Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Tap CHAMPIONSHIP 2009

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eric, Those were some mighty fine shorts you were wearing, someone needed to take pics. :D

Neal in AZ

Hello: It was not that bad Sunday afternoon :roflol: I even brought out the urban tactical shorts. I would like to thank all the RO's and staff for there fine work and dedication. I would also like to thank all the guys of squad 23 and the one lady. It was a real pleasure shooting with all of you. Sorry, I can't remember all your real names or your Enos family names. I also want to thank the single stack guys for the great competition and now I know what I need to work on :cheers: It was a fun match with some different stages. Thanks, Eric

I've been lusting after one of Steve's trophies since '06, so I was obviously siding with Steve in the discussion :lol:

Now if we could convince Robert on how my name is pronounced... :lol: :lol: :cheers:

That was one sweet trophy Dave. Any chance you could post a picture of it so those not in attendance can see what a great job they did on it?

:cheers: I do wish I had been at Double Tap on Sunday to see Dave XRe get his trophy. Nice :cheers:

Heh heh... You also missed the "discussion" between Menzik and Porter as to whether I actually got that trophy :lol: Robert was lost on his sheet as far as the trophies went, and didn't realize he was at "HOA Open" (HOA in each division gets one of Steve's trophies, as does the HOA Match guy).

I've been lusting after one of Steve's trophies since '06, so I was obviously siding with Steve in the discussion :lol:

Now if we could convince Robert on how my name is pronounced... :lol: :lol: :cheers:

Congrats Dave... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:cheers: Thank you guys for all the great thoughts about the match and yes we will figure out something to take the place of the cave. Enough said about the rest, S&^$*%$T happens. Just hope everyone comes back. And no there was no signifigant cranial event. lack of sleep and Broncitus will do that to you. Stockton will always be a pain in the A^*$^, but will always be welcome on the range. I will continue to give him crap.

I am dying to know how Lesgar got that awesome trophy on the plane back to Jamaica - is it legal to have a bullwhip in your carry on bag?? :surprise:

Great job on the trophies again, Steve, and for keeping us all in line. Hope you're feeling better!

Eric, Those were some mighty fine shorts you were wearing, someone needed to take pics. :D

Neal in AZ

Hello: It was not that bad Sunday afternoon :roflol: I even brought out the urban tactical shorts. I would like to thank all the RO's and staff for there fine work and dedication. I would also like to thank all the guys of squad 23 and the one lady. It was a real pleasure shooting with all of you. Sorry, I can't remember all your real names or your Enos family names. I also want to thank the single stack guys for the great competition and now I know what I need to work on :cheers: It was a fun match with some different stages. Thanks, Eric

I don't know what was worse, those shorts or Craig's kilt.

Something that maybe no other person saw, but I want to make mention of:

Special thanks to Jim Lambert for offering to lend an open gun and provide ammo to one of the shooters who had a problem with his gun. The young man got his gun running but had 2 back up guns available from Jim.

Thank you sir. Such generousity will always be remembered.

Great sport, great people.

Jerry

Found the Guy that lost the Mag and The Guy that lost his gun in the Porta Potties

Okay, come on. This has got to be a great story. Give it up. Who lost their gun in the porta pottie and who the hell got it out?

BTW, I don't care how bad the weather was. I still intend to go next year. I always liked the Flintstones. :D

Chris

I think a guy walked off and left the pistol in the john...came back later looking....also heard it was a DQ

This may or may not be true...just what I was told.

Jim

yep, that's what happened....

Damn, that's too bad. I thought some poor guy dropped it in the muck.

Chris

The above didn't come out right. It's too bad he got DQ'd. It's not that I was hoping he dropped it in the muck. (Although, that would have been a better story).

(Although, that would have been a better story)

Used to be, a gun dumped in the porta-potty was almost a yearly occurrence at the Nationals :)

Hey, the guy made a really bad choice (that is, handling a gun outside of a safe area) and he got burned for it. He should've known better, and did it to himself. Its not too bad he got DQ'ed, its absolutely proper! Too bad is when crap happens, and a shooter slips/falls and loses control, or something like that. Someone pulling a bonehead manuever like this is just a quasi-Darwin-ism... ;)

If you have to take off your belt in "the facility", you better hit the safe area and bag up the gun first. If you don't have to take off the belt, at the very least, make sure the lid is closed as your first "inbound" action :rolleyes::lol:

I ROd the DTC again this year, and let me tell you that Friday was one of the most miserable days I can ever remember - at least Saturday was dry, though bitterly cold. As challenging as it was for the ROs and staff to be out there all day, I can't even imagine trying to shoot a match in those conditions. To the shooters who stuck it out and finished this match, my hat is off to you. :bow: The only saving grace was that despite the conditions, both shooters and staff alike were still smiling, having a good time and trying to make the best of rotten weather. That, along with getting to see old friends and meet new people, and being a part of the premier match in the US will keep me coming back year after year. Robert has once again outdone himself, I know I say that every year but he just keeps raising the bar. Congrats to all the winners, and to everyone else as well - we should all go post on the "Hell, I Was There!" thread now. See y'all next year! :cheers:

I couldnt have said it better. you guys give alot of credit to the staff. But think of what it took to actually shoot this match. My hat is off to the shooters....those that stuck it out. Robert put at LEAST 500 hrs into this match by himself. He had Steve Minsek to help out quite a bit. His normal clan in wichita falls had other commitments this year and that left most, if not all the work to only 2 dudes.....Porter and Steve Minsik. These 2 made this match possibe!!!! Especially Porter. And what a match it was. You guys and gals who stuck it out and shot the match......you have earned my respect. I was one of the RO's on stage 2. Yea the weather sucked ass. but no one complained, no one whined about setting new targets, etc. I have a lot of hobbies.....now this one is on top due to the caliber of people who make this a great sport. The Double Tap Championship 2009 will be ingrained into at least 300 shooters memories for a life time. That is what its all about. If you were one of the 300 plus to shoot this outstanding match, you have a story to tell generations to follow. Spread the word. This is a great sport!!!! You gals and guys made this match great....and a lasting memory!.....THANKS! See you next year!!!!

Jim

DTC was my first major match and I had a ball. The staff was great. I did see two guys on my squad fall but both kept the gun pointed in a safe direction with their finger off the trigger and kept going without a DQ. That cold weather shooting will be ingrained in my memory for a long time. My son was shooting with me and he was really whining on Saturday about why he paid to be that miserable but Sunday he shot well and won a range bag and forgot all about the bad weather. I'm already looking forward to next year.

I think a guy walked off and left the pistol in the john...came back later looking....also heard it was a DQ

This may or may not be true...just what I was told.

Jim

There's gotta be some good shitter jokes for that one!

Thanks for the Great Comments Jim. at least we had good weather to set the match in.

I was going to give the guy a choice of getting his gun back and staying in the Match by Dropping it in the muck and letting him retrive it. but he decide to "crap" out of the Match instead :lol:

Not really.

Thanks for the Great Comments Jim. at least we had good weather to set the match in.

I was going to give the guy a choice of getting his gun back and staying in the Match by Dropping it in the muck and letting him retrive it. but he decide to "crap" out of the Match instead :lol:

Not really.

As long as the gun had Slide Glide he could have pulled it out of the hole, wiped it off and went back to shooting. I wonder how bad it would have smoked after that! :lol: