make a vid of this holster real soon. Pics Attached.

Hey, whatever works for you! This thread is about what you are using and why, so, all input as far as that is concerned is appreciated! :cheers:

I shoot Production with an Uncle Mike's kydex paddle holster. It was the only kydex holster I could find for my P226 locally. I really don't see much quality difference between it and the Blackhawk CQC (non-serpa) that I have for my P229. I have toyed with the idea of making a Blade-Tech style drop-offset attachment to give me a little more room, but I never got around to it.

• 2 months later...

I use C R Speed. a lot of guys at the club i started shooting at used them, and i found someone who picked one from a prize table, who offered me a great deal , so it's mine now. I like it, holds gun secure, easy to use, quick on the draw. No complaints. TF

I run the ghost for both limited and open. no adjustments and seems really secure when adjusted correctly. a friend of mine just bought the new Double Alpha and i was thinking of switching but as the old saying goes, if it aint broke, dont fix it.

Use a CR Speed for USPSA Open & Steel & Limited 10. Blade Tech DOH for USPSA Single Stack & IDPA ESP. CR Speed only requires length adjustment to switch divisions & the Blade Tech fills both my needs for USPSA Single Stack & IDPA ESP. I'm quite satisfied with both products.

• 2 weeks later...

I started out in 2007 with a Safariland 007 in limited with a glock 35. After the gun got knocked out of the holster a couple times by my range bag & jaket I went to CR speed. Love the CR speed rigg for limited. Went to a dropped and offset Bladetech last year in limited just to keep all my holsters the same since I also use bladetech for Prod, SS, IDPA & Carry.

Bladetech DOH for Ltd and production

Safariland M012 for open (old Ltd holster untill open gun was built).

Bladetech ICE DOH for LTD-10

Bladetech Sting ray or Safariland for SS/CDP which ever I find first.

Pouches Balsdetech or Safariland sometimes fobus very very rare Wilson Combat (worst magazine pouch I ever bought)