Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is your division for 2008?

North

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of now I am getting free ammo so I'll stick with Production. When money isn't such an issue I would love to try Limited or Open. The guns just look really cool B) and being able to shoot a stage without changing mags every time you move would be nice.

I am shooting Limited this year because I made A at the end of last year so I want to see if i can actually make something out of being in this class. I am currently building an open gun so maybe next year will be my maiden run in "The Dark Side"

I bought an open gun in January and have been shooting it since then. My scores reflect it, too :surprise:

I'm getting great hits (I only dropped about 40 total points at the AL sectional) but I'm shooting way too slow. I'm told that will improve as time goes by.

After I shot my first classifier with the open gun, a long-time master class shooter walked up and said, "It's almost like cheating, isn't it!!"

What I really like is being able to shoot with both eyes open. It's amazing what you can see.

dj

As of now I am getting free ammo so I'll stick with Production. When money isn't such an issue I would love to try Limited or Open. The guns just look really cool B) and being able to shoot a stage without changing mags every time you move would be nice.

Free Ammo is what keeps me shooting Limited (luckily my dept. shoots .40) . If it wasn't for that fact, I would venture in to the Open world. I just refuse to buy a reloader and all the associated equipment when I can shoot Limited for free !!!!!!

I will be shooting Single Stack, and maybe some L10 with 10rd mags. At least until I have another Limited gun built later this year for that new red-white-black grip I just bought! ;)

I saw that you picked that grip up ROCKET! I was bummed, that would have been PERFECT with my 6"gun...........

As for me, I'm shooting both limited and open this year. I plan on attending both open and limited nationals in Tulsa in September.

I made the Florida Open and shot limited. I'll make the double tap and shoot limited. Area 3 will be a limited match for me as well. The local matches will be split 50/50 open and limited.

I like the idea of being able to get all my brass back so I am going to concentrate on Revo at the 4 Special Classifiers I can travel to this year. There is also a Steel match, a Single Stack Classic, a GSSF match and 2 conceal carry matches on the schedule so there is no single Division. Then there are 2 3 gun matches scheduled were I haven't decided on a pistol to use. There are also 4 skeet tournaments within the state I am looking at if the schedule does not conflict with pistol shooting. If I get bored on Sunday I can always go shoot skeet or trap though the trap shooters sometimes start drinking before they finish shooting.

If it goes BANG then I am interested.

There is always a lot of talk about Single Stack, but there does not seem to be much participation outside of the "Single Stack Only" matches. When given the opportunity to shoot whatever gun you want, most folks seem to choose another option.

The plan is to shoot single stack this year. Last year I hoped around between Production, Limited, Limited 10 and Single Stack, this year I am sticking with one.

I am planning out a build on a limited gun and will shoot limited next year.

Free Ammo is what keeps me shooting Limited (luckily my dept. shoots .40) . If it wasn't for that fact, I would venture in to the Open world. I just refuse to buy a reloader and all the associated equipment when I can shoot Limited for free !!!!!!

There are some .40 cal open guns out there. The dark side is calling!

Bill

It will be Open for me this year and probably beyond. My eye sight is such that to see the front iron sight in focus means that the target is just a blur. It is now much more enjoyable to shoot with a dot and be able to see both the dot and target in focus with my normal bifocals.

I still practice with my XD and .45 SS though. Who knows, I may even shoot a local match with one or the other just for the heck of it. Targets, targets? We don't need to be able to see no stinkin' targets! :rolleyes: