Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Automated Reloading Press Kit by P/W

GunWhoreDer

Got mine today and set it up. Worked flawless for all 350+ rounds I tried. It loads 22 a minute which should equate to 1,320 an hour if I'm quick on the primer feeding and also the bullet feeder. I adjusted the machine a little to make sure it was doing the entire stroke both ways. I like the idea that I can do something else while loading and that the machine is indexing fluid strokes. We'll see how it goes after 20 or 30 thousand rounds.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truly amazing. And to think, I just bought my first press - a 550b. This definitely has the drool factor going for it. Definitely would like to hear longer term/higher volume feedback from y'all!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Got mine today and set it up. Worked flawless for all 350+ rounds I tried. It loads 22 a minute which should equate to 1,320 an hour if I'm quick on the primer feeding and also the bullet feeder. I adjusted the machine a little to make sure it was doing the entire stroke both ways. I like the idea that I can do something else while loading and that the machine is indexing fluid strokes. We'll see how it goes after 20 or 30 thousand rounds.

I have one that I use for testing new bulletfeeders. It's pretty slick... mine runs around 1200 per hour.

Here's a point to consider... You have to be a little more careful about sorting your brass.

For example, if you're reloading 38 supercomp and a super case comes down the pipe, it's usually jam city.

Anyway, the auto drive has a slip clutch and I adjust it only tight enough to allow the press to cycle properly. That way, if there's a jam for any reason, you won't break anything on the press.

7,000+ rounds with no malfunction, now. I loaded some new brass and 38 Super Comp has always liked to stick to the powder/flare die a little. The machine did knock two ( at differant times) out of the shell plate when this sticking occured but no problem. I just stooped, put the brass in the shellplate manually, and kept going. This thing is adddicting though, I have been tumbling brass and just keep going, and going, and going. I should be up to 12,000 rounds by the end of the weekend.

hmm, if Rick uses one to test his feeders, hmmmmm...... damnit, they really need to get one goinga little quicker. but I suppose 1200 rounds an hour, nice and smooth like it looks like it runs, plus you could be loading tubes at the same time. hmmmmmm

• 2 weeks later...

For those guys with the Case Pro who roll size their brass, is there a gadget out there tha will automate the roll sizing process?

Will this gizmo work with the Case Pro?

I don't have a Case Pro myself.... just curious.... :unsure:

For those guys with the Case Pro who roll size their brass, is there a gadget out there tha will automate the roll sizing process?

Will this gizmo work with the Case Pro?

I don't have a Case Pro myself.... just curious.... :unsure:

You could possible adapt it to work.

I have a Case Pro.

• 2 weeks later...

Set mine up today. A little disapointed on their quality control. Two out of the 3 crew heads were snapped off the fan cover and the third was bent and mangled. The control box had a shorter cable than the one matt has because I cannot put mine on the right side of machine. This was put on a RL1050. Matts must have been a super 1050 because the linkage is different on mine. It took us about 6 hours to get it set up right. Oh and you have to supply your own power cord. We had to tighten the slip mechanism up a lot more than I thought that should be needed. Did you guys find the same thing. I have a egw undersize die and that seemed to be a part of the problem.

Edited by dgsmith

I've set two up so far. The clutch only needed minor adjustment. That press is an RL1050 in 40. Set up second one yesterday, RL1050 in super. The clutch has not needed any adjustment yet, but I have not actually put components in it yet.

Only one RL1050 and a Super 1050 left. Only thing really slowing me down is the bench needs modification to be able to mount everything. See the reloading bench at Dawson Precision in the loading bench thread to see what I mean.

Oh also added a switch and a micro switch to make them run automatically, but shut down when the primers run out.

Pictures to follow when everything gets cleaned up and looks good.

Set-up on third machine was a snap. RL 1050 in 9mm.

Edited by Huston in Austin

My machine is a super1050. It was not real difficult to setup and I did have to make adjustments past 1/2 inch which I consider a "minor" adjustment. I guess I am just use to adjusting things to get things to work for me. I can't really remember anything that I can take out of the box and have work perfect right away other than those toys I get in my box of frosted flakes and my Dawson Guns :)

• 1 month later...

How is Automated Reloading Press Kit by P/W working?

How many rounds you have already loaded for it?

Any problems?

I hope that they start making it for Europen markets if it works ok. I hope to have one.

HOLLY CRAP!!!!! I just found out about this thing about 15 minutes ago by accident and figured I would post something here. Looks like I've been out to lunch for quite some time. LOL So how is this thing working for everyone? I'm thinking of ordering one of these ASAP. I already have a super 1050 with a bullet feeder but this brings it to a whole new level.

Please let me know the pros and cons of this thing.

Pete

HOLLY CRAP!!!!! I just found out about this thing about 15 minutes ago by accident and figured I would post something here. Looks like I've been out to lunch for quite some time. LOL So how is this thing working for everyone? I'm thinking of ordering one of these ASAP. I already have a super 1050 with a bullet feeder but this brings it to a whole new level.

Please let me know the pros and cons of this thing.

Pete

Pete,

The unit works very well. I really don't worry about it at all. It sure is a nice addition to my reloading. Very reliable and dependable. I can't really think of any cons.

• 3 months later...

I haven't been here a week and you guys are killing me. Waiting to order a KISS bullit feeder, and now I may have to order a 1050 and this thing. LOL

Has anyone used this for rifle calibers like 223,or 308?

• 4 months later...
Set mine up today. A little disapointed on their quality control. Two out of the 3 crew heads were snapped off the fan cover and the third was bent and mangled. The control box had a shorter cable than the one matt has because I cannot put mine on the right side of machine. This was put on a RL1050. Matts must have been a super 1050 because the linkage is different on mine. It took us about 6 hours to get it set up right. Oh and you have to supply your own power cord. We had to tighten the slip mechanism up a lot more than I thought that should be needed. Did you guys find the same thing. I have a egw undersize die and that seemed to be a part of the problem.

I setup mine today and have some problems with the EGW undersize die, its stops the machine. I guess I have to be more careful in preparing my brass. I've only just set it up, so we'll se how it goes, it does look promising.

I had an Autodrive on my Super 1050 for a short time reloading 9mm.

There was a problem in either the Autodrive unit or in my Super 1050. Excessive flex somewhere was causing incomplete stroking. No amount of adjustment or tech support from P/W (which was great) would fix the problem.

I spent about 16 hours working on the issue. I am an engineer and part of my daily job routine is adjusting/operating electric crimp presses.

The Autodrive flat out did not work properly so I sent it back. P/W credited me in full. The guys at P/W are stand up fellas and go the extra mile to help.

YMMV

Edited by boomfab