Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading Benches

Jerome Poiret

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes for interesting COF.

Shooter starts seated in chair . On signal Load up mag turn load and engage targets through the doorway while remaining seated in chair.

Would love a setup like that.

After loading up a batch , you don't have to go very far to test out your ammo. ;)

I wonder what the purpose of the sloped countertops is. Forgetting the junk I usually store on the counter, where do you keep all your primers and bullets and such while you are in a loading session?

One thing is for certain. It shouldn't be hard to keep the bench clean :lol:

Just curious.

dj

I wonder what the purpose of the sloped countertops is. Forgetting the junk I usually store on the counter, where do you keep all your primers and bullets and such while you are in a loading session?

Bulk powder, primers and bullets are kept in the grey metal cabinets beneath the presses.

Primers and powder for loading are on the shelves behind the presses.

Bullets for loading are in the KISSs. B)

The sloped countertops is for the sole purpose of keeping spilt powder off of the work area.

Dave hates cleaning up the powder that inevitably spills (especially with 9mm Major loads), so this is his practical solution.

-Chet

Edited by DJPoLo

Bulk powder, primers and bullets are kept in the grey metal cabinets beneath the presses.

The sloped countertops is for the sole purpose of keeping spilt powder off of the work area.

Dave hates cleaning up the powder that inevitably spills (especially with 9mm Major loads), so this is his practical solution.

-Chet

Who makes those bins for the brass? They look like ACRO bins on steroids.

-Chet

They are.

They are.

Akro Bins

-Chet

Just got some more of the big red ACRO bins in. More brass to put away. Also Chet didn't get a picture or the tumbler. Although most folks call it a cement mixer. 75 lbs of corn cob media and 3 bottles of Chrome cleaner and polish are a little more than most tumblers hold. It will clean a whole lot of brass though.

Wow, every kind (and color) of Acro-bin you/I ever wanted...!!! (Not to mention the bench and adjacent range. ) Criminy. Suddenly I have a bad case of ammo lust. With primer and gunpowder sprinkles on top. :wub:

Factoid: This being the Mother of all Forum Topics, it's time to mention that it's 637 posts with 126,378 viewings. :surprise:

Approximately. :P

I am thinking that they may shoot ...a little :surprise:

Quite the set up!!

Jim

Actually, just about every gun that goes through the shop. The only ones that don't get test fired are the ones that don't get anything done to them. The customized and custom guns get shot a bunch, and I get to load most the ammo. We still need to get the radio hooked up, and the refrigerator. :-)

Edited by Huston in Austin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have been litterally looking at this thread all night. holy crap :surprise: I have to get a house with a basement. I am inspired Sig lady has shown me the light. As part of my remodel I am building a reloading room in one of my closets. I have to stop now because I am suffering from information overload. :surprise:

• 2 weeks later...
Thought I would throw pics of my bench into the mix. it took several months to build in the new house but it was the first project, ..Prioritys ya know. Oh and there are air lines and electrical outlets all along the back rail. let me know what you think.

rangephotos011om8.th.jpg

rangephotos012lr5.th.jpg

rangephotos013xu4.th.jpg

dv00017zh8.th.jpg

OK THAT IS JUST WRONG!!!!! nuff said

:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...
Ok i read about 250 posts ago about a person having a cabinet for the tumblers that is soundproof, Do they still make those eh?

Seems like I read that and is was in an old ice box or something...

That is kind of interesting and how did they make it sound proof?

• 2 weeks later...
My brother Gene and I share the reloading bench. Here's our setup.

post-1467-1135557235_thumb.jpg

post-1467-1135557264_thumb.jpg

post-1467-1135557285_thumb.jpg

Look for an article in an upcoming Front Sight on the tumbler cabinet. It's soundproofed, fan cooled so all 4 tumblers can run at once, and on a timer so that it runs at night and turns off automatically.

Here was the post maybe you can IM Nolan and get your questions answered.