Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DOUBLE TAP CHAMPIONSHIP 2010

Hello: I was wearing shorts last year on Sunday :cheers: Craig was the one wearing the Kilt though. Updrafts are a bitch with a kilt :roflol: Kinda refreshing as well :goof: Shooting in the wet and cold is just not fun. As I say it does not matter where in the world you are if it is cold and wet--it still sucks :devil: Thanks, Eric

Downdrafts out of a kilt are probably a bitch also! :sick: For bystanders! :roflol:

CYa,

Pat

Edited by whatmeworry

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DT was cold two years ago, colder last year and even colder this year. I bet that none of the shooters believe in global warming! Robert puts on a great match and I (almost) wish I was there! Good luck to Robert and the shooters!

Tuesday I was feeling lousy that I almost went to this match at the last moment but couldn't stomach the sub-2week airfare costs. Today, I feel like Nostradamas.

No slam on the match at all, just the apocalyptic Texas weather. I'm almost surprised there wasn't a plague of locust today to complete the scene.

The weather is tough but the stages are awesome. Robert, Steve, & all the guys did an incredible job of building this match. Of course it would be nice if the weather had cooperated but it didn't. We still had a good time. I suspect it would be nearly impossible to have any class winners come from the Sat/Sun squads due to the mud & adverse conditions but that is just the way it is. Maybe next year!

Squad 18 is the best! The last stage we shot today, everyone was still there helping tape, reset, etc. until the last guy in the squad got done. I'm sure we have all been in a squad where the last stage, as each shooter finished, there was one less person helping tape. When you get down to three shooters left to shoot & they wind up having to tape & reset by themselves. Not squad 18, these guys are awesome!

Thanks to all the R.O.s that toughed it out & showed up, & kept their word, & are doing their job. These folks are incredible & my hat is off to each & every one of you devoted folks.

MLM

Yeah, it's cold as heck, windy as heck, and snow blowing around is a real PITA.... But... I think most of us are having a good time. cheers.gif

It's definitely a superb match. It's a shame the weather won't cooperate for a full weekend. This is the biggest weather differential I've seen between shooting days at this match... yeah, last year, Friday was nasty (I was out there for a while...). But, while we weren't getting rained on, it was windier and colder on Saturday. The guys who shot yesterday had T-shirt weather, with blowing DoubleTap dust - you could've even worn shorts, if you wanted, in the afternoon. Today.... wow.... Amazing what the weather will do here.... :surprise:

Thanks to all the R.O.s that toughed it out & showed up, & kept their word, & are doing their job. These folks are incredible & my hat is off to each & every one of you devoted folks.

Ditto that, Mark :)

- you could've even worn shorts, if you wanted, in the afternoon.

I was in shorts and a T-shirt yesterday... Today, I wore cold gear under armour, light jacket and a snow jacket. Plus a face mask, neck warmer, gloves, hand warmers...just about all the warm stuff I brought...

It was fun today but COLD and WINDY...

Edited by gunnerBU

I'll echo what Xre said. It's cold and snowy and everything but it's been a fun match so far. Definitely thanks to the staff for toughing it out with us through the weather!! I'm hitting the sack now and can't wait for tomorrow! It's gonna be hard to get started but it'll be fun once we get rollin'!!

Here are my 2010 Double Tap video’s. I was lucky to shoot it all on Friday in the good weather. All of the stages were great and a lot of fun to shoot. All that didn’t go really missed out. Happy viewing…… :blush:

Stage 1 –

Stage 2 –

Stage 3 –

Stage 4 –

Stage 5 –

Stage 6 –

Stage 7 –

Stage 8 –

Stage 9 –

Stage 10 –

Stage 11 – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXDYHrFIwhA

Stage 12 – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4BJygtRcUA

Here are my 2010 Double Tap video’s. I was lucky to shoot it all on Friday in the good weather. All of the stages were great and a lot of fun to shoot. All that didn’t go really missed out. Happy viewing…… :blush:

Thks for sharing. Looks like some really fun stages. Good recovery on that one stage where you stepped out :ph34r:

One thing I suggest is letting your camera man know not to do any zooming at all. Also that he does not need to get so close to you so he can get the targets, course and your entire body. Also let him know to get in a spot instead of chasing you around everywhere. I know on some stages that can't be done because of stage design. It makes it easier to watch and lets you really see what your doing in all aspects of your shooting. Lastly buy your camera man a beer for taking video of you. :cheers:

Good videos

Flyin

Umm, that is one flat shooting limited gun there brah. :blush:

Thanks for the video....

JT

Cha_lee - I have to agree with JThompson that is a flat shooting gun. I tried to get a good look at the gun and its just moving to fast. but it is flat. I think I saw aluminum grips which could mean its either a Tanfoglio Limited or a Caspian.