Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Tap CHAMPIONSHIP 2009

Aside for my 2 malfunctions on the very first stage (2 extractor failures) that cost me 19 seconds, and the hammer follow on stage 13.....I had a blast at this match!!!!

Squad 22 was the hardest working squad I have ever been on, EVER!!

It was great to meet Kevin Gentry, James Ong, Billy Kwan, Matthew Leong, Lilly Chang and it was nice to see Frank and Jenny once again. It was a GREAT time!!!

I was prepared for this years weather possibillites, and it paid off.

BIG thanks to the staff that put this match on. You all need to get your pay trippled for next year!!!!

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I need help finding the scores....when I click the tab on the DTR website it doesn't have the 2009 scores... :unsure:

You don't suppose the link that says "

RESULTS FOR THE 2009 DOUBLE TAP CHAMPIONSHIP CLICK HERE " might be it, do you??? :)

Dave I thought they would be here:

http://www.doubletapranch.com/ipsc_home_page.html

My fault for thinking that there was only one website for the DTR... :lol: But thanks for the link...I will be pouring over the results tonight at work. Looks like a couple of stages where I had thumb safety issues and stage 13 eat my lunch! Oh well, at least I know what I did wrong.

This was a fun match despite the weather...but alot of waiting in the cold really put a damper on the experience of enjoyment. I am not sure what if anything can be done about that with as many people attended. But eliminating the dark house issues of stage 12 will probably go a long way to helping smooth things out. ;) Although it was a fun and very innovative stage! We left the range about 8:15 pm on Saturday. And trust me, we waited for about 4 hours to shoot stage 12...although it wasn't all squad 21's fault, we still waited waaay too long.

Even though we had 5 stages to shoot on Sunday, we were one of the first squads done with the match. Kudos for the staff accomodating us on Sunday! :cheers: They are some hard working folks out there in TX and want to make sure that it is know and that I do appreciate all there tireless efforts and dedication.

And it was also nice to see how well the staff supported their sponsors of the match. I will remember these companies when I spend my hard earned dollars in the future!

Edited by Rocket35

Kudos again to Robert and all the hard working ranch hands. Another historic and challenging match.

Squad 17 was the target tapeinest, steel settinist, bunch I have had the pleasure of shooting with in some time.

OK boys and girls I have made it easy for you to show your gratitude to the many match sponsors by providing the email addresses below. You are already sweating over a hot computer so open up that mail application and go to it! Copy and past as needed, but please note, use Bcc or even better, an individual address to send your brief message to the sponsors. Suppliers are in a very stressful situation now and we need to let them know how much we appreciate them.

For everyone that tried out my open Glock I hope you will get in touch with Steave or John at Glockjockey.com (sjcguns.com)

David C

The list:

sales@dawsonprecision.com

KyTac@aol.com

info@photomotionphotography.com

service@jprifles.com

customerservice@dpmsinc.com

steve@anythingfromwood.com

info@CEDhk.com

sales@STIGuns.com

teamge@gramsengineering.com

info@starlinebrass.com

bullets@bulletworks.com

info@sviguns.com

burkettvideo@gmail.com

precdelta@tecinfo.net

bullet@precisionbullets.com

tomfee@usshootingacademy.com

chuck@shootersconnection.com

armscor@armscor.net

eb@protechco.com

Edit to add dawson. Glock does not expose an email address to the web. Shooters connection will bounce back and give you the proper address. Chuck does not expose his address to the web so I am not going to either. The list was built using the logos below the results link. It may not be the whole enchilada but it is the resource I had handy.

Edited by geezer-lock

let me Clarify the Waiting Issue: NO SQUAD WAS SITTING AND DOING NOTHING FOR 3-4 HOURS. they were shooting other stages during that time. There was waiting, some time as long as an hour sitting. We had a slight bottle neck between stg 11 and stg 12. and was REALLY exasperated when some in squad 21 found a illegal way to shoot the back targets from the middle port only. (10.2.1) in the process shooting the power cord 3 times taking anywhere from 20-30 minutes to fix each time and then discussing the problem of why they can not do that and why they are not getting a reshoot. If you got off range at 8:15 you were on squad 21. (The RM Made them shoot their full schedule of stages) the last squad on the range sat. that I personally ran through stg 12 was done shooting at 7:18.

P.S. Go with Geezer lock send those sponsors a thank you and tell them you herad their name at least 15 times in the match (1 shooter meet, 1 awards, 13 at stages)

P.S.S. If At any match you got a Longer wait than 30min you need to make sure the Match Officials (RM or MD) knows cause we can't tell just by looking. When you got a crowd milling around it hard to tell who in what squad and who is Waiting.

Edited by scorch

I saw a few references above to how bad the weather was on Saturday. :surprise: You've got to be joking.

Absolutely nobody is allowed to cry about the weather on Saturday unless you shot all day on Friday. :ph34r:

Chris :P

We were there both days...I would gladly shoot in fridays weather ...rather than saturdays :surprise:

But both pretty well sucked for a desert dweller :roflol:

Jim

let me Clarify the Waiting Issue: NO SQUAD WAS SITTING AND DOING NOTHING FOR 3-4 HOURS. they were shooting other stages during that time. There was waiting, some time as long as an hour sitting. We had a slight bottle neck between stg 11 and stg 12. and was REALLY exasperated when some in squad 21 found a illegal way to shoot the back targets from the middle port only. (10.2.1) in the process shooting the power cord 3 times taking anywhere from 20-30 minutes to fix each time and then discussing the problem of why they can not do that and why they are not getting a reshoot. If you got off range at 8:15 you were on squad 21. (The RM Made them shoot their full schedule of stages) the last squad on the range sat. that I personally ran through stg 12 was done shooting at 7:18.

P.S. Go with Geezer lock send those sponsors a thank you and tell them you herad their name at least 15 times in the match (1 shooter meet, 1 awards, 13 at stages)

Not for 3-4 hours straight no, but 2 hours until we were moved to stages 1&2 and then another hour to hour and a half waiting once we were sent back to shoot stage 12. Not to mention the 20-30 minutes between stages 9-10-11....But to disregard that we waited a lot on Saturday would be foolish. The RM mentioned that he was aware of our waiting as were many of the RO's and all were gracious enough to "feel" our pain.

I shot stage 11 at 1:47pm and then we were moved to stage 1 from stage 12. I shot stage 1 at 4:57pm and shot stage 12 at 8:15pm :surprise: This is according to the time wrote on my score sheets by the RO's...

Edited by Rocket35

Link to scores is above. The weather on Thursday was superb. Something like sunny and hot-ish. The weather on Friday was a dramatic change - rain, cold, wind. By cold, I mean 30s. Saturday started even colder (28 degrees) with 25-30 mph sustained wind, and gusts to 50. Never got warmer than low 40s during the day. Sunday was much better - started out around 33-34 degrees, and warmed into the lower 70s, with nowhere near as much wind until after the match...

Oooh! Oooh! Oooh! I wanna complain about the untolerable waiting I expierenced at DTR. I was unfairly forced to wait for over an hour while the 20+mph winds were driving the pouring down rain darn near sideways. The nerve of the weather, holding us up like that. I mean, really. Ugh. Doesn't that violate rule 141.70.001 ?

Did you know that approximately 35 grown men plus gear can huddle under ONE of those tarps that were erected on Friday...?

Zerwas

Are trying to justify why you go beat by a girl? :)

Oh no, especially from THAT lady, especially under the conditions that she shot.

I just suck.

This is just not true - Steve shot a great match with some really fast times - it was unfortunate that his gun puked on him on a couple of runs otherwise he would have been much higher in the results. Go get um Steve!!!

I also wanted to congratulate all of the Division, Class, and Category winners. You guys and gals did a great job in performing that well.

I want to make a special congratulations to Nick Neel, I did not see him shoot, but his scores and finish as top A open was outstanding.

Nick, Welcome to Master Class !!!!

I hope you make it to New Mexico in June for the High Desert Classic.

Congratulations to Lesgar Murdock, the overall champion. This is a very promising shooter out of Jamaica; I hope he goes from strength to strength..!! :cheers:

Also congrats to all other winners and participants (including ground staff).. Manny lost another close one..Manny, I feel your pain.. :mellow:

as for the weather, toughen up guys!!!!

Congratulations to Lesgar Murdock, the overall champion. This is a very promising shooter out of Jamaica; I hope he goes from strength to strength..!! :cheers:

Also congrats to all other winners and participants (including ground staff).. Manny lost another close one..Manny, I feel your pain.. :mellow:

as for the weather, toughen up guys!!!!

LOL am I the only one that finds it hilarious that the guy who shot the match the best... (high overall), with all that bad cold weather, is from Jamaica. I bet there has never been weather like we had on Saturday in Jamaica... :)

Way to go Robert. I really enjoyed the match, it was a good one to try to break my hiatus and get back shooting....

Especially liked Stage 13, talk about a hoser... :)

This was my second big match and it was a lot of fun. To the competitors and RO's that participated on Friday all I can say is that you guys are super hero's in my book. We drove in on Friday and got to the range at about 1 - 2 PM and the weather conditions were horrible. Sideways rain, Cold Wind, and sloppy muddy conditions. The video that gamingoddess put together makes it look like the weather wasn’t that bad, it was pretty bad in person and it really does not show up on video. We checked out the stages for about 45 minutes and were chilled to the bone, I can't imagine how the shooters felt after being out there all day. These guys and gals were tuff cookies for sure to stick it out on Friday.

On Saturday it was cold and windy but no rain so I was more bearable. Being from Colorado and shooting through the winter the cold shooting conditions didn’t affect me much, but I felt bad for the Jamaican shooter on our squad as he was out of his element in the weather conditions. Sunday was great weather and by the second stage of the day it was T-Shirt weather and the overall moral was up.

Huge thanks to the RO's and staff of the event for putting on a great match. I had a great time and will be back again next year for sure!! Thanks to all for putting in a great effort to make a fun and entertaining match.

BRUTAL is the best description for this years 2 Tap. this was my first big match and boy was the weather terrible! hats off to everyone that shot the match on friday. i was there maybe an hour before i had enough. there is no way you can train or prepare for those conditions. saturday wasn't much better but at least it was dry.

MUCH KUDOS to the RO's and staff i don't know how you made it through and kept professional while doing it!!!! GREAT JOB

robert needs to send out "i survived 2 Tap '09" patches or t-shirts for for all that were there.

Rocket, those times on your score sheet could be correct, but don't necessarily reflect how long your squad waited. You could have been one of the first shooters on stage 11 and one of the last on stage 1 and that would have been two hours. (each squad was scheduled at an hour per stage.) Not saying you did not have to wait and THIS IS NOT TYPICAL of the Double Tap Championship (check older post or anyone on this forum that has shot here before) To Steve Menzik's credit He BECAME RM only one day before the Match. Cause the RM that told use he would make it Canceled at the last minute because of a job related issue.Steve had NEVER been an RM before so it was sort of a tag team event with me and him. When we found out about this problem, you notice we got things moving VERY quickly. My apoligies to all that had to wait on the squad ahead of them. THIS WAS NOT A MATCH SCHEDULE OR LAYOUT ISSUE. These things sometimes happen and the Weather did not help, folks slow down when they are COLD!

Edited by scorch

I RO'd the match, and thought Friday, as an RO, was the worst day because of the wet and wind. We bagged, unbagged, had bags fly off to Corpus/Shreeveport(?), taped, retaped, and re-targeted until the end of the day. This was the first match I've ever attended, that had this much wind with moisture on top of it.

I didn't hear a single complaint all day about the targets, bagged or not. We had to put up new targets in the middle of one squad because the targets on the SW side of the bay got misted and we couldn't get the tape to stick. Members of the squad pitched in and helped us get going again. Self preservation and wanting to get the heck out of Dodge? I dunno, but the help was appreciated.

We also had some great help with the score sheets. Friday, it became apparent pretty early that the score keeper would have their hands full with the wind and cold hands while trying to keep up with the score sheets. We asked that the squads provide someone to hand the next shooters score sheet to the score keeper, take the scored sheet to the box, and keep the squad updated on the next few shooters. It worked great and kept things moving along. We only had one score sheet blow over the berm. We had the carbon for back-up but later found the top copy.

I'd like to thank the shooters for all the help in keeping the squad moving, being patient, and understanding that we were all at the mercy of the elements. Hats off to Porter and his staff for taking care of the RO's, and another great match.

Edited by simonsay