Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Norman Lee has left the farm.

MattBurkett

Norman Lee, one of the best, toughest and hardest working people I have ever been blessed to know has finally got to take a vacation. He leaves behind a legacy that is to be envied by nearly anyone. A few years ago I had watched "Things to do in Denver when your dead". I flew to ND and interviewed my grandparents. If anyone is interested the footage is below. I highly recommend doing this for your older family members. You will highly cherish it when the time comes.

http://burkettvideo.com/lee/G&GLEE.wmv

Between my Mom and my Grand Parents, they are to blame for my shooting career. :-) Only God knows how many rounds of .22 I used to shoot out on the farm whacking blackbirds. Grandma used to get me to stop bothering her by give me a brick of .22 ammo in the morning.

I miss those days of youth and I miss my Grandpa.

Matt Burkett

I'm sorry to hear that your Grand Dad is no longer here Matt but I'll bet that he's doing just fine where he is now. It sounds like you had a great time with him. I lost both of mine when I was very young and I envy you the wonderful relationship you obviously had with him. Take care.

I am so very sorry, Matt...BUT..it is wonderful that you had such a great man to look up to all these years! Some people never have that...Remember the really good times, those memories never leave you.

Mine and Rods prayers and thoughts are with you...If we can do anything...

Cheryl

Norman Lee, one of the best, toughest and hardest working people I have ever been blessed to know has finally got to take a vacation. He leaves behind a legacy that is to be envied by nearly anyone. A few years ago I had watched "Things to do in Denver when your dead". I flew to ND and interviewed my grandparents. If anyone is interested the footage is below. I highly recommend doing this for your older family members. You will highly cherish it when the time comes.

http://burkettvideo.com/lee/G&GLEE.wmv

Between my Mom and my Grand Parents, they are to blame for my shooting career. :-) Only God knows how many rounds of .22 I used to shoot out on the farm whacking blackbirds. Grandma used to get me to stop bothering her by give me a brick of .22 ammo in the morning.

I miss those days of youth and I miss my Grandpa.

Matt Burkett

Ditto Buddy..... I miss mine too!!!! B)

Sorry to hear this, Matt ..... but cherish the time you had with him. I never knew either one of my grandpas. But I spent alot of time with my grandma when I was growing up, and I miss her dearly now.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I flew to ND and interviewed my grandparents. If anyone is interested the footage is below. I highly recommend doing this for your older family members. You will highly cherish it when the time comes.

Bro,

my thoughts are with you.

My father loved to write, he was always writing short stories, poetry, etc. I often asked him to capture his childhood and his time in the military so that it would not be lost. He never did and now all I have to remember are the few things he talked about from time to time.

I wish I would have done what you did. You will treasure it more as time goes by.

Bob

Thanks to everyone. Up in Minot, ND and have been tasked with doing the memorial slideshow. Wow, going through those photo's has brought back memories. It's going to be a long week.

I am kind of thrown on one thing. I don't know whether to film some of the services or not. Maybe ask people what there fondest memories of him were or something? Any ideas or is it best not to do anything.

Take care all and take a moment to call those that have touched your life. You never know when they won't be around anymore.

Matt

Sorry to hear that, but be glad you had the time to know them - I never knew my grandparents as they died before I was born. Every kid should get to know at least one grandparent as it can give you a real perspective on life it's hard to get from anyone else.

Sorry for your lose Matt, I just lost my Granddad this year as well who was also the person that taught me to shoot among countless other things I learned from him.

You and your family are in our thoughts.

I am very sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your grandparents with us.

My grandmother is 93 and my mom asked me last week if I would be willing to do the eulogy when the worst occurs. I have to say I feel a little unequal to the task. How does one summarize a life like that in 10 minutes? Your video has given me some ideas.

Thank you,

Jack

I am very sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your grandparents with us.

My grandmother is 93 and my mom asked me last week if I would be willing to do the eulogy when the worst occurs. I have to say I feel a little unequal to the task. How does one summarize a life like that in 10 minutes? Your video has given me some ideas.

Thank you,

Jack

Jack,

Thanks and best of luck for your upcoming task. I would suggest reading "Speaker for the Dead" by Orson Scott Card. Other than being a fantastic book it may give you a few ideas.

Take care,

Matt

Matt,

I lost my grandparents early in life and wish I could watch a video like that or a video of all of my aunts and uncles/parents talking about them. If you are uncomfortable taping at the service, maybe you could do it afterwards. Assuming that you have some sort of dinner, etc. with the whole family after the service. I know in the past when I have attended funerals of family members that seems to be a good time to go over fond memories.

Sorry for your loss.

Eric

Matt,

I lost my grandparents early in life and wish I could watch a video like that or a video of all of my aunts and uncles/parents talking about them. If you are uncomfortable taping at the service, maybe you could do it afterwards. Assuming that you have some sort of dinner, etc. with the whole family after the service. I know in the past when I have attended funerals of family members that seems to be a good time to go over fond memories.

Sorry for your loss.

Eric

Eric,

That is a great idea. Everyone should be a little more relaxed and more reflective.

Thanks,

Matt