Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster Makers

krang

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna go ahead and request Amarok Tactical be added to the list of holster makers. 

I have both a RHT and an Amarok holster and the kydex quality is much much better on the Amarok. I've been blown away at the flexibility of the owner. Call him up and see what he can do and he'll try to figure out a solution for you.

He's also gotten into 3D printing lately so I'm sure there's cool things to come. But if you want any custom kydex pattern on it, his kydex guy seems to be really good too. Not to mention the turnaround time is similar to that if you drop an extra $50 on expediting from RHT. 

• 1 month later...

Blade Tech does not honor their lifetime warranty. 

My  holster for a STI EDGE cracked, and they refused to repair or replace stating that they no longer make the LDC model, thus they won't replace. 

The LDC model is the same as the 2011 EDGE model. 

Further, no matter how long you have had the holster, they require a proof of purchase receipt. This is their way out of warranting their product. 

This wasn't an issue in my case. 

Lifetime Warranty doesn't mean what it says in Blade Tech nomenclature. 

FYI

9 hours ago, rudder said:

Blade Tech does not honor their lifetime warranty. 

My  holster for a STI EDGE cracked, and they refused to repair or replace stating that they no longer make the LDC model, thus they won't replace. 

The LDC model is the same as the 2011 EDGE model. 

Further, no matter how long you have had the holster, they require a proof of purchase receipt. This is their way out of warranting their product. 

This wasn't an issue in my case. 

Lifetime Warranty doesn't mean what it says in Blade Tech nomenclature. 

FYI

^^^^+1, I was highly disappointed when I found out they would not do anything for my broken cracked .holster

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 12/11/2019 at 10:53 AM, SwedishMoose said:

I'm gonna go ahead and request Amarok Tactical be added to the list of holster makers. 

I have both a RHT and an Amarok holster and the kydex quality is much much better on the Amarok. I've been blown away at the flexibility of the owner. Call him up and see what he can do and he'll try to figure out a solution for you.

He's also gotten into 3D printing lately so I'm sure there's cool things to come. But if you want any custom kydex pattern on it, his kydex guy seems to be really good too. Not to mention the turnaround time is similar to that if you drop an extra $50 on expediting from RHT. 

I don’t see where they even list holsters . It’s the same old 3D primed stuff on there 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2021 at 3:05 PM, Bmans45 said:

I don’t see where they even list holsters . It’s the same old 3D primed stuff on there 

He used to do holsters but it took way too much of his time vs. the return on 3D printed stuff he's gotten into. 

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/27/2021 at 8:45 PM, Ccampo1129 said:

Hammer Armament is on the rise! They make some badass products! They get my business from mag pouches to holsters! 10/10 in my book

I've got to agree. I purchased one of the Lighting holsters for my Honcho with an X300u light. Fit is fantastic and I've been beating it pretty hard the last 4 months, haven't had a single issue. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2021 at 8:28 AM, generjoe said:

I've got to agree. I purchased one of the Lighting holsters for my Honcho with an X300u light. Fit is fantastic and I've been beating it pretty hard the last 4 months, haven't had a single issue. 

I just ordered a Honcho on Monday! Not looking forward to the 26-28 week wait but hopefully it goes by quick! How do you like yours? Seems like everyone loves them. 

• 1 month later...

Mine's been great. My biggest issue is keeping the mags clean. I live in the desert and the fine sand/dust will cause failures. My lesson learned from yesterdays match is clean them before you go to a match and if the go in the dirt, they get taken apart and cleaned.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I ordered a custom lytton competition holster and one from RHT at the same time.  The lytton holster shipped 13 days from purchase (with excellent communication during that time). The RHT shipped 27 days from purchase.  27 days isn't too bad but if you're looking for something fast and better quality, check out Jason at Lytton custom holsters. One thing I like is you can buy them premounted with a Boss hanger. He also sells mag pouches but I haven't tried those.

Lyttoncustomholsters.com

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 5/6/2019 at 11:05 AM, nick779 said:

Ive looked around and eyeballed RHT, but I have a guy I found on Reddit that makes great dual layer holsters, and molds for a smooth draw. 

Amarok Tactical. Caleb is an awesome dude. 

A big group of guys at my local matches shoot with GunnerXShooting's "Secure Retention Holsters" Theyre basically dual layer holsters that have a turnstyle friction lock with magnet attached. When you go up to shoot, you flip the turnstyle and have almost no retention/drag on the gun, when you holster you flip it back down and you literally cannot pull it out.

Theyre still building their website, so they do orders through FB.

Who’s this Reddit guy you speak of?

On 4/17/2022 at 10:28 AM, GoPewPew said:

I ordered a custom lytton competition holster and one from RHT at the same time.  The lytton holster shipped 13 days from purchase (with excellent communication during that time). The RHT shipped 27 days from purchase.  27 days isn't too bad but if you're looking for something fast and better quality, check out Jason at Lytton custom holsters. One thing I like is you can buy them premounted with a Boss hanger. He also sells mag pouches but I haven't tried those.

Lyttoncustomholsters.com

$145 when a Ghost Hydra P is $100?

Bruh.......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2022 at 4:55 PM, TheChef1 said:

Who’s this Reddit guy you speak of?

Alot has happened in 3 years. 

Amarok tactical ended up ghosting all customers and ignoring emails. GunnerXShooting should still be around, I believe they still make the locking turnstyle holsters

2 hours ago, nick779 said:

Alot has happened in 3 years. 

Amarok tactical ended up ghosting all customers and ignoring emails. GunnerXShooting should still be around, I believe they still make the locking turnstyle holsters

I didn’t realize it had been that long from your post. Cool I’ll check out gunnerX thanks.

11 hours ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

I'm pretty sure that's who this is: https://gxproductsusa.com/gx-vice-holster/

Yeah I figured that out after a little googling. I already have a holster on order from him. Only 12 weeks left I hope. I also just ordered one from Smokey mountain concealment that should be done much sooner and looks really nice also. 

17 hours ago, TheChef1 said:

Yeah I figured that out after a little googling. I already have a holster on order from him. Only 12 weeks left I hope. I also just ordered one from Smokey mountain concealment that should be done much sooner and looks really nice also. 

If you have a pistol that fits this, you're better off with it.  It locks your pistol in just the same and when unlocked draws with almost no resistance.

1 week to your door (maybe a little more now with weather and Christmas shipping rush)

https://ghostholsterdirect.com/product/hydra-p/

1 hour ago, TheChef1 said:

They don’t fit the rival and honesty for a couple bucks more I got a hand made double kydex holster and I’m happy with that.

Sucks that the Ghost doesn't fit Caniks.

The Hydra P and P+ are IPSC race holsters with a shroud (which doesn't even touch the pistol) to make them USPSA legal for Production and CO.  The pistol's trigger guard is the only thing that touches the holster.

Superior in every way to any kydex gun bucket.

Edited by Johnny_Chimpo