Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Guns you bought because of a movie

oddjob

Red Ryder / Christmas story. Does that count?! :rolleyes:

Not only does it count, I think this one takes the cake. After many many years of yearning for one, I finally got my Red Ryder a few years ago.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

twin 92F's from Lethal Weapon/Die Hard (also with SGS comps from The Professional)(sold the 92's, kept the comps)

any pics or background info on those? I always thought whoever did the propwork/technical advising for that film did a great job. really liked the full profile comp on the beretta, have never seen one for sale anywhere.

Sent you a PM with the info on the SGS full profile compensator.

This is one of the one's I put together just for giggles:

DSCN1622.jpg

twin 92F's from Lethal Weapon/Die Hard (also with SGS comps from The Professional)(sold the 92's, kept the comps)

any pics or background info on those? I always thought whoever did the propwork/technical advising for that film did a great job. really liked the full profile comp on the beretta, have never seen one for sale anywhere.

Sent you a PM with the info on the SGS full profile compensator.

This is one of the one's I put together just for giggles:

DSCN1622.jpg

Very nice, thanks for the info!

When I was 10 my dad bought me a Ruger 10/22. I dressed it up with a side folding pistol grip stock, flash-hider, barrel shroud, banana magazines, etc to look like the mini-14 on the A-TEAM!

always thought those were AC556's?

bought some of my exotic/out of the ordinary stuff cuz of movies. like HK P7M8, HK P9S, HK Expert, Mateba Unica Model 6, 1872 open top, 1886 in .45-70, several supressors in various calibers, several different SBR's, ....

but the ones i like more are the guns i've built or had made because of what i saw or learned here. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thats cool........I know it would take a few bucks, but I would like to see someone put together a firing pulse rifle from Aliens. They were made from Thompson SMG's.

Here you go..

Thats cool........I know it would take a few bucks, but I would like to see someone put together a firing pulse rifle from Aliens. They were made from Thompson SMG's.

Here you go..

That is way too much on someones hands and way too cool at the same time. Gotta love someone who sees a challenge and makes it happen. :cheers:

Just drooled over a Browning 30 aircooled (semi-auto) today at the local toy store. This want is from Kelly's Heros, The Diry Dozen, The Big Red One and all of the other WWII movies that I grew up watching.

Aliens pulse rifle...........WOW!!! And I mean WOW.......I'm gonna cry now.....

The "real" ones were made from a Thompson sub machine gun and a Rem 870 (IIRC)

But this guy has is own version.

• 2 weeks later...

Sawed-off stockless double barreled shortgun. The Rebel (Johnny Yuma). I actually had a toy one way back then in 1960. Now I have a Remington Modular Combat Shotgun (AOW). Not double barreled though.

I'm also in the market for the BFG 9000 from Doom.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Admittedly, it is Lethal Weapon and Diehard that got me lusting after Beretta 92s for years afterwards...

I have 8 right now, in fact..

I also bought an MSAR AUG because of seeing that Steyr AUG in the first Diehard...

Nash Bridges was the jumping block for me wanting 1911s in the mid 1990s... And, while I've never been a Bond fan (the fact that James Bond used the P99 turned me off to it), but I got hooked on the P99 after Underworld came out :)

And, of course... It's SG1's fault for my two Ps90s...

8-beretta-label1.jpg

2xPS90-2.jpg

Edited by ShipWreck

Detonics mark 7 combat master 38 super

what movie?

More T.V. than movie. Miami Vise (Sonny's ankle gun)

Also used quite a bit in Air Wolf.

I think the combat master (modified) was used in The 2nd Terminator movie, when Sara Conner went in the house to get the Scientist dude.

All those were .45's, I don't think there were many .38's ever made.

Edited by Powder Finger

what movie?

/thread drift/

man, that brings back memories. it's a labor for me to keep my car running these days -- when I was a kid growing up, I never really gave much thought to how much work would be involved doing regular PM and service on your stolen helicopter that you hide in the base of an extinct volcano. wonder if they had chilton's manuals for that thing...

what movie?

/thread drift/

man, that brings back memories. it's a labor for me to keep my car running these days -- when I was a kid growing up, I never really gave much thought to how much work would be involved doing regular PM and service on your stolen helicopter that you hide in the base of an extinct volcano. wonder if they had chilton's manuals for that thing...

No kidding, I never thought of it that way before. I don't even remember if they had a tool box in the cave.

BTW on RTV channel I saw some re-runs of Air Wolf lately. I kind of forgot how goofy it was sometimes. Plus I forgot about after JMV left the show and then it got goofyer (real word?).