Holster Makers

krang

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's another.  Advanced Performance Shooting is a local maker here in Waynesville, MO.  Great holsters and custom made for whatever you're carrying.  If it's not on the list, contact them and they can probably make it up for you.   I have two of their "Protective Services Elite" holsters and am very happy with them.

They just launched a new appendix carry that's really nice.  More of their stuff in the APS Amazon store.

APS Holsters Protective Services ELROD, Appendix Inside The Waistband Rig(Black) 

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 5:26 PM, UncleQ said:

New to the forum. This has probably already been answered but I want to make my own leather holster I was wondering if there is a place to get a free pattern to help get started.

You can make a pattern by using a piece of paper, trace your gun on it, then leave 1/2 all around for a stitching area.  Look at other holsters for ideas.  It's not hard.  You can still get leather and all the tools you need from Tandy Leather.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have not posted anything before... but I thought I would in this thread... I have made some leather holsters myself and used some patterns I found on tandyleather.com and the rest I made myself. Also I have "covered" a blade tech holster for my 986. I wanted the rigidity and design of the blade tech and the looks of leather :-) I have made the belts too. My current 986 rig is stiffened with plastic sheet behind the leather and velcro stitched to the back so I can wear it firmly on my velcro belt. 

Here a picture of my latest projects. Feel free to ask anything. (carving leather is a bit if a side hobby for me :-) ) 
(sorry for the bad quality pic.... but I cannot upload high resolution) 

Regards Christian. 

686-3.jpg

Edited by Helichris

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2017 at 5:14 PM, alotur said:

Anyone have a good holster for the edge?  The finish on my gun is going to hell with the Ghost Holster.

I'm not sure you're going to avoid that if you're trying to stay with kydex.  My Bladetechs and Tulster do the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2017 at 5:14 PM, alotur said:

Anyone have a good holster for the edge?  The finish on my gun is going to hell with the Ghost Holster.

DAA Racer, Racemaster, Alpha X or any other "race holster" should do the trick. 

• 10 months later...
18 minutes ago, SeattleDude said:

Any of the 3 you prefer the best? for Open gun with Metal Grip.

I used a Race Master for quite a while. I was looking at the Alpha X for about 6 months, I finally succumbed and bought one a couple of months ago. It was one of those "Why did I wait so long to do this?" moments. I like it a lot. Easier to adjust, rock solid, and comfortable.

4 hours ago, Bkreutz said:

I used a Race Master for quite a while. I was looking at the Alpha X for about 6 months, I finally succumbed and bought one a couple of months ago. It was one of those "Why did I wait so long to do this?" moments. I like it a lot. Easier to adjust, rock solid, and comfortable.

My results are quite similar. Love my Alpha X

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sarge said:

Such as?

it don't have name . and i don't know if it possible to bye  one.  first gen. was designed in 1992.

i have few  of them.  one for glock other for 2011 and last fit for all cz types  like :sh1,sh2, ts  and tso.

i checked lately  few of them that still in use for last 25 years.  with no wear and not harm handgun finish.;) and  it not need any type of care. :o and it hold gun securely with no play . and draw is smooth. and gun  leave holster  when u want .;)

it's property of some small arms company that will never produce them.only few shooters(not me):P that sponsored by them have this holsters.