Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dedicated SS'er?

zhunter

My goal is to typically shoot SS 1/2 of the year and limited 1/2 of the year. I ended up shooting mostly SS this year though as it was just so damn fun and I shot a couple majors in SS so I wanted to shoot the matches leading up to those. With that being said I dont' quit after a match or date, if I start to get burned out or start "trying" I switch over to limited when I start getting burned out there back to SS. It keeps my mind fresh.

Didn't vote because of the 50% THEN quit after SS nats.....I don't quit after a set date but that would be the closest of the choices.

Edited by steel1212

100% 1911 (single stack) since, well forever. Dabbled with 10-rd magazines before the Provisional Division was started up thanks to Le Grand Snob, but never liked them. ick. My first love - 1911 45acp in IDPA CDP division then USPSA SS division, preferably at an all SS or SS/prod, SS/revo, or similar truly practical venue.

I shoot ss then I will do a reshoot in L10 same gun same ammo. I shot ss since just before it became provisional. I shoot it at the area's and other major matches. It did shoot the limited nats this year as I could get into the SS nats

ed

I shoot it less than I intend to. I should have shot it leading up to Area 2, but didn't. Not sure if I could have given me the extra 1% I needed if I had shot that gun leading up to it or not. I used to like it as a second gun, but the match I shot with 2 runs has shut down, and I have fallen victim to staying in the Limited race where there are more shooters in my peer group at the local matches. Since Steel1212 is running a Single Stack/Production/Revolver match on the fifth weekends, I am looking forward to the end of the month.

I shoot about 50/50 SS and production. I don't stop shootin' the SS right after the SSC match....heck I just got warmed up with the thing why stop right after the match???? So I didn't vote......the really isn't an option for me to select.

I never make up my mind what I'm shootin' till the night before club matches. Majors I will at lest get the gun out and do some dry fire for a week or so before going. Never get much, if any practice in before matches EVER.

This past year has been about 80% SS for me. I'm just getting back into the Limited game after adding some finishing touches to my Ltd gun. Shot it for the first time in many months and it was weird to count to 20 between reloads.

I have so much fun with my 1911. I love the caliber (real SS's are .45), the stage breakdown and reloading every 8 (or less). I just went through it with a nice solvent and oil, swapped main springs (from 17 to 19) and red loctite'd the grip bushings. It needed some lovin!

Fomo...Hope to see you at the end of the month!

The 1911 puts the "practical" into "practical shooting" for me!

I just LOVE the gun!!

Happiness is laying the smack down on limited / open shooters during a 32 round stage DESPITE having to do 4 mag changes to their 1 or none!!!

:)

Besides, without the trail of magazines to follow, I wouldn't be able to find my way back...

I have shot a single stack almost exclusively ever since the provisional category came about. I switch to limited for one match before the Texas State Limited match and then go back to SS immediately. With that said I just bought an M&P 9L and plan to shoot a little production in the upcoming year

No real answer that fit my shooting habits.

Mysons kimber is a SS , I have a new Para high cap .45 and we both have the dreaded Glocks for our duty pistols so we shoot a variety of weapons.

Have to stay in touch with the grock because its a duty weapon.

I like shootng the para and kimber more but thats the way it is.

JK

Hello: We shoot all year long here so I just try using different pistols for different games. Maybe that's why I'm not getting any better :unsure: I plan on shooting Single Stack mostly next year in 9mm, 40 and 45 depending on the game I'm playing. A 9mm SS is just so much fun to shoot in IDPA ESP. Thanks, Eric

I will pick it up from time to time. I do like shooting it, I just have too many other guns to shoot. I really like limited for most matches. I will shoot produciton from time to time also. It really makes me concentrate on getting A hits. If there were more shooters shooting I would since there would be more competition.

Mike

Hi. New guy here, and so far have shot 100% in Single Stack. I'm still working on the fundamentals, and have enough on my mind that switching from division to division would just be a major distraction. So it hasn't been hard to be monogamous.

I also like SS if for no other reason it gives me an excuse for 40 second COF's!

But maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment since I'm new to USPSA, decided to start out w/ a .45 acp, Major PF, and with a stock pistol.

I have the gear to shoot in any division except Revolver.

I like them all.

Each division has its unique appeal and challenges.

I see no reason to restrict myself to playing in just one sand box.

I am primarily a Limited shooter.

In my USPSA career that is the division where I've shot the most.

I have probably 2 or 3 times more Limited classifiers on file than any other division.

This fall I shot in the Hillbilly Classic and had a blast.

I made the commitment to shoot the Single Stack through the winter and go to my first SS nats next spring.

I've been getting after it pretty hard since then.

In the last month I've shot the Classic plus 3 or 4 club matches.

I plan to stick with it until the end of next year.

After that, .... we'll see.

Tls