Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Membership Renewal

I am up for renewal in April. I am thinking of just going for it and signing up for life membership. It looks like there are not a lot of life members? Is there any good reason not to do this if the funds are available? As usual, Just Curious.

I have annual for the simple reason that this is my first year and i wanted to play around to see if i really liked it.....i may be going for a longer one next year ;)

Edited by Corey

I have annual for the simple reason that this is my first year and i wanted to play around to see if i really liked it.....i may be going for a longer one next year ;)

I have been shooting USPSA for about a year now and I went with the annual when I had to renew for my 2nd year. After the end of this season, I might go for a longer membership. :cheers:

Edited by jkatz44

In 12.5 years, a Life membership will have paid for itself if you were to renew annually.

After that you'll be ahead.

Thats if they don't raise the fees. If they raise the fees, the Life will pay for itself sooner.

Same reason here. Why pay for a full life membership if you might change your mind tomorrow. So far its still interesting so I'm thinking of renewing in May when it comes up. Might as well, been doing it since 1985.

Bill

I renew yearly at one of my local clubs. They have a deal where you renew at the match and then shoot that match for free. Basically makes the 1 year a $25.00 dollar deal and USPSA is one of the organizations I don't mind giving a few extra bucks to. But yea, I've thought about the life membership myself. Lay it out once and be done.

There definitely used to be a way to pay $125 X 4, I did it, maybe call them. I bought a one year, then a 3 year. I went back to school and didn't shoot for about 2 of the 3 years. When I got done with school I just did the life. Should've done it when I did the three year.

I figure it's possible that life might force me to stop, but I'll be back. Plenty of 50 and 60 year olds around where I shoot. Someday I'll be one of 'em.

I also think it's a decent organization to give money to.

Edited by bofe954

I got my L number years ago and sure glad I did... Don't have to worry about renewal's and if I had decided to drop out of shooting for a while my membership was still good. Like Bigshooter53 said we spend couple of K on a gun or several hundred on bullets/primers, etc but don't want to spend $500 for life membership.. Do it.. you won't regret it...

Just reading the thread and went and look on the Uspsa website to see how much it was. I thought there was an option to pay for the life membership in 4 payments?? They don't have that anymore??

Flyin

Alan Meek will be bringing it up (again) at the next BOD Meeting. They will apply whatever is left of your current membership towards the price, so feel free to give them a call. I transferred to Life last year, glad I did. Should have another 12 years in me!

Edited by vluc

Thanks for bringing this up Kevin. I hadn't thought about a Life membership. After looking at the rates my current 3 yr expires next year. I'll get a 1 yr membership after that and a "Senior" Life membership ($350) when that expires.

:surprise:

The way I read the USPSA website is that the $350 'Senior' life is for SCSA membership. USPSA life is $500 or dual USPSA/SCSA life $750. 'Senior' dual life is $600.

I figure I'll try for 2 5 year membership, my retirement plan was set to run out of money at age 80 but that has slipped badly.

For me, I'll keep plugging along with the short term ones. Everytime I make a big investment in a sport, fate intervenes. (I have some lovely once used golf clubs that are just a tad older than my son.)

For what it's worth, it is really a question of how long you intend to compete. If you have the money today, but are getting 2% on it in the bank, it will take about 12.25 years to get the same annual cost of a 5yr (just under 12 for the 3yr rate). This assumes of course that prices don't go up.

I did it a few years back and i have been thanking myself ever since. I absolutely love going to an IDPA match with my "LIFE MEMBER" USPSA patch on my concealment garment.... LMAO

There is also a certain nostalgia about having the "L" number