Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading Benches

Jerome Poiret

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my new bench and presses. The bench was a kit from 2 x 4 Basics. It was just over $50.00 from Amazon.com and is made using your own 2x4's and plywood. VERY easy to make and I highly recommend it.

Here is the bench and presses with all their "condoms" :huh: on:

P7022421.jpg

And here they are "bareback" ;) :

P7022423.jpg

The calibers are (left to right): .38 Supercomp/TJ, 9x21 (now .40) & 9x19.

Ok, here's an update:

First and foremost: For those of you who felt that my space was a bit too "clean", I have dirtied it up a bit. ;)

And my latest addition is a KISS feeder on the 650. Wow! This thing is amazing! After setting it up tonight I was able to load 100 rounds in less than five minutes!

2007Reloading1.jpg

2007Reloading2.jpg

2007Reloading3.jpg

-Chet

OK, I give, what is a "KISS feeder on the 650". I see the contraption but...what is it, what does it do, how much and where, and do you still like it??

OK, I give, what is a "KISS feeder on the 650". I see the contraption but...what is it, what does it do, how much and where, and do you still like it??

It takes a chunk out of your wallet but gives you more free time.

Its a bullet feeder that works great, and is well worth the price.

ap3,

All the woodworking credit goes to a buddy of mine. I served as apprentice. Thanks for the compliments, it makes my reloading time enjoyable. I do plan to pull the carpet in that room and stain the concrete. I don't like to vacuum up powder and primers.

Edited by R Lewis

It takes a chunk out of your wallet but gives you more free time.

Its a bullet feeder that works great, and is well worth the price.

Short of doing a Google search (which is how I found this forum), can you answer the other questions (cost and place to buy)?

Thanks.

Thanks in large part to the advice here, and Brian's Dillon store, here's my new 550b on it's bench. The press is strong mounted to to 1" of MDF which is clamped to the bench. If I can stand the heat this summer of loading in the garage, I'll drill the bench and mount it permanently. The blue laundry bag makes a pretty decent press cover even with the options tacked on it.

I had some extra foam sheathing after the house was resided which I used to completly line the inside of the bench to quiet the tumbler. Works great to run it over night in the garage.

bench_standby.jpg

bench_ready.jpg

Edited by bp78

Thanks in large part to the advice here, and Brian's Dillon store, here's my new 550b on it's bench. The press is strong mounted to to 1" of MDF which is clamped to the bench. If I can stand the heat this summer of loading in the garage, I'll drill the bench and mount it permanently. The blue laundry bag makes a pretty decent press cover even with the options tacked on it.

I had some extra foam sheathing after the house was resided which I used to completly line the inside of the bench to quiet the tumbler. Works great to run it over night in the garage.

Is that a Pathfinder or Frontier nose?

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I would throw pics of my bench into the mix. it took several months to build in the new house but it was the first project, ..Prioritys ya know. Oh and there are air lines and electrical outlets all along the back rail. let me know what you think.

rangephotos011om8.th.jpg

rangephotos012lr5.th.jpg

rangephotos013xu4.th.jpg

dv00017zh8.th.jpg

All settled in and good to go .50 Beowulf, 6.5 Grendel, .223, .45ACP, .357mag, .44mag, .270 win, and soon .308 win, 30-06 and 300 win.

ReloadingBench001.jpg

Kind of small working quarters, but it'll have to do for now.

Hey where did you get the cool AR model???

Angel

• 2 weeks later...
Ummm... This one's gonna be hard to top:

By popular request...

The Dawson Precision Reloading Suite B)

DawsonReload1.jpg

-Chet

I'm stuck at Dawson's in a crazy rain/thunder storm with my Jeep and no top. :angry:

So... Here's some pictures I just took of his New and Improved reloading room:

Room1.jpg

Room2.jpg

-Chet