Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Tap CHAMPIONSHIP 2009

Diana..great video..

the weather looked to be a challenge..

but its always a good time at DTC..sorry I had to miss this one..

"A challenge". Nice way of putting it. It was damned near impossible for an old fart like me to function by mid-afternoon. Got lazy about cleaning mags and the gun and malfunctions resulted, to add to the dificulty of shooting while shivering..... but I acheived my goal of finishing, undoubted last.

But it was a beautifully run and executed match, I would like to go again when the weather is not so Mars-like.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really great match. Great stages, great RO's, great shooters on our squad (10), smooth flow, great mud, freezing cold, great challenge. I'd only like to have one stage back, the cave. Shot first three targets with one foot outside of area A, what can I say it was dark in there. Will do it again.

Terry

Another massive kudos to the RO's and staff. You guys are great. I'm amazed at how well this match went on Friday. It was done well for a regular match that had no weather issues. And to say we just had weather issues on Friday is a huuuugge understatement.

I also hope (in the friendliest way) that the weekenders get 5" of rain with maybe a couple inches of snow too. Just to be kinda fair since you guys get to spread it over two days. :roflol:

Chris

Good video Gaminggoddess :cheers:

Now I can see what I missed at this years match (including the weather for sure).

Hope no one suffered frostbite as I sure would have in 30 degree weather :wacko::blink:

All of you shooters are a tough bunch and wish you all the best.

B)B)

I froze my azz off today!

My toes were numb and my goosebumps were so big they hurt just rubbing against my thermal underwear.

At some point the sun did come out and the sky turned blue but by then my lips were blue and the cold wind whipped right through every layer I had on.

The stages were great...fast and furious!

Thanks to the RO's who tirelessly froze right along with us.

Gawd I hope it warms up tomorrow! B)

It was a challenge for sure.

I am glad I had the opportunity to shoot other big matches with inclement weather; Im sure It helped me some.

wheres the first place I might see the results? Does Robert upload em to uspsa's match results page?

Bad news, it will be about 34 degrees when we start shooting in the morning.

Good news, it will be about 71 degrees when we finish up around 1 PM. Per the weather man, not as much wind tomorrow as we had today.

Remember, these are the same guys that told us earlier this week we would be shooting in sunny 65 degree heat today.

Bill

Yup, looks like we will be shooting in 30-40 degree weather most of today again. Hopefully we don't have the 30-40 mph winds again though! :unsure:

Our squad finshed shooting yesturday as the sun was pretty much setting and we re still one stage behind. We were waiting on the "supper squad" all day but the 2 hours of sitting after lunch really put us in a bind. They moved us to another stage only to return and wait again! All told we waited about 3-4 hours to shoot stage 12. It only took about 30 minutes for our squad to shoot the stage. 13 hour on the range was no treat, especially in those weather conditions! As of right now I will not return next year!

Oh and my camera didn't like the cold and I had unresolvable difficulties. It only worked for the first two stages or so...:(

Edited by Rocket35

Shawn, are you sure you are glad to be done with Wookies? I understand their coats and keep you nice and warm!

Man I love me some Wookies but I like my girl too much to go back!Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

30F??!!?!?!?!

I may not wear the Hawaiian shirt now... :angry2:

the super squad certainly presented some issues yesterday. Don't take it out on Robert or the Match. Go to that squad and address it with them. I think mother nature just wanted not to be left out in the cold. hehe.

FYI, only 2 people left on Friday, not the hoards mentioned here.

Edited by shootingchef

the super squad certainly presented some issues yesterday. Don't take it out on Robert or the Match. Go to that squad and address it with them. I think mother nature just wanted not to be left out in the cold. hehe.

Seeing as though 6 left our squad, I think the earlier numbers are pretty accurate! There were at least two squads that ended with 3 shooters.

Edited by mike_pinto

Seeing as though 6 left our squad, I think the earlier numbers are pretty accurate! There were at least two squads that ended with 3 shooters.

On Friday my squad started with 3 shooters. We did a lot of waiting all day. But it is kind of interesting to go first on 5 stages in one day.

Edited by austinkroe

Limited - TT, Manny 2nd

Open - Lesgar Murdock, some guy named Dave 2nd

Production - Yong Lee (in the Friday mess :surprise:)

Single Stack - Roger Sherman

L10 - David Elderton

BTW - I was on said "super" squad. Let me assure you, those of you affected by the delays on stage 12 were not the only frustrated folks with that situation <_< I'd be happy to explain what went on, but not typing on my iPhone ;) I cannot tell you how grateful I am to the ROs who were there with us until 8:30 to get us through our allotted stages on Saturday!

Edited by XRe

BTW - TT shot on Friday in the mess, too! Manny shot the whole match in a half day on Thursday!?!? Henning placed in Limited, too, but I can't remember where....

Production - Yong Lee (in the Friday mess :surprise:)

When I heard about the weather down there, I knew Yong had his Division on lock down. We've been shooting in those conditions for the past couple of months. He shoots in those conditions for club matches. :roflol:

That's two in a row for Yong at DTC. :cheers:

Scores are up on the The Double Tap Ranch Web Sight as of 8:30pm Sunday Night. All except SSTK will post them in the Morning. I am Really tired.

Thanks To all that came and Shoot in some of the Worst weather we have had. The First three years have been Pretty good weather starting a bit chilly and warming into the mid 70's. Was 80+ degrees for the three weeks before the match this year AND we are in drought conditions. Go figure.

Robert