Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What competition holster do you use and why?

GrumpyOne

Have a DAA PDR pro I bought for a shadow, used my stock 2 in it while it works it's a bit tight for it.

My S2x came with a sickinger speed machine. I was not sure on using it on my Daa Belt, but it fits nice and tight.

The draw is very fast and retention is good when locked, you can get it out when locked but ONLY if on purpose if you use force.

I used it today for the first live fire session and got it setup and I'm liking it.

If I didn't already have it I'd buy a ghost ultimate or a daa racemaster.

$220 will do me better in ammo at this time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Bladetech for production, 3Gun, and Limited. DAA Racemaster w/ Muzzle support for Open. I had a Ghost but it didn't have enough adjustment to make my open or limited gun not flop all over the place. It always felt like it was going to fall out, even when it was locked down.

• 2 weeks later...

I use a double alpha racemaster in limited for a 2011. Before I had my own 2011 rig I borrowed a CR speed for a few months. Simply put the DAA is the best. It isn't the cheapest, but it is worth every penny. And that's coming from a broke college student. I like it because of how it mounts and the endless adjustment options. There is only one retention setting, air. That's how it feels to draw from one. Like your gun is just hovering in the air. It's nice because you don't have to worry about retention screws moving at a match as well. And when the locking lever is engaged the gun can NOT come out of that holster. The only thing I will add is get the DAA gun/holster cover, because at a dusty range the holster alone leaves the gun quite exposed. Oh and it looks awesome in red. B)

For production with my G34 I have a Comp-tac international. Its affordable and has a few ways to mount it. I use it setup as DOH. It works fine, but ever so often I have to turn the retention screws a 1/4 turn because they get too loose.

Hope that helps somebody. Good poll!