Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What competition holster do you use and why?

GrumpyOne

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Production - Ghost Stinger for CZ Shadow

Ltd (& open if I ever get an open gun) - Ghost Super Ghost for 2011

I really like the Stinger and finding good Lefty comp holsters isn't easy but I wouldn't mind trying a Boss Hanger at some point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

It might be worth changing or re doing the poll. A lot has changed since 2010. Back the pin ghost holsters and cr speed were very popular. The first one has been superseded and the cr is not as popular as people know the gun can come out even when 'locked'.

Safariland 014 are popular now

Ghost still popular (not the pin version these days)

Daa race master very popular

SLB/Manny Bragg futuristic magnetic is very popular

For open I have the manny and DAA race master magnetic. I also have an H&S CW5 and ghost. My 2 fav are the manny and the daa.

• 2 months later...

I'd like to bump this back into existence. It's been eye opening for me.

I have a CR speed for my Lim Glock, because I got it here and it was already modified for the frame weight.

I use the stock paddle holster that came with my XDm for now, because that's what I had when I started in USPSA and action pistol. I'm glad I found this thread because I was torn on what new holster I wanted to get for production and after reading thru, I think I'll be picking up a Blade Tech with the D/OS.

I recommend the BOSS holster, or at least the hanger, if you are going to be using a Kydex holster. I used a blade tech with the DOH for my limited gun. Needed a new holster for production and went with the BOSS and it is so secure and stable compared to the blade tech hanger.

Either a Comptac International on a Boss hanger for Springfield Loaded or Safariland 568 Custom fit on a Boss hanger for Nighthawk GRP used in IPSC Classic ( Safariland's suede inside gives a little more protection on the finish of my Nighthawk)

Edited by terrydoc

• 2 weeks later...

Question for all you most knowledgeable people out there. i use a Race master magnetic for S+W K/L, N and M&P, using the different inserts. I would like to use it for my S&W PPC9, (Gen 3). No insert exists for it. Is there anyone out there who may have been able to adapt another to fit? Any idea what might be close enough to allow modification to fit?

Thanks.

I just ordered a comp tac international. After reading this thread I'm wondering if I should go with the bladtech doh instead? I'm planning on shooting in production with a g34. Anyone tried out both?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...