Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Tap CHAMPIONSHIP 2009

Wow, thats hard core setting up the stages ahead of time at your local range. The bad thing with that is what is on paper is never exactly the same as what shows up in real life. I hope that the practice does not throw you for a loop if the stages are different at the Double Tap. I don't know about others, but once you program a stage in your head its there for good. If the stages you programed are sligtly different than the real deal, then there might be trouble. At least I know I would have trouble with it. Either way, getting some trigger time on full open targets is nice.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone got any ideas on the Freakin boulder drop on stage 5? how fast? Looks to me like a lot of running and point shooting and hoping for hits else your out.

what say you?

It's the double tap, thats all you have to do, run and shoot really fast.

Don't forget the part about shooting mostly A's along the way. Not to mention, don't miss those 3 yard targets. :wacko: Its not as easy RUN and shoot really FAST and still get good hits , as people like to think.

Have fun! Wish I could be there this year.

Dam! Mr. Finney We were looking forward to seeing you again.

OK folks the SAT/ SUN SCHEDULE for the Double Tap is FULL.

WE HAVE APROX 46 SLOTS LEFT ON THE FRIDAY SCHEDULE.

The Friday schedule is shoot all stages in one day format. with half hour stage times and New this year a Prize table at the end of the day. Must be present to win.

Looked at the Video of the Club that set up our stages and they DID NOT get it quit right, I had a hard time figuring out which one was which. Stages at the Double Tap will be MUCH faster, less movement. But the club match looked like fun.

Edited by scorch

I just counted up the Limited entries for the match and it's up to 118 competitors so far. This is about 35 ahead of the next closest division at the match which is Open. This match has already surpassed the amount of Limited competitors that attended the Area 2 match at Rio Salado in 2008. Iron Sights may be ruling the roost at this match.

Edited by CHA-LEE

Looked at the Video of the Club that set up our stages and they DID NOT get it quit right, I had a hard time figuring out which one was which. Stages at the Double Tap will be MUCH faster, less movement. But the club match looked like fun.

It was a club match and not a Level 2. Like I said, it was close, but they were just not going to be putting in "as much" time and effort as you guys will for a monthly club match. They put in a lot of effort, but I'm sure your bays and everything will be a lot different and more specific to the COF's you guys came up with.

I had a lot of fun shooting it none the less and appreciate their work at the attempt of replication, they always put on a quality monthly club match. I would expect a much better quality set up for a Level 2 at the Double Tap. I hope to shoot your match in the near future. :cheers:

I also noticed that there is an increase of people shooting Production compared to last year (around 20 more!). It's great seeing that people are crazy enough to shoot PRD/SSTK in a hose-type match. I'll be one of those people who has mucho mag holders around their belt! :lol:

I just counted up the Limited entries for the match and it's up to 118 competitors so far. This is about 35 ahead of the next closest division at the match which is Open. This match has already surpassed the amount of Limited competitors that attended the Area 2 match at Rio Salado in 2008. Iron Sights may be ruling the roost at this match.

Is there anyone who is currently in Squad 18 who would be willing to switch with me?

I am in squad 25, which is also a Saturday/Sunday squad.

It would really help me out a whole bunch.

I would gladly compensate anybody who would switch with me for their trouble and inconvenience.

Thanks in advance.

FY42385

People shooting Single Stack, Production, or Limited 10 are always gluttons for punishment in the reload department. I think they like doing 3 - 4 mag changes on a stage. At least most of the stages are reload friendly for those guys. When I look at the stages most of the shooting positions are not more than 8 rounds, so most reloads could be done when moving from one shooting position to another.

be assured that it will be SS/prd Friendly Due to the Fact I am Shooting SS at the Double Tap Champ. NOT OPEN! (and I like like to reload)

Thanks for the Heads Up on the Limited Shooters MORE THAN AREA 2 thats Great. I noticed the Influx of Prod Shooters when Entering shooters into EZ win score.

We are on Track to Be the SECOND BIGGEST MATCH in the U.S. behind the Nationals for 09.

Edited by scorch

We are on Track to Be the SECOND BIGGEST MATCH in the U.S. behind the Nationals for 09.

quite an accomplishment, Robert. I'm proud to have shot every DTC and to have worked last year's and this year's. Congrats on producing a quality match, year after year!!

Ok, here is a stupid question. Does your finishing result % in the Double Tap applied to your Classification? For example, the only other major match that I have participated in was the Area 2 match at Rio Salado and that result was listed on my USPSA Classification. Will this match do the same thing?

Did it last year for me so I'm sure it will do the same thing this year.

Ok, here is a stupid question. Does your finishing result % in the Double Tap applied to your Classification? For example, the only other major match that I have participated in was the Area 2 match at Rio Salado and that result was listed on my USPSA Classification. Will this match do the same thing?

I did wonder why no Revolver shooters never showed up! It would be fun watching the countless reloads!!

Now that I think about it...

Might be fun trying it with a revolver... :devil:

I'm a Revolver shooter and I will be at the match, <_< I'm just not a revolver shooter that knows to use the rite tool for the job. I will be shooting Open :ph34r: Big Stick that is