Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Holster

What do you want to use the holster for...competition (IDPA, USPSA ?????)CCW, just bumming around in the outback? There are any number of holsters from any number of makers that will do the job but more detailes are needed IMHO.

Richard

Depends on intended use and whether you want kydex or leather. I use Blackhawk for IDPA but carry my 1911 or Sig in a Milt Sparks leather holster on a daily basis. We need more info about your intended use.

Mike

Edited by mikegot38

Hello: I have used both the Blade-Tech and the Comp-Tac. The Comp-tac belt holster is faster for me. I have an old Blade-Tech belt holster that I find faster than the new style Blade-Tech with stingray attachment :surprise: I use Safariland 771's mag holders for USPSA and Comp-Tac single mag holders for IDPA. I want to try the Comp-Tac mag holders with Tek-Loks next. Or I may just modify some Safariland 773's for IDPA. Thanks, Eric

My two cents is for the Comp-Tac. My wife uses a Blade-Tech, but she got that because of the DOH. I like both, but in comparing Blade-Tech's StingRay and Comp-Tac's belt tunnel, I give Comp-Tac the nod based on personal preference. Probably one of those ubiquitous Ford vs Chevy things...

But, was flipping thru the Jan/Feb Front Sight, and saw that that article on the Steel Challenge World Championships. Seems that demographic prefers Blade-Tech over Comp-Tac (9 to 2). 'just saying...

I currently use a blade-tech with the tek-lok belt loop. I use an inner and outer belt setup that I made and I like the tek-lok because you can put sticky back velcro inside the tek-lok and clip it onto the belt. Once its on the belt, its rock solid and always in the same spot. I've been using blade-tech for several years and I think they're great.

+ 3 on the Safariland series. I have 3 of them (just for my SS-5 counting Production), from the original 560 which is awesome to the newer models geared more toward USPSA. Scott at Safariland is a huge supporter of USPSA. The prize table at National has a lot of Safariland product, from holsters to gift certificates. Just one more reason to support our suppliers.

• 2 weeks later...

I've used both Safariland 002 and a Blackhawk carbon fiber. I can't get it out of either fast enough to make much difference so I went with the security of the Blackhawk. I found the biggest help for a fat man belly is the use of a reinforced belt otherwise the barrel points in places that insurance companies won't cover. :surprise: I use the CR Speed 2 piece. Like others, I see no reason to change either the belt or holster.

Tactical is a mindset, not an equipment list

• 4 weeks later...

+1 for Comp-Tac. They build a nice holster and have OUTSTANDING customer service.

They even sent candy with mine! And, who doesn't love candy? :wub:

Add that to the fact that they make great products, and I am a loyal customer.:cheers:

*edited to add: I occasionally use a Blackhawk SERPA in 3 Gun matches if there is a lot of required movement during a stage just for the added "safety" factor of positive retention.

Edited by HS101

I used a Blackhawk CQC (the non-serpa) for Single Stack, CDP, and ESP for quite a while, but recently I switched to the Safariland holster and honestly I think it's pretty rad. I tend to find a particular holster that I like and then just use it for everything; since I'm primarily an IDPA shooter then most of my gear tends towards "IDPA legal" despite me using it in USPSA.

I must be the only person in the USPSA world that is using a cheapo Uncle Mike's 1911 holster... :)

The only drawback to this holster is that it is not IDPA-legal but, for $15, it has served its purpose well for USPSA.

I must be the only person in the USPSA world that is using a cheapo Uncle Mike's 1911 holster... :)

The only drawback to this holster is that it is not IDPA-legal but, for $15, it has served its purpose well for USPSA.

Cy, You're not alone. I also use the Uncle Mikes. I tried my Bladetech without the DOH attachment, and like the Uncle Mikes better.