Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide Racker yes or no

jellyb

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know one guy who is a good shooter that doesn't run one, I know a lot of good shooters that do have them. If you have a slideracker you can always reach and grab the rear serations if you don't have safety shield or swenson's.

Yes! The more interesting question is, which side if you are a RH shooter? Min is on the left side of the gun looking down the sights (left hand, left sided racker), though others would say right side. Using a DAA Racer holster so plenty of clearance.

Edited by EDA

I had one on my old Tanfoglio open gun (sidewinder with a ball/detent install) and I loved having it. Now on my Tripp 2011 open gun it did not come with one and I have not missed it. If I decide to get one again I will go with the zig racker from Brazos as he already has the ball bearing and spring installed in the racker itself so all the slide needs (besides the dovetail cut) is a dimple to accept the spring loaded ball bearing.

Good luck

Yes! The more interesting question is, which side if you are a RH shooter? Min is on the left side of the gun looking down the sights (left hand, left sided racker), though others would say right side. Using a DAA Racer holster so plenty of clearance.

I had guns built both ways, and it did not bother me much to have it on the right, but I still prefer it on the left side. I think it is slightly faster.

The reason a lot of right handed shooters used to (and still do) run them on the right side is so the racker doesn't need to be removed to field strip. It's not such an issue these days as so many are retained using ball detents but when you have a set screw they can wear loose taking them in and out all the time.

One other issue with a left side racker. If you are running a 90° C-More mount, the slide racker gets pretty long. The

geometry gets to the point that you are pushing the slide sideways as much as pulling it back. Had a left side zig-racker

on my wife's gun. Switched it to a right side titanium short racker bent up about 40°. MUCH easier for her to rack the slide.