Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Season 2

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed that it says $100,000 "IN PRIZES". WTH??? it can't be worth it, you'd have to pay taxes on the $100,000, but the prizes could be a bunch of stuff you don't want, and only cost the doaners a total of $20,000. smells fishy to me.

Nothing fishy really, since they're open about it... but yeah, if the winner is expecting a $100k check, he might get disappointed.

I doubt I'm interesting enough as a shooter... or otherwise. :closedeyes:

Based on Season 1 so far, skills beyond a basic competency are not really required. Basic skills and ability to learn, adapt, stay cool, make friends, etc. are what's needed.

So far it seems the format is designed to NOT give an expert / master / grand master in a shooting discipline (USPSA, IDPA, High Power, skeet, etc.) a super big advantage in any given challenges. Those that have been flexible, brought a wide range of life experiences, and stayed cool seem to be doing better. A bit of luck has also helped. That could change, but...

You my friend would do well IMHO.

"Jack of all trades, master of none" looks to be who would do well. But if you look at the season 1 contestants, is there anyone who fits that description? It would seem that's NOT who they were looking for.

As a former contestant, I'd encourage everyone that's interested to apply. I've got two reasons for that, the most important of which is that Top Shot, regardless of how you feel about the reality TV format is good for the shooting sports. I can't count the number of emails and messages I've received from fans of the show asking me how they can get in to USPSA or IDPA or Steel Challenge because they've seen Top Shot and the bios of guys like JJ and want to try that out. So if you're thinking about applying, do it. It keeps the show strong, and if the show stays strong than it will continue to generate good PR for the shooting sports. For that reason alone I'd say go for it.

The second reason is that I think a 3-gun shooter, and I mean a dedicated hardcore 3-gun guy probably has the best cross-section of skills to win the game. Toss in a few months of archery training and knife throwing, and you'd be a force to be reckoned with. Of course, you'd probably get voted in to every elimination challenge, but that's the game!

Seriously though, I encourage everyone who's even thinking about it to apply. The potential month off from work is hard, and I feel for that because I had to do it, but I think that in this case the juice is worth the squeeze.

The second reason is that I think a 3-gun shooter, and I mean a dedicated hardcore 3-gun guy probably has the best cross-section of skills to win the game.

Only if they film in either Jan or Feb. There are too many good 3 gun matches in all the other months to skip for a tv show.

Edited by Bryan 45

• 5 months later...

Note: I merged a bunch of these threads together. They were scattered about the forum...in a shoddy manner....peppered here and there.

When the show starts, lets do like we did last time...start a fresh thread for each episode. (that is what we did last time, right? )

- Admin.

And make sure the thread titles have the word "spoilers" in it. it should be common sense that if you haven't watched episode X, dont open the thread titled "Episode X" unless you want it spoiled for you <_<