Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Norman Lee has left the farm.

MattBurkett

Matt, my prayers for you and your family. Sounds like the world is a poorer place....

A few years ago I gave my father's eulogy. I've been to other family funerals and it pained me to hear a preacher talk about someone they didn't know. Not sure how I made it through but I spoke about my father's strengths, how considering them made me a better man, and reminded the living that they still have the abiilty to do good for others.

While pleasent memories will help family and friends in the grieving process, consider that right now you have a chance to expand your grandfather's already awesome legacy. Don't just remember, but challenge yourself and others to be more like your grandpa. Challenge the world to be a better place because of the examples we've been given.

Leam

I know your hurt. I lost my Grandparents years ago. I think of them every day. "Granpa" taught me to love guns. I still have all of his guns. I lost my Mother last July. I was able to keep a promise I made to her years ago. She wanted to die in my arms. My Dad is now 88. He was a WWII fighter pilot. They truly are the "Greatest Generation". We can't hold a candle to them.

Norman Lee, one of the best, toughest and hardest working people I have ever been blessed to know has finally got to take a vacation. He leaves behind a legacy that is to be envied by nearly anyone. A few years ago I had watched "Things to do in Denver when your dead". I flew to ND and interviewed my grandparents. If anyone is interested the footage is below. I highly recommend doing this for your older family members. You will highly cherish it when the time comes.

http://burkettvideo.com/lee/G&GLEE.wmv

Between my Mom and my Grand Parents, they are to blame for my shooting career. :-) Only God knows how many rounds of .22 I used to shoot out on the farm whacking blackbirds. Grandma used to get me to stop bothering her by give me a brick of .22 ammo in the morning.

I miss those days of youth and I miss my Grandpa.

Matt Burkett

Matt,

Are condolences go out to you and your family. Sorry for your loss.

Speed Shooter International

Thank you all for your support. The service went as well as can be expected. BTW I did do some after interviews about him, most had significant resistance until I actually got them to sit down then they just let a bunch of stories go. Not an easy thing to do on either end, but, I think it was worth it. I am not sure if I will ever be able to edit the footage. I just know that I have it.

There were around 250 people at the service. Pretty amazing for a town that only has a population of about 130 now. Hell of a guy and I hope to live up to the standard he set.

Thanks again and take care all and I hope to see you at a match sometime.

Matt