Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bill Drill times

GMyers

LOL, I'm playing MD in Feb. will inc a Bill stage. :roflol:

Remember that if they get any non-A hits, the competitors will zero the stage, or else the internet police won't let you call it a bill-drill. :devil::sight:

Nope, you get your points. But, also the shame of shooting a Rootie Tootie instead of a Bill Drill.

Stage should be named, "Bill Drill or Rootie Tootie, Shooters Choice".

Got a current classifier or two that need to have their names changed too, in order to meet with police approval, cuz they count the c's and d's.

Same thing, you get the points AND the shame for going Rootie Tootie.

Edited to add:

Actually, I should have looked first, ..........

There is no classifier entitled "Bill Drill". There is something close to the name, but far more complicated than an actual Bill Drill.

4 bill drill, should be changed to 4 rootie tootie drill.

For me it would be the 2 Bill Drill 2 Rootie Tootie.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After looking at the 14 pages of comments I am reminded of a story.

there was a monastery where the monks could only say one sentence a year.

During a meal, one monk said " the potatoes are awful".

A second monk said "the potatoes are fine". Silence

A year goes by.

The first monk says " I think the potatoes are awful ".

The second monk replies "the potatoes are good". silence

Another year goes by.

The first monk repeats his original complaint.

The second monk repeats his reply.

A third monk stands up and says " I'm leaving. I can't stand all this bickering".

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

What would be a good time for a B class shooter (in Limited & Production) when using a revolver?

Revolver times should be just a hair behind production times, maybe .10-.15 total.

Edited by MWP

• 3 weeks later...

Open gun or not that is still kick ass! People who don't shoot them have some idea that open guns are magic alpha laser guns. They still need to be operated well just like any other.

under .8 draw is close to the gun flying off down the range for me! .17 splits at 15 yards tell me you have your gun setup just the way you like it and can run it well. That is certainly GM stuff. :) In fact that's GM time at 7 yards. at 15 that's shooting god level!

That was my best time. I shot it a total of 7 times at 15yds the rest were not that nice. Believe me. Lol by the 5th time I was reminded why you shoot it much closer. Lol.. The key for me is the first shot, if I can't get an A with the first shot I'm good to go on the other shots.

Edited by a matt

.78 first shot 6 alphas .17 splits 1.80 total, from 15 yards,2nd try. happy with the times. yes its an Open gun.

As Ronald Reagan said to Mikhail Gorbachev during the INF treaty talks "Trust but Verify." LOL & :devil:

Nice going.

• 4 months later...

Yes.

My response was aimed at what you posted which are very solid numbers.

I will admit I am cynical due to the many posters here who are benos GM's and real life c shooters. If you are able to deliver a first shot a in .7 and sub .2 splits on command you have outstanding core skills. Of course I am referring to match performance. A day at the range with no one watching is a different story.

That's a .7 draw and .12 splits.

Those skills can win majors at will.

unless they are coupled with non-gm transitions and movement.

wouldn't you say that draws and splits are the *least* important factors (of the major ones that people work on) ??

Just for fun I tried a "what can i do if i just pull the trigger?" bill drill yesterday. 1.88. three alpha 3 charlie. I've finally gotten to a consistent 2.00 bill drill cold out of the holster that is either all alpha or 1 charlie/5 alpha. I feel like am kinda just along for the ride whenever I shoot one under 2 and consider it lucky for me.

That's a .7 draw and .12 splits.

Those skills can win majors at will.

unless they are coupled with non-gm transitions and movement.

wouldn't you say that draws and splits are the *least* important factors (of the major ones that people work on) ??

Of course I agree.

My responses are tounge in cheek.

I'm poking at guys who claim way above average stand and shoot skills but don't have corresponding classifications, and quite frankly classification is just what it is. % of division is the comprehensive truth of a guys current performance.

Trust me, I get it.