Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Tap CHAMPIONSHIP 2009

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Look out Paul, I'm going to Waco in order to get trigger time while waiting to play at 2Tap. :roflol: I gotta chase dot!!! I can't wait to try and hit something while trying to out roll a 5 foot super ball that wants to bounce me out of the way. I am not looking forward to shooting with "hand condoms" though. :angry2:

Bill

It is with a heavy heart and MUCH deliberation with all of the RO's, that we have to take out the 5 foot Rubber ball on stage 5. It has been REAL windy in Texas as of late and the wind made the rolling of the Ball very inconsistent. when we added water to the inside the ball, even with it being real thick rubber it deformed at the bottom and and created so much friction on the track it would not roll at all. We then decide to have the Competitor Push the ball up the track and ended up with the same Problem, with the wind blowing it back, Even after building a Huge Tent (45 foot by 8 ') over the Track and covering it with traps (which by the way just ripped up by the end of the day) and still did not fix the problem completely. we had a few suggestion of other things we could do (IE: build a sled and power pull the ball,) but we are out of time to build any complected machinery. We tried something and this one time it did not work well. We are talking about fiberglassing the ball and bring this back next year. My apologies to all, we were really looking forward to shooting this stage the way intended.

On a brighter Note: the Dark House, the Snake Stage and the Tethered stage. ROCKS!

We were looking forward to that stage with both anticipation and dread. But you did the right thing if it wasn't going to

work consistantly. It would be a major headache throughout the match. Great idea though and hopefully the glitches

can be worked out to bring it back for next year.

Four more days until the match of the year.

Craig

It sucks when the weather does not cooperate and messes up stage props. But, to be totally honest, that was the only stage in the match that I have been really worried about. On one side it would be fun to experience a stage like that, but on the other side its a little intimidating to have to shoot a stage like that during a big match. Either way, I am sure you guys will make it fun and I am really looking forward to shooting the match.

Robert,

Thanks for taking the ball out of the stage. I am sure what ever you guys will come up with will be cool. Could you post any adjustments to the stage so we can digest the changes when you have time.

Thanks

Jerry

Why wait? The boulder could debut at 2009 Area 4 :devil: How about it, shootingchef?

Robert had built a steel pipe frame for the ball to roll on, and the ball, besides being expensive was fun to play with. The frame might be salvageable. We'll see.

Darn...how about using a real boulder? That way the wind doesn't blow it in weird directions and it give us more incentive to run like our life depended on it :roflol:. Like the others said, totally support the hard decision...and it doesn't change my opinion that this is going to be the greatest match of the year!

I shot with the ROs on Saturday. Y'all are in for a treat. Yes, the cave, the snakes, the tether stages are all cool, and this match is a treat.

At the risk of coaching anyone :closedeyes:, here's some sage advice: clean your gun and mags, keep your gun covered, and keep it clean. I'm not saying the red dirt gets everywhere, but it got everywhere I could see without a mirror and/or flashlight. :blink:

I'm your CRO on Stage 1. Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend.

jr

Thank you guys for t he understanding, it was a tough decision........ WAIT! a real boulder? Hmmmm. Tying you to the BALL what a great Idea, Shuan!

........NOT!

Edited by scorch

So, now that the boulder is gone, how were all you gamers out there going to "game" the stage? I haven't put much thought into it, just thought I'd figure it out on the fly...but I would still like to know.

I won't tell anyone... :ph34r:

You may not want to answer my question though. Just in case they figure out a way to make it work...which I'm sure Robert will!

I'm really looking forward to the match this year. I don't know how it could top last years DTC but I know it will.

So, now that the boulder is gone, how were all you gamers out there going to "game" the stage? I haven't put much thought into it, just thought I'd figure it out on the fly...but I would still like to know.

Anyone who already had a plan to game it is a fool... (and I mean that in the kindest, most loving way possible :lol:) You don't know anything about the course of fire (except round count, and a rough procedure) until you see it live, in person, and get the WSB... ;)

We had some thoughts around it based on the speed of the ball, distance to the first target, etc - a lot of that changed after I pointed out to Robert that, if the first target is close, and all targets are deemed disappearing, I'm likely to hammer the first target or two, and scoot, leaving the rest, and giving myself something to the tune of a 15 HF. A longer distance to the first target, and the last target being non-disappearing changed things up in that regard. All you're left with is determining how many points you can accumulate in the time the ball gives you - the quick guys are probably outrunning the ball the whole way, so it becomes a question of shooting the stage clean. Slower guys, it might pay off to skip a window or something....

Another interesting twist would've been to make it a Fixed Time course, if they could've gotten the ball working correctly. Then, you have to pick up points - you can't do the "shoot one, scoot" plan. The guy who wins is the one with the most points at the end, so... ;)

It was an ambitious prop, no doubt. I'm sure Robert will figure it out at some point ;)

We will be working on it this year after the Match. Going to Try to work all the Bugs out of it and Bring it Back for the "FLINTSTONES " Theme of next year. ( lots of Rock Stuff Next year)

The Darn Ball was $230.00. so to spend that much money on it you Know I wanted to to do this stage BAD. (had it designed for 10+ Years)

Stage is still there and Will be Shot Differently then Intended