Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you do for a living?

Ten years in the Army. (Six and a half as a Ranger).

Got out and worked odd jobs here and there.

Four years as a Sunday school teacher for 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders. (Calvary Baptist Church, San Francisco).

Finally settled on the best job in the world - sole proprietor of a locksmith business. (Locksmith & safe technician in the San Francisco Bay Area).

Never in one place for long. How cool is that?

I was also a contributing writer for the largest seurity magazine in the US. But I hated the deadlines, I never really needed the money, and it took time away from my wife...so I dropped it like a hot potato after a year or two. (But it gave me some of the best contacts in the world)!

In Christ: Raymond

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Academy Sports and Outdoors (Team Sports) <---- hated my boss, loved to help people.

Dispatching and pushing papers for a trucking company (my dads) <---- great job, i can be late and not get yelled at :D

Current UTD student

....barely can pay for my shooting habbits but it sure beats not supporting it at all!

• 5 months later...

Oh yeah......new update......retired now....I'm now one of those over paid PERS retired folk......like Butch!! Now I'm going through a background process for the local sheriff's department to be a part-time deputy (courts & transportation). Told my wife I needed "gun" money.

I retired in 06 from USACE after 30 plus years as a Park Ranger at Flood Control Project in Midwest. Have worked as part-time LEO for 20 years to earn my gun money.. Started working for SO as Courthouse Security Officer couple of years ago to pay for my 09 Explorer.

I don't work, but I get to hang out at a pretty fun gun store every day which allows me access to a few primers, powder, bullets, and of course guns. I've got to have one of the coolest jobs on the planet and the boss is pretty awesome too! Thank God she loves me like she does!

I find, count and then write about fish, birds and bunnies, mostly in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. Just like MOG to keep a US Army Colonel out of jail.

Biologist GS-0401-12

US Army Corps of Engineers

Jacksonville District

Planning Division

Environmental Branch

Special Projects Section

:ph34r:

Things have changed since the post above... Although still with the Corps, I don't play biologist anymore. In August 2008 I was suckered to become a project manager. Lots of chasing folks to get work done, lots of responsibility, ZERO authority. Plus, not as much time to spend surfing the forum. :( But I like my job... Glutton for punishment, I guess.

• 3 months later...

I retired in 06 from USACE after 30 plus years as a Park Ranger at Flood Control Project in Midwest. Have worked as part-time LEO for 20 years to earn my gun money.. Started working for SO as Courthouse Security Officer couple of years ago to pay for my 09 Explorer.

Update to this post.. When I joined USAFR in 1975 the recruiter said "If you stay in and retire with 20 or more good years in the reserves come 2010 you'll get your first retirement check". Thought that day would never come. I'm just 24 days away from receiving that first check from Uncle Sam.

U.S. Navy for 7 years

Auto mechanic for about 10 years until the planes hit the towers and car dealers offered 0% financing. Repair business went to hell in a hand basket.

Warehouse manager at a junkyard for about 6 mos. (best boss i ever had)

Illinois D.O.C. for 7 years now

I'm a visual effects artist. I've been involved in CGi for about ten years now.

Some of the movies I've worked on were Transformers 2, Iron Man 2, Chronicles of Narnia, and 2012.

So I'm glad I found Ipsc other wise I never get sun light or interact with real people :D

Edited by carlosa

I started Consulting company about 5 years ago and have been holding fairly well so far during this economy............ We consult on streamlining the entire business process from end to end so in a slow economy we have saved several small to medium businesses that may have otherwise gone under.

Jeff