Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 IN USPSA Section Championship

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can somebody give me an address to the range? Also what time do we go hot sat?

From the Self-Squadding site.

Friday start time will be 11:45 Shooters Meeting, 12:00 Start. Saturday AM shooters will be 8:45 Shooters Meeting and 9:00am start time. Saturday/Sunday Shooters will have an 11:45 Shooters Meeting, and 12:00 Start time. Sunday will be 8:45 and 9:00 start time.

The stages are 99% done. We have to hang targets in the morning, and spike down stage 6. I appreciate all the help that has been available today and all week. This is my 5th consecutive year of being involved with the set up of this match and this is the largest and best set up crew we have had. Thanks.

There were many characters on the range today and that was great.

This will be a good match, and if the weather cooperates it will be a great match. The stages are all going to be fun to shoot, and there will be many good options on the stages. I recommend getting there early and looking around, and not waiting until the walk through to begin your planning.

We added a few little twists today that are "really nice."

We had a couple of phone conversations with the big man John Amidon today and we should be squeaky clean and legal on everything.

I am looking forward to the shots going down range. I hope everyone has an enjoyable match.

Leaving tomorrow afternoon....... Will there be any parking away from the range ?? I would really hate to have to explain anything to the wife again !!

Nick

Do you have your duct tape? I hear it can hold anything together.

I look forward to seeing you guys this weekend. If you're looking for me, I'll be on stage 1.

This is looking like it's going to be a great match. Special thanks to JThompson for his help on my stage finishing up the work of others.

I look forward to seeing you guys this weekend. If you're looking for me, I'll be on stage 1.

This is looking like it's going to be a great match. Special thanks to JThompson for his help on my stage finishing up the work of others.

We have had a great crew out this week, finish a few things in the morning and we are ready to pop!!

Well depending on who you believe the weather looks like it should be OK. Chance of rain overnight Fri and Sat but daytime should be good. Looks like I'll be driving the hotrod over. Going to be HOT on Sat. Im bringing plenty of Gatoraid. I suppose some kind of snack as well. Dont want the blood sugar to bottem out.

Edited by tnek

Finally packed at 1 am. Time for a 3 hour power nap, then on my way. :)

Watch out for the Brickyard race traffic in the Indy area. Stay on the east side of 465 when you pass thru.

We have had a great crew out this week, finish a few things in the morning and we are ready to pop!!

My hats off to all those guys that were there all week... it is frigg'n HOT here. Bring plenty of water, start your hydration before you get to the range people. I think you are going to like that stages the guys built and it should be a great match.

It's strange, but I like helping, as much if not, more than shooting the match. There's a group within the group that does the background stuff and those are the guys/gals who are tightest with one another... I like being a part of that. Although, I didn't help much in this one I did get to spend a day with the guys. If the heat takes it toll on my large hind quarters, I may shoot until I get blown out and kick back. As I progress in the sport the shooting seems to be getting less important to me than being part of this wonderful group of people....

Did I mention it's HOT! I feel for the ROs and staff at this one.

See ya'll on the range in a few hours......

JT

Edited by JThompson

I am hoping to be able to leave Columbus before rush hour...with the idea of getting to the range before everybody is gone (if I can get way ahead of rush hour).

Is there an "RO bar/eatery" ?

I am already hydrating for Saturday and Sunday. (Pedialyte and/or water for me.)

Shot and worked the match today. It is a Jake DELUXE match. Very good and challenging stages. I had a great squad to work with and everyone was helpful and of good humor despite the tremendous heat and humidity. Kudos to my squad and I hope to shoot with all of you again. Great job to Jake and Aron, the stages were just awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note to anyone shooting over the weekend: Drink lots of water and Gatorade, I did the one bottle per stage thing and still didn't wiz the whole day. STAY HYDRATED, IT'S HOT AND HUMID OUT THERE!!!!!

Good to hear from todays Shooters. Im REAL excited for this match. Win, Lose, I really dont care, Ive been looking forward to this since January this year when I shot my first USPSA match!

Theres just something about the shooting crowd in the states around here that makes me all happy and stuff.

Edited by Jon Fuhrman

I am hoping to be able to leave Columbus before rush hour...with the idea of getting to the range before everybody is gone (if I can get way ahead of rush hour).

Is there an "RO bar/eatery" ?

I am already hydrating for Saturday and Sunday. (Pedialyte and/or water for me.)

We've been at Texas Roadhouse in Kokomo for the last two days. Not sure if we're going to do that again or not, I guess we'll talk about that tomorrow.

Excellent match! Aron and Jake did a phenomenal job putting together a very fun and challenging one :cheers:

Yes he did. Excellent match, high round count, plenty of options and such. It was HOT. I'm sure it'll be even more humid and hot tomorrow.

I enjoyed listening to you screaming at your squad, Micah. Half the time I wasn't sure if you were messing around or serious!

What a great match!! Stages are fun and tricky, Jake and Coach did a great job with this one.

I made it through without passing out from the heat, everyone drink more than you think you need to!

When you get to the ammo can stage, say "Hi" :)

What a fun match.

Stages weren't too complicated and provided a variety of options for engagement.

The heat made for a long day but things went relatively smoothly for our squad.

A particular golf cart appeared to get quite a workout. Is there a weight limit on those things?

Good luck to all those shooting today and tomorrow.

Thanks to all of the shooters who came to our match. I hope the overall match was satisfactory to everyone. I was very proud of the staff today. Things ran smooth on a very hot day. A few reshoots and a few DQ's. Not one single call for calibration on steel with 120 shooters and 36 pieces of steel.

Glad to here the stages were challenging, and yet allowed many freestyle options. Thanks to the staff for a job well done for the first half of the match.

Tomorrow I am a shooter or at least I hope to be...

At this point we just don't know.