Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Guns you bought because of a movie

oddjob

Oh God, don't do it. What a hunk of garbage. Had a roomate that had a really nice one with a limited edition stok on it. I bet him my POS Romanian AK would outshoot it at 100' with crappy chinese ammo. He was a hell of a shot, and took me up on the bet. He sold the mini the next week.

A friend of mine had one for a short period of time until he realized what he had.

I'd still like to have one though. :ph34r:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh God, don't do it. What a hunk of garbage. Had a roomate that had a really nice one with a limited edition stok on it. I bet him my POS Romanian AK would outshoot it at 100' with crappy chinese ammo. He was a hell of a shot, and took me up on the bet. He sold the mini the next week.

A friend of mine had one for a short period of time until he realized what he had.

I'd still like to have one though. :ph34r:

I think its hit and miss with the Mini's. My friend has one that is a POS. I bought a ranch Mini-14 for my brother back in 89 and I bought one for myself that was a earlier model with the M14 type sights, flash hider, and bayonet lug. My brothers and mine are both accurate and reliable. Magazines make a hell of a difference too. I have factory 20 round mags from Ruger that I bought from a police officer. The aftermarket mags I've used suck and cause feed issues.

But I'm a sucker for a single action revolver. I don't own a single one. But I will one day. Probably a Freedom Arms .44 mag. Just feels right.

Here's a couple of single actions for ya!

.50 AE

post-11055-1228195598_thumb.jpg

.475 Linebaugh

post-11055-1228195614_thumb.jpg

The twins.

post-11055-1228195621_thumb.jpg

Scott

Awesome.

I need one. I think a .44 mag. Possibly a .454. Something about a .44 Single Action that I fancy.

Great picks. Congrats on owning such cool blasters.

Jack

Jack , Freedom Arms are great revolvers IMHO best single actions in the world. The .454 Casull is a good round very flexible you can shoot at a .45 colt level, .45 win. mag Or go full house Casull. When I used to shoot silhouette I got to shoot one fitted with a .45 ACP cylinder, you could knock over the rams at 200m, but you had to wait forever to see the hits. A friend of mine got me started on FA's ,he had a 4 5/8 Mag-na-ported .454 you could hit a 8" steel plate at 100 yds easy, after that I had to have one. Great revolvers get one you won't be disappointed.

Scott

• 10 months later...

The "Agents" in the Matrix used what looked like Desert Eagles in .50 cal. I had shot one once and just had a terrible hankerin' to have one. I finally bought it. It's a hoot to shoot (and watch others shoot) but I'll probably buy the top end for the .44 mag to make it a bit more affordable :surprise:

dj

Here's a question for people that I've been wondering about for years. Anyone remember the episodes of The X-Files where Mulder is infiltrating one of those secret research facilities they had so many of in that series, he gets discovered. I was never a rabid X-Files fan so I'm not sure what sort of person/creature the guy who then comes after him is supposed to be, though I get the feeling he wasn't supposed to be human. Anyway, a sheet of "bulletproof" glass drops between the two of them, and the other guy starts using his gun to hammer away at it, wonderful rate of fire, and he starts chipping away at the glass because all his hits are in exactly the same spot, drilling his way through to Mulder. The gun goes dry, really nice reload, chips away some more, another really nice reload. Okay, I realize this guy is supposed to be some sort of extra-human creature, but looking at that level of gun handling, I thought, "This guy has GOT to an IPSC GM." Anyone know who that was? Anyone know if the film was sped up at all? Watching the speed with which ejected shell casings were moving, I don't think this guy's actions were sped up in any way - GMs just are so good they look superhuman. :D

first gun owned was an 8inch 29 44 mag...aaaand it went downhill from there

the most spectacular would be the first gen Desert Eagle, scaring the CRAP out of people in an indoor range, the sound and blast are simply put, incredible

most bizarre, would be a hammerli 280 olympic target pistol all carbon fiber, and a nickle plated one was featured by assassin playin bridget fonda in a movie with a name that escapes me...

Beretta 96 in Stainless. Not sure what movie exactly but I just always like the look. That was my frist ever pistol purchase. And the start down the slippery slope. I cant think of any movies that directly influenced other purchases but the Miltary channel sure has cost me more than the monthly network programing. The Barrett comes to mind.

Beat me to it. I saw that the real one from the movie came up for sale a year or so ago. I have always wanted one just because..

rotj_mauser_brass_2.jpg

I did buy a PS90 not because of a movie/tv show but everyone asks me if I am a fan of Stargate when I take it to the range. I did buy it because I loved using it in the Rainbow Six/Rogue Spear games.

Luger P-08 any WWII movie or TV series

P-38 Man from U.N.C.L.E

Bren Ten Miami Vice ( I owned 3 at one time 2 in 10mm and 1 in .45) sold them all and am now waiting for the new Bren to come out.

:cheers: Desert Eagle .44 Mag MK7 the ultimate movie gun, who can't appraciate a 44mag semi auto that actually works. Mutiple glocks from tons of movie and I am still looking for the Mystery porcilan Glock that you can walk through metal detectors with. Watler PPK from the Bond movies, just way to cool. :sight:

most bizarre, would be a hammerli 280 olympic target pistol all carbon fiber, and a nickle plated one was featured by assassin playin bridget fonda in a movie with a name that escapes me...

"Point of No Return"

1975 TV series Starsky and Hutch. David Soul's six inch Colt Python 357 magnum.

Big Boom!... but for a pistol loaded with blanks, he really didn't have that 'managing the recoil thing' down very well, seems it would always end up over his head when he fired it :roflol: Hollywood... :wacko:

post-6812-1255088002_thumb.jpg

Edited by LT45

• 1 year later...

I picked up a Desert Eagle .44 Mag from the movie Men In Black("Mr.Anderson....!) I always wanted and said im going to save up and buy the Barret .50 BMG like in the movie Robo Cop, but that was back in the days of underoooze!lol....