Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Tap CHAMPIONSHIP 2009

As far as the pin depth dictating how fast the windows were closed we had a similar problem on stage 11 with the drop turners. One time they were set with the cotter key shoved all the way in and the next time it was set shallow. I suggested to the RO that the cotter key be cut so it was only 3/8" long (instead of 1-1/2"). Then the key could be pushed in to the loop and only 1/4" would be inserted when anybody reset the turners giving every shooter the same time frame. The process would take about a minute with a pair of sidecutters. The RO explained that he did not set the stage up and was just running it. Not that big of a problem as the target appeared twice but a minute to fix the problem?

CYa,

Pat

Edited by whatmeworry

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Scorch has it right.

The way I looked at it was like running by a target, your choice.

Shoot the steel when and were you want, and as far as the shoot targets, they are not going anywhere, shoot them as you see fit .

If they the shoot targets, (wide open targets) are not available to shoot, you The SHOOTER determined when you shot them and when you shot the poppers.

The same effect is had by saying that you can not retreat uprange to shoot a target you have run by . and suddenly remembered.

OOPS you are screwed. You missed them and you can not go back.

It was a fun stage, I LIKED IT AND HOPE TO SEE MORE LIKE IT .

Good Job by Scorch and the match crew.

Many ways to shoot it , Risk and reward , Figure it out.

Cutting the Cotter pin to 3/8" would not have given it enough length to have enough tension on the stand against the strong wind, to have it work Consistently. If there was a difference in time, it was the WIND blowing against the target and not the time it took the 1/2" of cotter pin to clear the Stand as the popper fell. Also how and where the popper was hit will make a difference. Low and they fell over slower, Hit High they fell over faster. Hence pulling the Pin out faster or slower.

Piper Thanks! But I am just trying to convey what John told me.

Edited by scorch

All the trophies that where not picked up at the match went out today. Should be 3-6 days till you get them. congrats to the winners. shirts for those who did not get them are at the Printers and will be ready sometime end of next week.

Edited by scorch

Is anyone else surprised that DTR didn't count as a classifier since it was a Level II match & had plenty of GMs? Specifically in Limited.

I was just surprised this morning when the classifiers updated and DTR didn't show up in my Limited list.

Is anyone else surprised that DTR didn't count as a classifier since it was a Level II match & had plenty of GMs? Specifically in Limited.

I was just surprised this morning when the classifiers updated and DTR didn't show up in my Limited list.

I am sure Scorch will reply to this but, in the past the DTRC has not gone in immediately but will show up next month.

Yupp! exactly! did not get in before the deadline. should show up next month. It's interesting that this comes up. We attended the BOD meeting in Dallas and this came up. I asked how this was determined and it is all subjective to Dave Thomas looking at the match and the Amount and QUALITY of the GM's Shooting the match and weather they lived up to there shooting abilities at the match as to weather or not they use it as a classifier. Dave told me that the DTC should be used. it always has in the past.

Edited by scorch