Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Automated Reloading Press Kit by P/W

GunWhoreDer

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt,

Is that the slower or faster of the two that they offer?

I have to be honest, I really don't know. when i ordered, they just asked me which dillon I had.

To answr Flex, yes, it is REALLY quiet.

I will say this, I am now annoyed with holding my foot on the pedal. I am considering bypassing the foot switch and just using the toggle swtch, or maybe install a large rocker switch. The machine moves slow enough that the reaction time should be fine. Still thinking about it though.

$850 was fair amount to chew off for something like this.

If you can remember the feeling of what is was like when you added a bulletfeeder, This autodrive has that similar feeling. Now that I have it, I can not imagine going back to a crank handle.

For me, the investment pays off in the value of time saved, and no stress on my arm. For me, well worth the money.

Also for eveyone else, sorry about the slow download on the video. I wanted to keep it as high resolution as possible so you can really see what is going on.

I watched the video again and answered my own question ... it loaded about 8 rounds in the first 30 seconds which would indicate that it is likely the 15 RPM (900 RPH) model. I would love to see a variable speed controller that would allow it to be adjusted within a reasonable range, say 10 - 30 RPM.

As for primers, the Commercial Camdex machines I've seen had Vibratory Primer fillers mounted over the primer tubes.

Should be simple to mount a Dillon Rapid Fill Primer Filler to your press.

Hello: I was just wondering what you guys are doing to keep the primers topped up? I can see the bullet feeder and this unit to speed up reloading but the primers are going to be the thing that slows you down. Any ideas? Mounting the RF-100 above the 1050 primer tube? Let us know. Thanks, Eric
Edited by GunWhoreDer

Bill,

Very easy to setup. you first need to unbolt your 1050, then bolt in the Auto Drive, then bolt your 1050 to the base of the autodrive.

From there adjusting took me about maybe 10 minutes in total. which was fairly easy.

As for bad rounds, I can say no. An advantage that I found is that when I load new brass (starline 38 supercomp) even with case lube on there when manual loading at the powder station, there was always a "sticking" to some degree when the powder funnel went up. Occasionally when doing this manually, some powder would spill out of the case for me. With the auto-drive, the tension is always the same, so it slowly and more consistently pulls up without spilling any powder.

I really can't find anything wrong or anything to complain about the unit. I have probably now loaded 2000 rounds on it and have not had any failures due to that system. (occasional sideways bullet from the bullet dropper to the next station)

So I am still in the 2 thumbs up category.

Does that help?

Bill,

Very easy to setup. you first need to unbolt your 1050, then bolt in the Auto Drive, then bolt your 1050 to the base of the autodrive.

From there adjusting took me about maybe 10 minutes in total. which was fairly easy.

As for bad rounds, I can say no. An advantage that I found is that when I load new brass (starline 38 supercomp) even with case lube on there when manual loading at the powder station, there was always a "sticking" to some degree when the powder funnel went up. Occasionally when doing this manually, some powder would spill out of the case for me. With the auto-drive, the tension is always the same, so it slowly and more consistently pulls up without spilling any powder.

I really can't find anything wrong or anything to complain about the unit. I have probably now loaded 2000 rounds on it and have not had any failures due to that system. (occasional sideways bullet from the bullet dropper to the next station)

Does that help?

Yes, it does. Thank you. I already ordered it.

Bill,

Does that help?

Wow :cheers: is all I can say, who'll be the first around here to get one.

I would think with the consistent motion, it would help in not spilling powder loading 9 major??

Thanks for posting info on this machine!!

For those of you who can load faster than that now, how many hours do you think you could go at that pace? When your tongue is flapping past your chin and your arm is pumped up like a hi tension cable you are done and the guy that owns one of these is just bored. If you can muster the cash and need ammo by the bushel you need this machine. I will just have to sit and suffer with envy while I churn along with my 650 but this thing is long on neat.---------------Larry

Looks cool to me. while I can load faster than that, I don't usually bother. Does it have any sort of overload switch or just a slip clutch if something jams? I have problems occasionally loading range 9mm brass where the primers don't always come out. Easy to feel in the swage station, but if you aren't holding the handle, you wouldn't feel it.