Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Tap CHAMPIONSHIP 2009

Ok, here is a stupid question. Does your finishing result % in the Double Tap applied to your Classification? For example, the only other major match that I have participated in was the Area 2 match at Rio Salado and that result was listed on my USPSA Classification. Will this match do the same thing?

I think in the past, Open and Limited showed as classifiers but none of the other divisions.

I believe it may have been insufficient GM/M shooters in those divisons. I could be wrong.

At least for me, the only classifications that showed up for DT were when I shot Open.

Scorch may chime in and answer for sure.

Craig

Edited by spd522

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did wonder why no Revolver shooters never showed up! It would be fun watching the countless reloads!!

Now that I think about it...

Might be fun trying it with a revolver... :devil:

I'm a Revolver shooter and I will be at the match, <_< I'm just not a revolver shooter that knows to use the rite tool for the job. I will be shooting Open :ph34r: Big Stick that is

So...

We just need to try it...

We could have some fun...

If we get enough wild and crazy guys and gals with revolvers that is... :rolleyes:

If for Some Reason that the Friday Portion of the Double Tap does not fill we will rearrange some squads to fill the partial squads for efficiency reasons to make the Match flow better and to finish quicker. we will try to keep the folks together that are already in a squad. so be advised.

If you Need to, you can Send your Ammo to the Address listed on the Entry Form so you do not have to try and fly with that much ammo. We will have it at the range For you. PLEASE try to send it, so it is here about a Week before the Match around March 21st. DO NOT HAVE ME SIGN FOR IT not always here when the UPS/FED EX guy comes by.

If you Need to, you can Send your Ammo to the Address listed on the Entry Form so you do not have to try and fly with that much ammo. We will have it at the range For you. PLEASE try to send it, so it is here about a Week before the Match around March 21st. DO NOT HAVE ME SIGN FOR IT not always here when the UPS/FED EX guy comes by.

Robert,

How early would be TOO early to send ammo?

Also looking for a vendor selling primers by the case.

Those primers might make him the most popular person at the match. :)

!Might! Thats funny , I just got a smoking deal on once fired primers , But I will have to sort & box them my self :unsure:

:roflol:

!Might! Thats funny , I just got a smoking deal on once fired primers , But I will have to sort & box them my self :unsure:

I guess we will know who your friends really are when you start sharing those primers. I've got a few empty VV bottles I like to trade you.

Robert,

How early would be TOO early to send ammo?

Send any time you like, we will take it to the range when it comes in and place it in the storage container on range. Weather here has been in the upper 60's to mid 70's for almost 2 weeks, so freezing should not be a problem.

Vendors: No Dillion vendor, Barzos Customs, STI , SV, Tom at Action Shooting supply told me at the Texas limited he was coming BUT he has told me this every year and has not made it yet. Will call today.

Like to welcome our newest sponsors: Cabelas, Cheaper Than Dirt and Safariland

Edited by scorch

hahaha hahahaha hahahaha..... once fired primers........ your killing me go ahead and pass them out that way I won't have any problems winning the match :roflol:

Bigb,

on e-bay I saw a 12 year collection of clipped fingernails for sale so once fired primers might bring something.

Larry

You laugh about that. I save my spent primers when I reload and keep a magnet by them. I save them in a jar and when I sell the brass I don't reload I throw them in the box and sell them for the weight. So bring all your once fired primers to the match and I will make some money. It will give me some gambling money in vegas in April.

Well the Holiday Inn (AKA: the Inn by the Falls) is completely Booked Solid as of Feb 23 with 167 rooms.

Your Best Bet to get a room now is actually across the street at the Howard Johnson. (Number 2 on our Map on Our web Page) the phone Number is 940-766-6000. Just tell them you are with the Double Tap Championship.

If you know someone that is wanting to shoot the Match, Tell them to get their stuff in PRONTO! we only have 32 slots left for the Match, all on the FRIDAY schedule.

Pass the Word Along: that there WILL BE A PRIZE TABLE ON FRIDAY AFTERNOON FOR THE FRIDAY SCHEDULED SHOOTERS. Awards will still be Sunday and If you win a trophy/award we will mail it to you or give it to a friend to give to you. So you don't have to be present to win a division or Class. But, you must be present to pick anything off the prize table. we won't be letting folks pick stuff for others. Hence the prize table on Friday which will speed up the prize distribution on Sunday by 1/3rd.

BTW: the World Champion Limited shooter, Travis Tomasie is shooting Friday!

Edited by scorch

Official passed last year attendance today at 327.

Way to go Robert!! Put on a great match and they will come. I can't wait to go this!!

I'm so excited, I sent off my ammunition today!! (don't worry, no signature required... :cheers: ).

Vendors: No Dillion vendor, Barzos Customs, STI , SV, Tom at Action Shooting supply told me at the Texas limited he was coming BUT he has told me this every year and has not made it yet. Will call today.

Called Tom He is not coming CAN NOT get any product. His vendors are out of Stock, with everyone buying up stuff .

I shot last year on Friday (in shorts) and I loved every second of it. I will be back this year to shoot on Friday. Although, this time I will be bringing more clothes. That, and I wish my limited mags could hold more. 21 reloadable just doesn't seem like enough for this match. I even thought about intentionally shooting minor just for the mag advantage. I did win B class shooting minor (on accident) at the MO Fall Classic this year so I have thought pretty hard about it. Although I still haven't decided if 24 round mags is worth it. It may work on hoser stages so I am open to thoughts and comments.

Thanks for all of your hard work Scorch. Last years match was the best match I have ever attended and this years looks to be even better.