Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading Benches

Jerome Poiret

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother Gene and I share the reloading bench. Here's our setup.

post-1467-1135557235_thumb.jpg

post-1467-1135557264_thumb.jpg

post-1467-1135557285_thumb.jpg

Look for an article in an upcoming Front Sight on the tumbler cabinet. It's soundproofed, fan cooled so all 4 tumblers can run at once, and on a timer so that it runs at night and turns off automatically.

Here was the post maybe you can IM Nolan and get your questions answered.

Looks like he hasn't been on the forums for quite awhile.

Ok all...

What do you use for shelving for brass, loaded rounds, bullets.. etc?

I have seen a few of these in the various pages of images here in the thread, however, I was thinking that they might hold the weight that I want them to, even if they are rated for 350#.

Another idea was a rugged design made of 2x4 and 2x3's for the shelves that I want.

What say you all? :huh:

(pics would be great as well!)

• 2 weeks later...

After looking throught the 25 pages of reloading rooms, (thanks all!) here is my space, now finished after a few months.

Left side is the Dillon Square Deal in .45

The Dillon 650 with KISS bullet feeder for 9mm Major

The Dillon 550 serves dual duty for .223 and .40

Right side has the standing height bench for case trimming and tumbling, and a sitting bench for cleaning.

Thanks to go out to 3gunnah for all his "measure twice - cut once experience."

post-6125-1196203683.jpg

post-6125-1196203717.jpg

post-6125-1196204026.jpg

After looking throught the 25 pages of reloading rooms, (thanks all!) here is my space, now finished after a few months.

Right side has the standing height bench for case trimming and tumbling, and a sitting bench for cleaning.

What's that to the left of the Lyman tumbler?

it's too clean, definitley a hollywood stage, and all props.

nice room :)

lynn

My reloading room:

On the counter top is my Star in .45 acp with Free loader and Hulme casefeeder, my Dillon 550 with started life way back when Dillon first went direct. To its right (your left) is my RCBS A. Located on the shelf but not visible is a CH single station press, a RCBS Lubrisizer, and a Dillon Primer Pocket swager.

All are mounted on these bent 10 gauge steel plates.

Three holes in the bench top allow me to mount any of these solidly with a single three inch by 1/2 inch NC grade 8 bolt. I can change presses on the bench in about one minute.

This is my first attempt at a dedicated reloading room, I will do better next time!

post-2869-1196299197.jpg

post-2869-1196299315.jpg

Edited by Michael Carlin

My reloading room:

Three holes in the bench top allow me to mount any of these solidly with a single three inch by 1/2 inch NC grade 8 bolt. I can change presses on the bench in about one minute.

Sweet setup. I love the change options that you have with mounts. :cheers:

My reloading room:

This is my first attempt at a dedicated reloading room, I will do better next time!

Those mounts are pure genius! How about another pic focused on them.

:cheers:

There are three 9/16" holes drilled about 13" from the front edge. These are spaced about 15" apart.

Beneath eash hole a flat plate of light steel is fasterned. It has two 3/16 holes son either side of a centrally located 5/8" hole with 1/2 NC nut welded to the over it to the plate.

These plates are screwed through the 3/16 holes into the 3/4"plywood sheet that is glued to the bottom of the counter top to strengthen it.

The 10 guage plates are roughly 19.5 by 12.5 and are bent as you see in the pictures. A thin sheet of plywood is used to protect the counter top from the bolts mounting the equipment to the plates.

Details below:

post-2869-1196737888.jpg

post-2869-1196737899.jpg

Edited by Michael Carlin

It is so sad looking at all these cool reloading areas. I've had my 550 for 6 months, a bench for a little longer and related equipment with no place to put any of it. I had a space all picked out in the basement but my wifes' stuff is in there and I can't get her to move it. I don't dare move it myself for fear of "THE EVIL EYE". Looking at these photos gets me in the mood to move to a larger house with a huge garage.

Hello reloaders! After much thought and research, I got the Blue Flu and bought a used Square Deal B that meets my needs.

Now I'm facing the issue of mounting it, because my available space is very limited and building a proper bench is not an option right now. The maintenance guys at the office building I work in have this (pics below), and I'm thinking it could be my salvation. It's as minimalist as it gets, and it sure is sturdy! The rest of the flat working area would be had by installing regular shelves.

Here are the pics:

imagen10kp5.jpg

imagen34bk1.jpg

imagen35ys1.jpg

Do you think such a mounting would work OK with the press? Is there any inconvenience in this system that I'm not catching?

Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge and experience!

It could be more separated from the wall, and I'm planning on adding shelves (with not so strong mountings) next to it, to put stuff and do other tasks (weighting, measuring, etc).

I hadn't realized before that I posted this in the Gallery instead of the Reloading forum (sorry mods! :() - I'll look for a thread over there where planning talk would fit better.

Thanks!

Well, after visiting MaineShootah's new room a few weeks ago, I decided that it was time to move out of my closet reloading room that can be seen several pages back in this topic. I have the box off my old tech truck in the back yard behind the garage. (I know, you might be a redneck if you have a 16 foot truck body in your back yard that you use for a storage shed.) I put up a couple of shelves, sorted the Jeep parts, and made room for my reloading stuff. It ain't pretty, but now I don't have to start a battle to clean a rifle, or lay out a bunch of gear to get ready for a match.

post-8715-1197231895.jpg

post-8715-1197231905.jpg

post-8715-1197231919.jpg

Well, after visiting MaineShootah's new room a few weeks ago, I decided that it was time to move out of my closet reloading room that can be seen several pages back in this topic. I have the box off my old tech truck in the back yard behind the garage. (I know, you might be a redneck if you have a 16 foot truck body in your back yard that you use for a storage shed.) I put up a couple of shelves, sorted the Jeep parts, and made room for my reloading stuff. It ain't pretty, but now I don't have to start a battle to clean a rifle, or lay out a bunch of gear to get ready for a match.

Ledge,

Looks great!

You even have built in AC with yours, if that is what I see in photo 3.

Now ebay some of them jeep pa'hts to get some mo' room in there for powder and bullets, although I see you have plenty of seating stacked up in the back for when we all come over...

:cheers:

Edited by maineshootah