Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Guns you bought because of a movie

oddjob

Well, Marlboro used a Desert Eagle, a .44 mag I'd assume.

Harley on the other hand used a .454 Casul. Based on the look and capacity of the revolver I'd assume it was a Ruger Blackhawk conversion.

I don't own either, but wanted both after that movie.

J

Thanks Jack.

Yup I felt the same way at the time, but those guns really aren't my style.

Made for a pretty cool movie though. B)

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But I'm a sucker for a single action revolver. I don't own a single one. But I will one day. Probably a Freedom Arms .44 mag. Just feels right.

Here's a couple of single actions for ya!

.50 AE

post-11055-1228195598_thumb.jpg

.475 Linebaugh

post-11055-1228195614_thumb.jpg

The twins.

post-11055-1228195621_thumb.jpg

Scott

I'm still looking for that glock that I always hear them cocking the hammer on.

No kidding!! I saw that in the last Bourne movie. I hate that!!

I bought a Franchi Spas 12 with the hook. I can't remember the movie, but later I saw it in Jurassic Park.

AKM after seeing Red Dawn.

Edited by ShaunH

Well, Marlboro used a Desert Eagle, a .44 mag I'd assume.

Harley on the other hand used a .454 Casul. Based on the look and capacity of the revolver I'd assume it was a Ruger Blackhawk conversion.

I don't own either, but wanted both after that movie.

J

Thanks Jack.

Yup I felt the same way at the time, but those guns really aren't my style.

Made for a pretty cool movie though. B)

Definitly a good flick. Looking back now, I wish they'd used better guns for it. How cool would it have been if Marlboro would have used a custom single stack .45???

Don Johnson always seemed to use good blasters. His second show, Nash Bridges, he used a sweet heater. A 1911 of some sort IIRC.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the two gold plated .45's in face off??? Common - I know someone here was inspired to buy one :roflol::roflol:

J

P-38 from Man from UNCLE..........................ooohhhhhh.........might have to get one of those now...................Thats a good one!!!!!! My wife always did like Illya Kuryakin...........Thats how I'll justify it............and make it a birthday present as well!!!!!!!

My first CCW, a Walther PPK/S.

I still have the scar from that POS :(

I don't let Hollywood tell me what to buy. However, I did find myself lusting after liking a few of those blasters that Jayne had squirreled away in Firefly....... :D

I named her Vera B)

Fellow nerd here: Excellent series (thanks Sunuva) and well timed quote SA :)

I still want a Henry after seeing Silverado.

I have a Henery from Silverado and Dancing With Wolves, Altho I went for an Iron Frame for the beautiful color case on the receiver. Also, my buscadero rig for cas was based off of Costner's rig in Silverado. The more traditional rig is a John Wayne Style with custom holsters, except that the Duke never carried 2 pistols. I also have several '92 winchesters and Greener style shotguns because of him :bow:

I would love a '60, even though it was a pig to pack around (Platoon) and I have alwayse lusted after the Thompson SMG and Sten (Kelly's Heros, Dirty Dozen, Guns of Navarone, etal.)

I had to get one of these after seeing the movie heat, of course not the automatic one, although he never shot it automatic in the movie

For those who don't know what it is, its FN FNC

I always wondered what rifle that was.......

I haven’t bought one yet but I’ve wanted a Mini-14 since I realized that was the gun the A-Team used.

post-9312-1228301358_thumb.jpg

Oh God, don't do it. What a hunk of garbage. Had a roomate that had a really nice one with a limited edition stok on it. I bet him my POS Romanian AK would outshoot it at 100' with crappy chinese ammo. He was a hell of a shot, and took me up on the bet. He sold the mini the next week.

But I'm a sucker for a single action revolver. I don't own a single one. But I will one day. Probably a Freedom Arms .44 mag. Just feels right.

Here's a couple of single actions for ya!

.50 AE

post-11055-1228195598_thumb.jpg

.475 Linebaugh

post-11055-1228195614_thumb.jpg

The twins.

post-11055-1228195621_thumb.jpg

Scott

Awesome.

I need one. I think a .44 mag. Possibly a .454. Something about a .44 Single Action that I fancy.

Great picks. Congrats on owning such cool blasters.

Jack

I hate admit it, but I bought that first G-lock as a result of "U.S. Marshalls".

Tommy Lee Jones to Robert Downey, Jr.: "Git yourself a Glock and lose that nickle-plated sissy pistol".

Well, anything that sounded that tough had to be a keeper, right?