Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Season 2

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gunny Zinns is in...interesting. He's an awesome bullseye shooter, but I've seen him foolin' around with with a tricked out USPSA open division Springfield XD at the Bianchi Cup practice range back in 2008. He's a nice guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I just got done looking at the bios and I cant wait to see some of the big egos(cough... bodybuildingsniperguy) start to cry when a girl shooter pounds them.

Also kidding aside it is nice to see both the females and "our" shooter types being represented. No offense to the LEO female last year(I really mean it as I have nothing against her at all) but having a co-ed competition and not having any 3-gun or USPSA type females was IMHO not effectively displaying just how good some of these ladies in our sports can be.

Wow I just got done looking at the bios and I cant wait to see some of the big egos(cough... bodybuildingsniperguy) start to cry when a girl shooter pounds them.

Yeah, 'jersey shore' comes to top shot. I hope you're right and said ego goes home early on :P

No offense to the LEO female last year(I really mean it as I have nothing against her at all) but having a co-ed competition and not having any 3-gun or USPSA type females was IMHO not effectively displaying just how good some of these ladies in our sports can be.

Just FYI:

After six years in the Marines Corps Reserve, Tara Poremba ("Top Shot") became the first female in the history of the Chicago Police Department to become "Top Gun" of her graduating class and was awarded "Top Gun" of the FBI Firearms Instructor School. A High Woman's State Champ in several states in Conventional Pistol, and a former National Champion, Tara ("Top Shot") earned her Distinguished Pistol Badge from the Civilian Marksmanship program and the President's 100 Award at the Nationals at Camp Perry.

She currently competes in Bullseye competition.

Edited by alpha-charlie

I am well aware of Tara's background, but I stand by my statement that if you are only going to have one(as was the case last season) female shooter than quite obviously if she is not 3-gun/USPSA she cannot show how good some of the ladies in 3-gun/USPSA are.

Again I was not discrediting Tara but simply saying that with all the shooters of the varying caliber that were on last season it was a diservice to not have more females with wider backgrounds. If there is going to such a low representation of females than because of my own bias I would prefer they be from action shooting sports.

Edited by ThreeHeadedDog

I just watched all the "meet the competitors" videos at the History channel website. I gotta admit my first impression of most of them was good, I would be happy if any of several of them won.

That being said, I'll be cheering for Athena.

I'm looking forward to this season and glad it's back.