Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Rio Salado Desert Classic / Area 2

Results still not up on USPSA? Missing people on the unofficial results? Dissapointing... but I guess we should be used to that by now for this match. So many spoke so highly of it and we looked forward to it for the last few months; a true shame.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Results still not up on USPSA? Missing people on the unofficial results? Dissapointing... but I guess we should be used to that by now for this match. So many spoke so highly of it and we looked forward to it for the last few months; a true shame.

They are on www.uspsa2.org. All seemed great to me and everyone I know and I kinda know a person or two. :cheers:

Excellent Desert Classic. Two less mikes would have made it better but, oh well. <_< Happy for Jasmap, well done dude! Our squad was top heavy with contending GM's. Very good stuff.

Jim

I would like to thank the staff and ROs as well. Organizationally it went smooth as silk for me, our squad didn't get held up at a single stage and the unfortunate DQ that occurred on our squad was handled professionally and courteously. A tip of the hat to all the folks who put in a ton of work to make this happen.

Excellent Desert Classic. Two less mikes would have made it better but, oh well. <_< Happy for Jasmap, well done dude! Our squad was top heavy with contending GM's. Very good stuff.

Jim

I had a great time Jim. It's the most relaxed I've ever been in a match......even local matches. The squad was GREAT and everything ran just fine. I was glad to have Jman on the squad since we were the only Production shooters on there.

Great match, stages were awesome and staff was terrific. Squad 16 was great... really enjoyed spending time with the Canadians and GrayGuns guys. Congrats to my pal TronaFungus (Faith) for surviving her first Area 2 match and working through some tough challenges... Congrats to my boy Nick (Little Kahuna) for taking High Junior also. Definitely plan to return next year, and trying to talk my wife into shooting it also.

Also plan to return to Rio Salado for WSSC in January.

I would like to thank the staff and ROs as well. Organizationally it went smooth as silk for me, our squad didn't get held up at a single stage and the unfortunate DQ that occurred on our squad was handled professionally and courteously. A tip of the hat to all the folks who put in a ton of work to make this happen.

Yes, I agree about the RO's. Fantastic job by all of them, it was a fun match w/o a lot of stressed people. Our entire squad worked very hard and had great attitudes. Made new friends. :cheers: Thanks to you all for making my three days so great!

thank you to the very hardworking staff and RO's...they really busted their humps on this match.... even though i was waaaay down the list the price table was still great :cheers:

I agree.

A big Thanks to squad 3 and to the Desert Classic staff, RO's, Sponsers and Shooters.

I will be back :cheers:

A big thanks to all the ROs, you were great-especially my friends on the "bowling team"! Yvette, don't forget your ducks next time!

A great match, requiring thought, yet fewer traps than previous Area 2s. I personally felt the stages were better this year. I enjoyed

shooting with the Hogue Mob and my revo buddies. Looking forward to next year! :cheers::cheers:

Great shooters match again with not alot of circus stuff. The weather was awesome(no rain, no snow, and not too cold). Squad 7 was great, and the match was run well. just remember when they put your mag in a gauge to squeeze the snot out of it or you will get bumped to open(that was a close call!) :)

Great shooters match again with not alot of circus stuff. The weather was awesome(no rain, no snow, and not too cold). Squad 7 was great, and the match was run well. just remember when they put your mag in a gauge to squeeze the snot out of it or you will get bumped to open(that was a close call!) :)

I don't think I have ever seen tendons pop out quite that far! :roflol: I am glad you made it.

-ld

It was my first area match and I had a great time. Match personnel were friendly all around, from registration to ROs. We ran ahead of schedule almost the entire match. I even survived a calibration challenge on stage 1.

Seiichi

WARNING: A couple of competitors got busted for having grip tape on their magazine base pads... the added thickness meant the mags would not fit the magazine gage at chrono time. One poor soul got bumped from L10 to Open :o

One of my friends got bumped from Production to Open, because the box wouldn't close due to the lasergrips on his 229. Welcome to Open 10. And if that wasn't punishment enough, he had to re-calculate his own score to see where he would have finished in Production.

Seiichi

Just got in from AZ-great match. Got hits on all the swingers with 2 misses on two of the swingers -those misses had alphas as first shots-so if I had just taken the .25s to confirm-I would have had good hits instead of misses. Shot like I was in molasses, but a great match, great squad, great everything. Polle did a great job after inheriting the match. All the RO's, CRM, MD -all were great. Rio Salado really knows how to put on a great match. Come on out next year!

Thanks to the Desert Classic staff. They did another outstanding job. Squad 1 was awesome! There will be some Vids up on YouTube in a few days for some Squad 1 members--pjb45111-- look for A2, Name, Stage #.

I loved Taran's comment when asked when he started shooting open, "Yesterday"